Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson (for lightweight le)
    Ryan Bader vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    Cheick Kongo vs. Mark Hunt
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
    Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami
    Hatsu Hioki and Bart Palaszewski
    Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Takanori Gomi vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
    Vaughan Lee vs. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto
    Steve Cantwell vs. Riki Fukuda
    Chris Cariaso vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    Issei Tamura vs. Tiequan Zhang

The UFC officially is returning to Japan.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25098/ufc-...ie.com+Feed%29
    Last edited by ace3g; 02-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Rampage and King Mo have started a twitter battle for this card, could be a possible match up if other potential fights with Rampage don't happen.

Dana confirms: Edgar vs Benson: LW le Fight in Japan

Akiyama vs. Shields at UFC 144 in Japan...

http://www.ufc.com/news/Akiyama-Make...ds-in-February

Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch at UFC 144 in Japan, can't wait!!!! Have to go with Boetsch though, he has impressed me so much at MW

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26104/yush...ie.com+Feed%29

Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon Booked for UFC 144 In Japan

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/11/1...lshare_twitter
    Last edited by ace3g; 11-15-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Rampage4real Quinton Jackson
    It don't look like I'm fighting n Japan which I'm not happy about at all,I think its a big mistake by the UFC... it

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Haha, got to love Rampage. I agree with him though, it's hard to not put PRIDE/Japan/Rampage togther -- can't have one without the other two as far as MMA is concerned. Oh well.

Ryan Bader vs. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson set for UFC 144 in Japan

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26254/ryan...ie.com+Feed%29

rather have him fight someone like King Mo (rivalry type fight) if they couldn't get Shogun.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Ryan Bader vs. Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson set for UFC 144 in Japan

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26254/ryan...ie.com+Feed%29

rather have him fight someone like King Mo (rivalry type fight) if they couldn't get Shogun.
    Same here

Although it's very intriguing matchup

Rampage again will about him facing wrestler

Post Count
    What a great card. Seriously, awesome. I'm going to pick my first five officially, but want to chime in on a few others... As if you give a .

Champ Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson - I love Edgar, but Henderson is no like Maynard. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Benderson Era.
    Ryan Bader vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson - Bader needs this to get back into le picture while Rampage will do his normal routine: Be fat. Be lazy. Lose.
    Cheick Kongo vs. Mark Hunt - I love Mark Hunt, but his last fight was sad to watch. He's more than just a few steps slower than he used to be. Kongo is going to decimate his face.
    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields - This might be the first time I've ever picked Shields to win a fight. I wouldn't stuff Sexyama up my ass if I had room for a mighty Elm. What a waste of a fighter.
    Joe Lauzon vs. Anthony Pettis - I love you, Joe, but you're about to get raped.

PRELIMINARY CARD

Tim Boetsch vs. Yushin Okami - How funny that a so-called #1 contender a few months ago is all of a sudden barely making the preliminary card. I'm going to really enjoy watching Sonnen butt Silva.
    Takanori Gomi vs. George Sotiropoulos - Great fight! I'm taking Sotiropoulus by armbar.
    Hatsu Hioki and Bart Palaszewski - This will be Bart's 50th fight or something like that -- I love him, he's a ing banger.
    Leonard Garcia vs. Tiequan Zhang - War Garcia!

good news:
    UFC 144 in Japan to feature seven main-card bouts, Okami and Hioki promoted

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27415/ufc-...medium=twitter

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

- Both of these guys just don't know how to quit, Edgar's resume obviously includes the 2 Maynard fights and Benson has the ability to withstand any submission attempt and lets not forget he survived the "showtime" kick (yes he got knocked down but recovered). Going to be a great fight, give the edge to Benson in this one.

- Perfect fight for Rampage, opponent (Bader) really one dimensional, never uses kicks (has wrestling but Rampage is decent in TD defense). Just haven't seen anything from Bader that impresses me, Rampage by decision.

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
    Not a big fan of either but lets see if Akiyama can handle the move down to welterweight, will the extra weight cut help or hurt him...

- The Barbarian has impressed me in his 2 wins at Middleweight, I look for that streak to continue against Okami; hopefully he has another "gif" worthy hip throw.

