Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did that the first time I played oblivion.
    You can sprint on Oblivion? Seriously?

I'll have to try it out later to see how fast my level 200 athletics player can run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so I've played this game like WAAAAY to much, I'm up to level 70-something, yet only yesterday did I discover that I could make my character sprint
    I hope your character isn't a thief then.

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can sprint on Oblivion? Seriously?

I'll have to try it out later to see how fast my level 200 athletics player can run.
    You can't? hmm maybe it was a mod.. sprint means running, right?

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't? hmm maybe it was a mod.. sprint means running, right?
    not in Skyrim, hold alt to sprint, uses stamina

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Level 25 now. Finished the College of Winterhold quest and got the Morokei mask and Archmage Robes which make me a spell-slinging boss. Currently trying to pump my Enchanting and Smithing so I can amass a great fortune.

Anyone have trouble with storing stuff in the chest in the Archmages Quarters? That's considered a house after you earn it, right?

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watch out if you have the mage armor perk...morokei is light armor so the perk wont work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, this game. I've had enough of these glitches to waste my time on.

Lvl 32 archer/thief. Joining the stormcloaks. I got the quest to kill ice wraith but never did it. I'm doing the main quest line and I'm up to the part that I have to get the Imperials to meet with the SC's through the greybeards. Well, I can't talk to Ulrich or the other guy until I finish my stormcloak quest killing the ice wraith... a glitch. So I go do that and now I can't go any further. I talk to Ulrich, he tells me to talk to his guy. I talk to that guy and he tells me to talk to Ulrich, I talk to the Graybeards and those nikkers wont do until I talk to the other party... seriously WTF. SO I can't advance ANYMORE through the main quest line. you Bethesda.

tl;dr - finish your imperial/storm cloak quest before doing the main quest line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bugs are really pissing me off in this game now. So far

1. Can't get rid of any of the items found for people at the Bard's College after finishing the respective quests.
    2. Can't train archery past 90 with the master trainer.
    3. Archery often drops to 20 when training with the master trainer.
    4. Can't deliver the Queen Bee Statue to Delvin Mallory.
    5. Can't start The Litany of Larceny quest with the Thieves Guild.
    6. Can't finish the Go to the College in Winterhold quest even though I'm Arch-Mage, due to killing one of the dumbass mages who ran in front of me when fighting Arcano.
    7. Lots of times cannot absorb souls after killing dragons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might be wrong but I don't think that's a glitch is it? I thought trainers could only train you up to 90.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bugs are really pissing me off in this game now. So far

1. Can't get rid of any of the items found for people at the Bard's College after finishing the respective quests.
    3. Archery often drops to 20 when training with the master trainer.
    4. Can't deliver the Queen Bee Statue to Delvin Mallory.
    5. Can't start The Litany of Larceny quest with the Thieves Guild.
    6. Can't finish the Go to the College in Winterhold quest even though I'm Arch-Mage, due to killing one of the dumbass mages who ran in front of me when fighting Arcano.
    7. Lots of times cannot absorb souls after killing dragons.

Maybe this is why I had so much fun when I picked Morrowind's game of the year package in 2002 for 20 bucks.

Had no idea Bethesda was this ing shady, I just thought I had missed out on the greatest gaming experience of all time.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I might be wrong but I don't think that's a glitch is it? I thought trainers could only train you up to 90.
    correct, some can't even go to 90

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watch out if you have the mage armor perk...morokei is light armor so the perk wont work
    Yeah, I read about that on the internet. I haven't put any perks into Mage Armor yet, so now I'm trying to decide if I should put them into it and just use other items like amulets and circlets to get the same boosts, or put those perks into Armor / Enchanting and create a set of armor with similar features as the A-M Robes. I've been working towards making my character a Battle Mage / Spellsword all along, so I'll probably end up going the latter route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe this is why I had so much fun when I picked Morrowind's game of the year package in 2002 for 20 bucks.

Had no idea Bethesda was this ing shady, I just thought I had missed out on the greatest gaming experience of all time.
    With all I posted, I still think Skyrim is easily one of the top 5 games I have ever played and worth the $60 it cost many times over. Honestly, I don't blame Bethesda too much for these bugs. A heavily-scripted game like Skyrim has to be incredibly difficult to do testing on with all the permutations on the orders the quests can be started and finished in. With new builds being delivered by the developers to the testing teams probably at least once a week, there is no way anyone is going to get 100+ hours of gameplay in to really stress it. It sounds ty to release and let the millions of buyers be the ones to find a lot of the bugs, but I think there is no way to do a game of this size and complexity without having stuff like this in it on release. It would probably take forever to uncover lots of this stuff using their in-house teams and it would push the release dates back for a long time.

