Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As you have realized, Updates/patches are offered automatically if you are hooked up to the internet. Come to think of it, my ethernet on my 360 is disconnected, so I haven't even patched mine yet.

As for installing the game, I've never noticed it causing any issues with the graphics with any games. Just helps (quite drastically) with loading times and such. I have my Skyrim installed onto a 8gb flash drive and it loads stuff up pretty quickly.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i installed mine mostly because i didnt want to scratch my disk. loading times are short, and i dont see any difference in graphics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the 1.3 patch? Any trouble with it? I been, playing like.crazy and haven't come across any glitches our bugs. The ground kinda gets crappy looking when I'm running and looking downwards, pother then that no complaints. I'm nervous to download any patches cuz don't wanna.fix something that ain't broke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the 1.3 patch? Any trouble with it? I been, playing like.crazy and haven't come across any glitches our bugs. The ground kinda gets crappy looking when I'm running and looking downwards, pother then that no complaints. I'm nervous to download any patches cuz don't wanna.fix something that ain't broke.
    Same here for the most part. I've had a couple cases where objects will blend together. Also, when fighting my first giant, I was only able to beat him because I had him chasing me up a mountainside and he somehow fell halfway into the ground and got stuck, so I just blasted him in the face with arrows.

I also found a glitch in Whiterun where if you back into this certain corner outside a house, you fall into the ground and can mole around, but you can jump out pretty easily.

And I've had one case where I saw a dragon but he just flew away. He was way off in the distance though and I'm not sure he even "saw" me, so I don't think I'd really consider that a bug.

I'm just getting into fighting the Ancient Dragons now. Gottamn, those things are a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think some dragons are quest related and can be seen flying found their lair, and won't kos unless you go to them, while others beyond your level won't attack. I have reached blood dragons, they always, make me deplete damn near all my healing potions

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragons are super-easy to take out with either firebolt or ice e. Especially after you get your smithing and enchanting up to 100 and then make dragon armor with all sorts of enchantments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dragons are super-easy to take out with either firebolt or ice e. Especially after you get your smithing and enchanting up to 100 and then make dragon armor with all sorts of enchantments.
    I honestly didn't have much trouble with the Dragons until I started fighting the Ancients. My firebolt / ice e barely does anything to them, and I'm only able to get a few of those off before I get blasted by their dragon breath and have to start spending all my mana healing. Plus they are quick, and if they get anywhere near you, they'll chomp you in one bite.

I need to start using more hide & seek tactics when I go up against them, because facing them head on like the other dragons isn't working out too well. And I'm still working on building my enchanting and smithing right now, both are at about level 70-80 but I'm waiting to max them out before I spend my grand gems making a good set of armor.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I dl'd 1.3 the other day just so I could install. I was nervous too cause I didnt have any problem without the patch. I poked around the web and thw general consenus seemed to be that it was fine to install. I did and no issues thus far. It doesnt really fix besides the install to hd issue and the 1.2 bugs, but yeah, no problems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly didn't have much trouble with the Dragons until I started fighting the Ancients. My firebolt / ice e barely does anything to them, and I'm only able to get a few of those off before I get blasted by their dragon breath and have to start spending all my mana healing. Plus they are quick, and if they get anywhere near you, they'll chomp you in one bite.

I need to start using more hide & seek tactics when I go up against them, because facing them head on like the other dragons isn't working out too well. And I'm still working on building my enchanting and smithing right now, both are at about level 70-80 but I'm waiting to max them out before I spend my grand gems making a good set of armor.
    Duck into and out of cover. I never had problems with ancients even when my character's level was in the 30s. Of course if you use ice e against an ice-breathing dragon it won't do anything. Have you used the destruction perks for fire and ice? Once you do firebolt and ice e are killer spells; my character is level 74 and runs through practically every enemy in the game with those two spells.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey a dragon just randomly died in front of me and I got its soul.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tbh i gave this a try the other day and thought it was kinda boring. See enemy, press same button over and over to kill him. Although I've only gotten to the part where you escape the cave thing, so in other words not very far.

Does the game get any better or should i contemplate putting a swift end to my existence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh i gave this a try the other day and thought it was kinda boring. See enemy, press same button over and over to kill him. Although I've only gotten to the part where you escape the cave thing, so in other words not very far.