Hatsu Hioki and Bart Palaszewski

- Now that Pettis has worked on his wrestling + unorthodox striking / underrated ground game, should be a fun scrap. Pettis takes this one.
    Last edited by ace3g; 02-17-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Post Count
    Ryan Bader vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson - Bader needs this to get back into le picture while Rampage will do his normal routine: Be fat. Be lazy. Lose.
    Bader is one of the least talented guys to win TUF. He has no dominant skill anywhere. Page can eat doritos for 8 weeks and still win a UD on this guy..

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    [B]
    Didn't Mo fail that last 'roid test?

I really like this card. Sure, it's got a few has-beens or never-will-bes, but I still like it. Lauzon has his work cut out for him, but I'm going to have faith and cheer him on anyway because nerds rock.

Post Count
    Mo said the banned substance was in the supplement he was taking and did not know there was something there

Rampage all the way IMO

Post Count
    Bader is one of the least talented guys to win TUF. He has no dominant skill anywhere. Page can eat doritos for 8 weeks and still win a UD on this guy..
    Sounds like a sig bet is in order. Shall we do another 30 days?

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    - I admire Frankie, think he's a great Champion - but Ben can grab a hold of him and tag him.
    - Rampage begged to be on this card. He will be motivated, but I think Bader will make it a wrestling match so we'll see what type of gameplan Rampage will bring.

Post Count
    - I admire Frankie, think he's a great Champion - but Ben can grab a hold of him and tag him.
    - Rampage begged to be on this card. He will be motivated, but I think Bader will make it a wrestling match so we'll see what type of gameplan Rampage will bring.
    Hard to argue with the Champ, but Lauzon? Okami? I'd love to hear your reasons for these picks, even if they are just "gut" picks.

Post Count
    Sounds like a sig bet is in order. Shall we do another 30 days?
    Bring it on....

Don't underestimate going back to Japan for Rampage. He asked to be on this card and wants to put on a show for the fans he used to fight in front of all those years in Pride..

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hard to argue with the Champ, but Lauzon? Okami? I'd love to hear your reasons for these picks, even if they are just "gut" picks.
    Okami is one of the biggest, most experienced, and strongest MWs, I can't think of a single thing Tim can do to frustrate him. He's not Chael or Silva, and he's in enemy territory. If it were a le fight or #1 contender fight, I'd pick against Okami cuz he chokes haha.

Lauzon is one of the most game LWs out there, no idea how he can be seen as an underdog. J-Lau isn't afraid of takedowns, so Pettis needs to keep this standing if he wants a chance at a decision. Sure, Pettis has speed and more strikes - but J-Lau is patient and can hold his own even where Pettis is his best.

lol lol

Last edited by ace3g; 02-20-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Post Count

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    Okami is one of the biggest, most experienced, and strongest MWs, I can't think of a single thing Tim can do to frustrate him. He's not Chael or Silva, and he's in enemy territory. If it were a le fight or #1 contender fight, I'd pick against Okami cuz he chokes haha.

Lauzon is one of the most game LWs out there, no idea how he can be seen as an underdog. J-Lau isn't afraid of takedowns, so Pettis needs to keep this standing if he wants a chance at a decision. Sure, Pettis has speed and more strikes - but J-Lau is patient and can hold his own even where Pettis is his best.
    I don't understand why people keep writing Okami off. He's only had three losses since 2007 - to Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen and Rich Franklin. He is definitely not a walk-through.

I'm slowly coming around to your way of thinking on Lauzon as well. At first glance it's a bad fight for him, but the more thinking one does about it the more things don't look so certain in Pettis' favor.

lol , would have been funnier if I didn't already see most of those lines on ESPN last week...

Last edited by ace3g; 02-22-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Post Count
    What an awesome spot that was on Bendo. What a great guy. I'm rooting for him even more now..

What an awesome spot that was on Bendo. What a great guy. I'm rooting for him even more now..
    Yeah I didn't know much about his background (other then his religious side).

--

Oh and this poster is going around, made specifically for Rampage return to Japan:

Thread Information