Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    great finish!!!

Very tough fight to score. 3-2 Benson.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Post Count
    Henderson could have taken it with that closing flurry.

Post Count
    Great fight! Congrats to Bendo.

Post Count
    Badass fight, benson is a bad mother er.

Post Count
    Edgar: I thought i did enough to win the fight

Edgar has too many yes men around him.. That was a clinic from Bendo.. Masterful performance..

5-0 on my card..

Post Count
    Stacked division with pettis coming on strong, melendez hopefully will get in the mix too I wanna see someone beat his ass.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Edgar pissed me off when he refused to hit gloves with Benson at the start of the first round. I know it's a little thing, but I felt he was trying to send a message that (as a points fighter) he obvi wasn't going to cash, especially against a guy like Benson. Hate when guys say that their corner tells them they are up on points, always glad to see those dudes lose.

Also, this was the most random event for predictions - need moar Japan events! :P

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    PS: I don't know MMA, terrible picks haha

Post Count
    Very tough fight to score. 3-2 Benson.
    It's very close. Winner of this round takes it tbh.
    WOW!! I watched this on the PPV and let me tell you the damage Bendo did was huge. I had 5-0 at least 4-1. Fight metric should have Bendo owning this come tomorrow. He punished Edgar tonight..

Post Count
    Edgar: I thought i did enough to win the fight

Edgar has too many yes men around him.. That was a clinic from Bendo.. Masterful performance..

5-0 on my card..
    Wouldn't say it was a clinic...but the UD for Henderson was definitely the right decision. Edgar battled his ass off.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Edgar pissed me off when he refused to hit gloves with Benson at the start of the first round. I know it's a little thing, but I felt he was trying to send a message that (as a points fighter) he obvi wasn't going to cash, especially against a guy like Benson. Hate when guys say that their corner tells them they are up on points, always glad to see those dudes lose.

Also, this was the most random event for predictions - need moar Japan events! :P
    Yup corners are not motivating with the talk like this.

I was 0-5 on the card
    Gr8 and fantastic

benson vs Showtime, another rematch on lw divison

Post Count
    Wouldn't say it was a clinic...but the UD for Henderson was definitely the right decision. Edgar battled his ass off.
    Other than a few TD's that Bendo was conceding to land the harder shots i don't know what Frankie did. He got punished all night to the body and busted his face all up.. He also had 2 or 3 nice sub attempts..

Post Count
    WOW!! I watched this on the PPV and let me tell you the damage Bendo did was huge. I had 5-0 at least 4-1. Fight metric should have Bendo owning this come tomorrow. He punished Edgar tonight..
    I think the overall striking was fairly even...but the damage edge was what won it for Benson. At some point Edgar has to try to finish instead of thinking he's got the decision. Goes back to the old Dana quote.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    1-4 sorry

Post Count
    Other than a few TD's that Bendo was conceding to land the harder shots i don't know what Frankie did. He got punished all night to the body and busted his face all up.. He also had 2 or 3 nice sub attempts..
    You get dropped with a punch it's not a clinic(thought it was a slip at first but watching the replay he definitely dropped him).

Edgar landed shots but it was more about scoring and not power. That was the difference in the fight. Again...it was a worthy UD for Henderson but it wasn't as one sided as you seem to be making it.

Post Count
    Who's next in line? And where does Edgar go from here

Post Count
    Pettis perhaps?

Twitter updates

Final Compustrike stats had it close, Edgar out-landing Bendo 124-114. Takedowns: Edgar 7, Bendo 2. #UFC144

from Josh Gross ESPN:

Joe Rogan says on the PPV that Zuffa wants Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis is next. Figure we'll know more after the press conference.

Post Count
    Edgar really needs to drop to 145. The talent pool at LW is so deep right now that he would really do himself a favor by moving down.

Post Count
    Twitter updates

Final Compustrike stats had it close, Edgar out-landing Bendo 124-114. Takedowns: Edgar 7, Bendo 2. #UFC144

from Josh Gross ESPN:

Joe Rogan says on the PPV that Zuffa wants Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis is next. Figure we'll know more after the press conference.
    You have to score damage though. Edgar hit Ben with a lot of pitter patter.

DAMAGE!!! Anyone who says Edgar won to me is a lunatic.. He is probably going to the hospital..

Post Count
    Can't wait for that fight! Don't know who to root for love both of their games.

Post Count
    Twitter updates

from Josh Gross ESPN:

I knew the striking was close. Start trying to win Frankie and you might not be disappointed next time.

You have to score damage though. Edgar hit Ben with a lot of pitter patter.
    oh I know, I had Benson winning the fight as well; just posting some stats I found

Post Count
    Maybe Frankie against Gilbert then.

Thread Information