Does the game get any better or should i contemplate putting a swift end to my existence?
    Try playing in 3rd person I hate playing in first person makes the game that much more fun to me but you probably won't like it regardless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't like pressing buttons and killing , not sure why you have an XBox or PS3 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duck into and out of cover. I never had problems with ancients even when my character's level was in the 30s. Of course if you use ice e against an ice-breathing dragon it won't do anything. Have you used the destruction perks for fire and ice? Once you do firebolt and ice e are killer spells; my character is level 74 and runs through practically every enemy in the game with those two spells.
    I've spent 1 Perk each on Augmented Frost and Augmented Flames, guess its time to upgrade them again. My Firebolt has been my go-to weapon recently (kills most humanoids in one or two blasts), but using my Ice e on a fire-breathing Ancient still seemed to leave something to be desired. Gonna have to go Turtle Turtle on his ass, I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I could see how it might get boring if you are just a hack'n'slash kind of character, but honestly, I've been surprised how many times I've changed my offensive tactics. Through 30 levels, I've gone from using 1-handed weapon and shield, to 1-handed+destruction spells, to using a bow+restoration spells, to conjured weapons + restoration spells, and now to dual-casting destruction. Seems like there are lots of way to kill things tbh....but yes, you will still have to press buttons to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you said Destruction damage doesn't really max out very high and it wasn't worth perking out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you said Destruction damage doesn't really max out very high and it wasn't worth perking out?
    Not the whole tree, but getting the fire and frost upgraded twice is worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've spent 1 Perk each on Augmented Frost and Augmented Flames, guess its time to upgrade them again. My Firebolt has been my go-to weapon recently (kills most humanoids in one or two blasts), but using my Ice e on a fire-breathing Ancient still seemed to leave something to be desired. Gonna have to go Turtle Turtle on his ass, I guess.
    Using firebolt is useful at high levels since it takes little magicka and always stuns the thing you're trying to kill for a second or two. It's incredibly useful against necromancers and draugr deathlords who can deal a lot of damage against you when you fight them with other tactics (of course stealth with a bow works best against them when you can do it).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Lydia ever die?

That has tanked dragon breath, and taken like 15 arrows at once to the platemail boob area, and all she does is complain and whine but she never dies.

I decided to reward her by tempering her sword to flawless. Now she's even more ruthless than ever before.

Are all companions in the game this ing strong?
    For a while I've pretty much only been using her to tow around my Dragon Scales and Bones, leaving her behind on the fun stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Lydia ever die?

That has tanked dragon breath, and taken like 15 arrows at once to the platemail boob area, and all she does is complain and whine but she never dies.

I decided to reward her by tempering her sword to flawless. Now she's even more ruthless than ever before.

Are all companions in the game this ing strong?
    For a while I've pretty much only been using her to tow around my Dragon Scales and Bones, leaving her behind on the fun stuff.
    You're lucky if she hasn't died yet.. she can die easily with me..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you don't like pressing buttons and killing , not sure why you have an XBox or PS3 tbh.

tbh i just want more creativity. just walking up to an enemy and hacking away at the same button over and over isn't much fun imho

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I could see how it might get boring if you are just a hack'n'slash kind of character, but honestly, I've been surprised how many times I've changed my offensive tactics. Through 30 levels, I've gone from using 1-handed weapon and shield, to 1-handed+destruction spells, to using a bow+restoration spells, to conjured weapons + restoration spells, and now to dual-casting destruction. Seems like there are lots of way to kill things tbh....but yes, you will still have to press buttons to do it.
    i guess i just need to play it a little more to figure this kind of stuff out imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Using firebolt is useful at high levels since it takes little magicka and always stuns the thing you're trying to kill for a second or two. It's incredibly useful against necromancers and draugr deathlords who can deal a lot of damage against you when you fight them with other tactics (of course stealth with a bow works best against them when you can do it).
    Oops, I forgot to mention dual-casting firebolt and ice is useful at high levels. They're pretty ty single-casting.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using a staff of firebolt while casting firebolt from the other hand is also badass...the staff gains your perk benefits so it is potentially stronger than an initial firebolt. works with any other staff/spell combo that share the same school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any tips on how to get good at destruction? I started again and have only got the ty spells like flames and i'm getting dominated by the higher level enemies.

Thread Information