Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tablets are a fad. They will end up in closets in neoprene sleeves and one day someone will say "dude, remember this?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tablets are a fad. They will end up in closets in neoprene sleeves and one day someone will say "dude, remember this?"
    Typing this on my wife's iPad. Her computer hasn't been on for 6+ months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cellphones are a fad. They will end up in closets in neoprene sleeves and one day someone will say "dude, remember this?"

DVD players are a fad. They will end up in closets in neoprene sleeves and one day someone will say "dude, remember this?"

PCs are a fad. They will end up in closets in neoprene sleeves and one day someone will say "dude, remember this?"
    etc etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I dont want to buy a tablet

I'm afraid I won't use my laptop anymore (I bought it a 1.5 year ago)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hardly turn on my laptop since I got my galaxy tab 10.1, my wife has the smaller tab that's always connected to sprint and her laptop is hardly used also. I connect my tab to my phones unlimited wifi 4g hotspot and the kids connect their netbooks also when we out and about but man do we here them ask for tabs like crazy and when we say you are crazy you both have netbook they fire back with, you both have laptops. Makes me lol every time.

We also have a home PC that pretty much is just a photo frame now with out photos as a screen saver, it is like a guest PC since they are the only people to really used it, other than magic jack and streaming movies to our xboxs its hardly touch.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    the new galaxy tab by samsung is pretty much badass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still use my laptop a good amount but that probably has to do with my Touchpad's ty browser not being able to do everything I need it to. I would still use my laptop to run certain programs that will never run on my tablet anyway, though.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the new galaxy tab by samsung is pretty much badass.
    in the countries you can still buy it in!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both regular computers and tablets have their + and -

If you want to do regular browsing and multimedia it's more confortable to use Touchpad/iPad/Galaxy, etc

But for other tasks, it's more convenient to use a computer - docs, heavy typing, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple fanboys getting mad at Mexican's Dad

LOL Apple even mexicans hate it

I imagine the Galaxy Tab must be cheap cause they cannot sell it in Europe. Or maybe in the black market?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I hate typing on tablets and worse on phones. I go to a real computer when I need to type

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I hate typing on tablets and worse on phones. I go to a real computer when I need to type
    When I need to do heavy typing (ie: programming at work), then sure. But to type in these forums it's fine for me.

I figured that if I ever needed to do heavy typing on the tablet (like when I travel I only take the tablet now and use VNC), I can always hook up a bluetooth keyboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not even that. I can fill out a web form in 30 seconds on a pc/laptop. In a tablet it is a pain in the ass.

they are good for reading, movies, games. that's about it IMO

ppl these days forget the feedback the keyboard gives you from the "feel" of it. You will never recreate this with "virtual" keyboards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bought the Bluetooth keyboard to go with my and I bring them to class and use google docs to take my notes..... Works really well for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The PDA says o.

The tablet PC has a really awkward form factor. It has limited applications that you run through really fast. It's an overgrown PDA and like the PDA will be shelved soon.

The only thing driving the tablet PC sales is high pressure marketing campaigns. When people line up at night to purchase the new Ipad first thing for the regular price, that's marketing hype at it's finest.

I know plenty people who have the Ipad. The only reason any of them use it is to feel they are getting something from it. It's like going camping just because you inherited a tent, when you don't even like camping.
    Last edited by DMC; 09-09-2011 at 09:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once I found a good split KB I was good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to tell you this but the PDA was far from a fad. Where the do you think smartphones evolved from?

I find nothing awkward about a 7inch or 10 inch tablets form factor. I guess it was marketing hype that drove touchpad sales too. Tablets are simply the evolution of the netbook market. Its the exact reason why you don't see any new netbooks.

I see dozens of people with tablets at school each day that are using them for all kinds of things from internet usage to note taking. I see many people with them on the train as well. I see people playing games on them, watching movies, and reading books.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to tell you this but the PDA was far from a fad. Where the do you think smartphones evolved from?

I find nothing awkward about a 7inch or 10 inch tablets form factor. I guess it was marketing hype that drove touchpad sales too. Tablets are simply the evolution of the netbook market. Its the exact reason why you don't see any new netbooks.

