Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The only "debate" is the one occurring in your head.
    which head?

Notice the "snail" in the picture below.
    Last edited by mouse; 10-13-2011 at 11:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one composed predominantly of air.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice cap.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The one composed predominantly of air.
    Unlike yours that is deprived of oxygen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So If I say 3,998 people died on 9/11 and you say 3,997 people died on 9/11 does that mean we have to stop giving our personal views on 9/11?

The point is the Grand Canyon could have been carved in two years it's still 16 million 998.000 years less than your Darwin lovers claim.

You obliviously have no clue how powerful water is and what it can do in just hours.

where do I begin.... oh man. Study some geology before you make such assumptions....

EDIT:randomguy nails it with his quote. the first few points destroys Mouse's simpleminded conspiracy theory. Also, I believe I read Darwin was actually a Geologist in his early life.
    Last edited by Halberto; 10-14-2011 at 03:01 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

where do I begin....
    On page one

oh man. Study some geology before you make such assumptions....
    My point exactly ,the books are flawed. Why study something that is has not been proven?

Evidence you don't take this subject serious.

I believe
    That makes it a religion... not....a " Science"

I read Darwin
    My point exactly. (on page one)

was actually a Geologist in his early life.
    And Jesus was a carpenter... what's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike yours that is deprived of oxygen.
    Banter much? If you're going to make a point, make it. We'll all be fossilized before word one at this pace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My point exactly ,the books are flawed. Why study something that is has not been proven?

WTF are you saying? How do you want someone to prove it will take millions of years for rock to erode? If you took the time to read a book you would understand. You could also read the short explanation that randomguy provided, but that would just roll off your simple, lazy mind as bull . Science makes sense for those who are willing to take the time to understand.

That makes it a religion... not....a " Science"
    You're right, all those people getting PhD's and the people who find oil are just witchdoctors. Anyone can do what they do.

I was simply responding to randomguy claiming Darwin was not a geologist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, all those people getting PhD's and the people who find oil are just witchdoctors. Anyone can do what they do.
    Anyone mouse, anyone. Even you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Who keeps saying they don't teach Man evolved from a snail to the students?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

any proof on this what he built?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    any proof on this what he built?
    Have you tried Craigslist or eBay?
    Most of his stuff is rare and hard to find.

What I don't get is how your weak Bible bashing outdated smack has to do with the Science text books that need to be updated. That is why I call the shows to get a legit answer.

Save your Creationist baiting material for Angel-Luv

I don't support the Bible or Intelligent design I support facts over theories.

And Isn't Science all about "facts"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't worth my time. Mouse probably failed calculus and physics in high school.
    Last edited by Halberto; 10-15-2011 at 02:06 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This isn't worth my time.
    Translation: I do have time after all I took time to come in here to hurl a lame insult. it's my way to show people I passed calculus and physics in high school and yet have nothing to add to this topic.

Mouse probably failed calculus and physics in high school.
    Peter Jennings...Albert Einstein both dropped out of high school whats your point?

What kind of grades did your role model Darwin make in high school?

I heard he flunked PE and used to smoke pot during lunch.

Once again ST shows how weak minded they are on the subject of Evolution and age of earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Translation: I do have time after all I took time to come in here to hurl a lame insult. it's my way to show people I passed calculus and physics in high school and yet have nothing to add to this topic.

Peter Jennings...Albert Einstein both dropped out of high school whats your point?

What kind of grades did your role model Darwin make in high school?

I heard he flunked PE and used to smoke pot during lunch.

Once again ST shows how weak minded they are on the subject of Evolution and age of earth.

FYI, you have lapsed into incoherence. Your statements used to make some small amount of semi-rational sense, but your posts/statements here lack any order that is intelligible to someone outside of your own head.

While they make sense to you, I'm sure, they don't make sense to anybody else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again ST shows how weak minded they are on the subject of Evolution and age of earth [especially when compared to my rock solid grasp of the topic].
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to recognize their mistakes.[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their own abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority.

The hypothesized phenomenon was tested in a series of experiments performed by Justin Kruger and David Dunning, both then of Cornell University.[2][5] Kruger and Dunning noted earlier studies suggesting that ignorance of standards of performance is behind a great deal of incompetence. This pattern was seen in studies of skills as diverse as reading comprehension, operating a motor vehicle, and playing chess or tennis.

Kruger and Dunning proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

1.tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
    2.fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
    3.fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
    4.recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they can be trained to substantially improve.

Dunning has since drawn an analogy ("the anosognosia of everyday life")[1][6] to a condition in which a person who suffers a physical disability because of brain injury seems unaware of or denies the existence of the disability, even for dramatic impairments such as blindness or paralysis.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I support facts over theories.
    LOL...

It's one thing to lie to us. I just hope you're not lying to yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you're of the same mold as Jennings and Einstein?

Some fail due to boredom and some fail because they don't grasp things.

Rest assured, you do not fall into the same category as either of those two.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    FYI, you have lapsed into incoherence. Your statements used to make some small amount of semi-rational sense, but your posts/statements here lack any order that is intelligible to someone outside of your own head.

While they make sense to you, I'm sure, they don't make sense to anybody else.

They said the same thing to Thomas Edison.

Don't get blown away from my comments, do your own research and prove me wrong. I knew this topic was above your pay grade.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Your words, or another cut and paste?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL...

It's one thing to lie to us. I just hope you're not lying to yourself.
    Thanks to laser surgery many can actually read this topic and judge for themselves who presented evidence.

Truth is ...this topic is recorded proof how weak Darwin's BS really is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They said the same thing to Thomas Edison.

Don't get blown away from my comments, do your own research and prove me wrong. I knew this topic was above your pay grade.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to recognize their mistakes.[1] The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their own abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority.

The hypothesized phenomenon was tested in a series of experiments performed by Justin Kruger and David Dunning, both then of Cornell University.[2][5] Kruger and Dunning noted earlier studies suggesting that ignorance of standards of performance is behind a great deal of incompetence. This pattern was seen in studies of skills as diverse as reading comprehension, operating a motor vehicle, and playing chess or tennis.

Kruger and Dunning proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

1.tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
    2.fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
    3.fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy
    ;
    4.recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they can be trained to substantially improve.

Dunning has since drawn an analogy ("the anosognosia of everyday life")[1][6] to a condition in which a person who suffers a physical disability because of brain injury seems unaware of or denies the existence of the disability, even for dramatic impairments such as blindness or paralysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep in mind you're telling a graduate in Geophysics that they didn't think about the subject enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep in mind you're telling a graduate in Geophysics that they didn't think about the subject enough.
    He cares not. The same torture was visited upon me in the threads relating to radioactivity.

Geophysics eh? Where do you work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I graduated in August and on the prowl right now. I've got an interview in Austin this week with a small exploration company, which I'm ecstatic about.

I think I remember you talking about the technology we have to detect radioactive material, it's good to hear people on here actually speaking from their own expertise instead of from their ass (mouse).

Thread Information