Oblivion was just like this the first year it was out too. I wonder if Morrowind was also (I never played it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    correct, some can't even go to 90
    Really? What's the point of a master trainer that can't train the player to master level?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adepts can train players to level 50, Experts to level 75, and Masters to level 90. Once your level reaches higher than a trainer, the option for training disappears. Unlike Oblivion, there is no means to be trained all the way to level 100 in a skill.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Trainer_(Skyrim)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Morrowind was also (I never played it).
    It was. And still is. The amount of buggy in Morrowind extends far and beyond your average "I can't sell this item" stuff. Start with no quest indicator and an incomplete map. People constantly give you the wrong or strange information, like "Go west and look for the grotto" and it's really south and a ruin. Flying enemies that are kicking your ass yet you can't hit with a sword no matter how hard you try. Quests disappearing off your menu. The list is nearly endless, at least for the unmodded standard version.

It kind of added to the charm though. Back then it was the most amazing game I'd ever played and I guess it made it feel more realistic. Some characters would probably be dumbasses about certain things, or at least ignorant, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adepts can train players to level 50, Experts to level 75, and Masters to level 90. Once your level reaches higher than a trainer, the option for training disappears. Unlike Oblivion, there is no means to be trained all the way to level 100 in a skill.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Trainer_(Skyrim)
    Wow, that makes getting gold a complete waste of time in the game then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lvl 32 archer/thief. Joining the stormcloaks. I got the quest to kill ice wraith but never did it. I'm doing the main quest line and I'm up to the part that I have to get the Imperials to meet with the SC's through the greybeards. Well, I can't talk to Ulrich or the other guy until I finish my stormcloak quest killing the ice wraith... a glitch. So I go do that and now I can't go any further. I talk to Ulrich, he tells me to talk to his guy. I talk to that guy and he tells me to talk to Ulrich, I talk to the Graybeards and those nikkers wont do until I talk to the other party... seriously WTF. SO I can't advance ANYMORE through the main quest line. you Bethesda.

tl;dr - finish your imperial/storm cloak quest before doing the main quest line.
    I got stuck there too..

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I read about that on the internet. I haven't put any perks into Mage Armor yet, so now I'm trying to decide if I should put them into it and just use other items like amulets and circlets to get the same boosts, or put those perks into Armor / Enchanting and create a set of armor with similar features as the A-M Robes. I've been working towards making my character a Battle Mage / Spellsword all along, so I'll probably end up going the latter route.

i use the mage's circlet and it gets the job done, but im conjuration with a conjured bow so im out of the action most of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Apparently spamming E will fix it.. and I think there's also a command for pc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are all these glitches only on the PC or something? I've had none of these on the 360.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are all these glitches only on the PC or something? I've had none of these on the 360.
    I'm pretty sure there's a bit of them on consoles too.. How far are you into it? You haven't seen one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you play going through quests like the game was designed for then you're a lot less likely to see them. I went and just started raiding dungeons and exploring the game world without starting a lot of quests, so a lot of times I would go and find an item before doing the quest for it which would trigger bugs (for instance, the Finn's Lute bug or the Thieves Guild bug I mentioned earlier). Actually, any game you play in a different style from what the game was designed for (e.g., going back in levels, racing through them without shooting anything, etc) will reveal lots of bugs in virtually any game on the market.

All the bugs I mentioned above are on the 360.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you play going through quests like the game was designed for then you're a lot less likely to see them. I went and just started raiding dungeons and exploring the game world without starting a lot of quests, so a lot of times I would go and find an item before doing the quest for it which would trigger bugs (for instance, the Finn's Lute bug or the Thieves Guild bug I mentioned earlier). Actually, any game you play in a different style from what the game was designed for (e.g., going back in levels, racing through them without shooting anything, etc) will reveal lots of bugs in virtually any game on the market.

All the bugs I mentioned above are on the 360.
    the finn's lute bug has nothing to do with when you find it, it happens if you get it when you are supposed to as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the finn's lute bug has nothing to do with when you find it, it happens if you get it when you are supposed to as well
    Yeah, you're right that one specifically is independent of when you pick it up. There was another Finn's Lute bug when you picked it up early, but it must have gotten patched by the time I started playing the game. The thieves guild one definitely happens if you pick up the other rare items before the queen bee statue though.

Thread Information