Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EXCEPT there was no attempt to track the guns in Mexico or prosecute the cartel members that took possession of the guns and THERE NEVER WAS. The goal was to make sure crimes got committed in Mexico with guns the ATF could do ent were purchased in the US.
    so let's assume they didn't track the guns, is that illegal? The whole point of the operation was to track the guns to cartels in Mexico... maybe you should broaden your news sources skippy..

god you are a dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are kidding, right? How about not giving them the ing guns to start with?
    to track them to the cartels ..how hard is that to understand stupid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so let's assume they didn't track the guns, is that illegal? The whole point of the operation was to track the guns to cartels in Mexico... maybe you should broaden your news sources skippy..
    And you condone this? What was the ing point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You condone GIVING ING GUNS TO THE CARTELS and you call ME stupid?

You ing moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you condone this? What was the ing point?
    the whole point of the operation was to track the guns.... they apparently didn't do a good job..they didn't break any laws..

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So track the guns by not putting the guns in circulation and keeping them yourself.

There is a certain simplicity to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the whole point of the operation was to track the guns.... they apparently didn't do a good job..they didn't break any laws..

moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You condone GIVING ING GUNS TO THE CARTELS and you call ME stupid?

You ing moron.
    ok I'll slow down stupid, the game was to sell to gun runners who would then turn and sell them to the cartels.. (hint this inverstigation was started by the Bush administration) the US would then be able to locate cartel members from the purchased guns.. you do realize this was the basis for the operation, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so they didn't break any laws.. thanks for clarifying that your feinged outrage/ ing was for naught.. just a show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So track the guns by not putting the guns in circulation and keeping them yourself.

There is a certain simplicity to it.
    What is the point of "proving" the cartels use guns to commit violent crimes by giving them guns to commit the violent crimes with? Did any reasonable person think the cartels were using rubber bands and spitballs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the point of "proving" the cartels use guns to commit violent crimes by giving them guns to commit the violent crimes with? Did any reasonable person think the cartels were using rubber bands and spitballs?
    Where do you think they get the guns other than those involved in this operation?

Be specific.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so they didn't break any laws.. thanks for clarifying that your feinged outrage/ ing was for naught.. just a show

moron

Don't be so quick to claim no laws were broken when the investigations aren't even close to being over. New facts are coming out almost every day.

It's really appalling that you guys support and condone the US government GIVING weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be so quick to claim no laws were broken when the investigations aren't even close to being over.
    and vice-versa

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were they equipped with tracking devices? I haven't heard that.

Tell me, how did the design of the "Fast and Furious" program intend to allow U. S. federal agents to track down cartels? It's no mystery cartels use guns. It's no mystery cartels kill people with them.

What is apparently a mystery to the U.S. federal agents in charge of this cluster is that cartels dump guns used to kill U.S. agents and, therefore screw up their plan. Guess they didn't see that coming.

They also seem to be oblivious to the fact the cartels don't give a that you're trying to locate them. And, I don't think giving them weapons with the hopes (there's that word again) you'll be able to find out who and where they are, later, when the guns turn up in their possession, is the best way to track them down.

Seriously, what was the plan between selling them the guns and locating the cartels in possession of them? Seems to me they cut out a pretty important part of the plan...tracking the ing guns.

If they had truly wanted to track down the cartels, they would have conducted surveillance on the transit of the guns they sold to the narco-terrorists.

Tracking down cartels, as an excuse, is laughable on it's face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you think they get the guns other than those involved in this operation?

Be specific.
    Surely you aren't THAT stupid. They are billionaires. They can get guns anywhere they want. Central America is loaded with AK's and AR's. Do some come from the US too? Sure...so ing what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely you aren't THAT stupid. They are billionaires. They can get guns anywhere they want. Central America is loaded with AK's and AR's. Do some come from the US too? Sure...so ing what?
    So some of the guns come from the US?

How does that happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So some of the guns come from the US?

How does that happen?
    Duh. They buy them and smuggle them out of the country just like they smuggle drugs into the country.

That is no reason to quit selling guns in the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am begining to agree with the dumbasses on this board..we need to start looking at the adminstration who started this prgram in 2006... who was president then? I would assume you guys who want to get to the bottom of it would want to start with who authorized it. Did Obama authorize this?

I demand answers..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duh. They buy them and smuggle them out of the country just like they smuggle drugs into the country.
    So how do they do that?

That is no reason to quit selling guns in the USA.
    Nice straw man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, I think ChumpDumper actually hits on the real reason behind "Fast and Furious."

About the time this program was begun, Obama was commiserating with the Mexicans and advancing the narrative, but for guns going to Mexico from the United States, there wouldn't be so much violence there.

What better way to support that narrative than to insure American guns show up at Mexican crime scenes.

What better way to ensure American guns show up at Mexican crime scenes than to give narco-terrorists tax dollar to buy them, in American, and then wave buh bye as they take them back to Mexico?

I think that's the sinister objective behind "Fast and Furious." Obama needed to support his claim that American guns were the chief cause of Mexican violence and, thus, be able to start implementing gun controls domestically.

Thankfully, the program was exposed. Unfortunately, it came at the price of many lives, including that of one if his own employees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, I think ChumpDumper actually hits on the real reason behind "Fast and Furious."

About the time this program was begun, Obama was commiserating with the Mexicans and advancing the narrative, but for guns going to Mexico from the United States, there wouldn't be so much violence there.

What better way to support that narrative than to insure American guns show up at Mexican crime scenes.

What better way to ensure American guns show up at Mexican crime scenes than to give narco-terrorists tax dollar to buy them, in American, and then wave buh bye as they take them back to Mexico?

I think that's the sinister objective behind "Fast and Furious." Obama needed to support his claim that American guns were the chief cause of Mexican violence and, thus, be able to start implementing gun controls domestically.

Thankfully, the program was exposed. Unfortunately, it came at the price of many lives, including that of one if his own employees.
    Wait a minute..I thought your side believes that more guns are needed not less. In fact your argument is that if there are more guns on the street the safer we will be...

you're just making stuff up left and right now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

X2

IMHO that was the real purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am begining to agree with the dumbasses on this board..we need to start looking at the adminstration who started this prgram in 2006... who was president then? I would assume you guys who want to get to the bottom of it would want to start with who authorized it. Did Obama authorize this?

I demand answers..
    Source?

By all accounts I've read, the practice of "gunwalking" wasn't ins uted by the ATF until the Fall of 2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will someone tell me who started the fast and furious operation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait a minute..I thought your side believes that more guns are needed not less. In fact your argument is that if there are more guns on the street the safer we will be...
    In the hands of law-abiding citizens. Absolutely.

...you're just making stuff up left and right now..
    It's a theory. How do you explain why they didn't bother to actually track the guns?

The practice of "gunwalking" does correspond to the time when Obama was blaming Mexican violence on American guns.

Thread Information