I see dozens of people with tablets at school each day that are using them for all kinds of things from internet usage to note taking. I see many people with them on the train as well. I see people playing games on them, watching movies, and reading books.
    I would argue that they might be a fad if something better comes along. Better meaning a better form factor, more portable, etc, which right now looks relatively unlikely, other than actual improvements on the table form factor itself.

The day I figured they would catch on was on my last flight back from Texas about 1.5 years ago, when I noticed about 15 people on the plane had iPads, and they were all playing games, watching movies, reading, etc. This was when the iPad was basically just released. I recall taking mine too instead of the 17" laptop that time. Just way more convenient.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The PDA says o.

The tablet PC has a really awkward form factor. It has limited applications that you run through really fast. It's an overgrown PDA and like the PDA will be shelved soon.

The only thing driving the tablet PC sales is high pressure marketing campaigns. When people line up at night to purchase the new Ipad first thing for the regular price, that's marketing hype at it's finest.

I know plenty people who have the Ipad. The only reason any of them use it is to feel they are getting something from it. It's like going camping just because you inherited a tent, when you don't even like camping.

I disagree. It's much more versatile than a PDA you should see how the medical industry is grasping the use of the tablet. Tablets are much in line with the smart phones and theres no chance in those are going away, there is and always will be a market for a tablet user. Tablets will eventually evolve into something on par with the power and use of a pc running full native mac and or pc apps. Regards to typing on a tablet sure it can be bersome but the bluetooth keyboard cases are awesome.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I'll bet DMC still uses an Abacus and has an Atari 2600

Mr Robinsons hood denizen Creepn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not even that. I can fill out a web form in 30 seconds on a pc/laptop. In a tablet it is a pain in the ass.

ppl these days forget the feedback the keyboard gives you from the "feel" of it. You will never recreate this with "virtual" keyboards.
    You should get the Asus EEE Pad Transformer then. You can buy a keyboard attachment that turns the tablet into a netbook. You can basically do stuff on it you would on a laptop like typing word do ents and whatnot and then when you detach it from the attachment, it becomes a tablet again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My tab vibrates when I touch the keys, as for doing forms with it I can do it pretty fast, not as fast as a laptop but close. On the photo I posted on the top row where it says m2 and where all the funky keys are I turned them into shortcuts. Like I press m2 and it will type my email and some others are program for my name, address, phone, etc so it makes typing a bit better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would argue that they might be a fad if something better comes along. Better meaning a better form factor, more portable, etc, which right now looks relatively unlikely, other than actual improvements on the table form factor itself.

The day I figured they would catch on was on my last flight back from Texas about 1.5 years ago, when I noticed about 15 people on the plane had iPads, and they were all playing games, watching movies, reading, etc. This was when the iPad was basically just released. I recall taking mine too instead of the 17" laptop that time. Just way more convenient.
    I used to see a lot of them on planes. I fly about 50+ times a year, and this year I have not seen as many in use. That's not to say they weren't present, but when they were new, people seemed to pull them out and use them just because they were new.

I am not saying they don't have any use, but they are awkward and very limited. There's currently a "desire" niche, but I cannot see many usage niches that cannot be filled by conventional laptops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll bet DMC still uses an Abacus and has an Atari 2600

I had one of these. Football was the .

I also had a TRS 80.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. It's much more versatile than a PDA you should see how the medical industry is grasping the use of the tablet. Tablets are much in line with the smart phones and theres no chance in those are going away, there is and always will be a market for a tablet user. Tablets will eventually evolve into something on par with the power and use of a pc running full native mac and or pc apps. Regards to typing on a tablet sure it can be bersome but the bluetooth keyboard cases are awesome.
    Grocery markets use hand scanners. Do you have one in your home?

Business use and personal use are separate things. I don't have any use for a 6 axis robot but there are plenty of them in use in factories.

I have half a dozen PCs and 3 laptops. I am no stranger to the PC thing. I don't own a tablet because I have no use for one.

It's a prediction. You can scoff all you like, we'll see who's still using their tablet PC next year.

Thread Information