Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any tips on how to get good at destruction? I started again and have only got the ty spells like flames and i'm getting dominated by the higher level enemies.
    I switched to destruction after one-handed got to easy/boring, luckily I already had 100 enchanting/smithing/alchemy/light armor, so most enemies couldn't do me much harm, but the battles took FOREVER for a while.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any tips on how to get good at destruction? I started again and have only got the ty spells like flames and i'm getting dominated by the higher level enemies.

pair it with alteration and restoration. duel cast whatever destruction spell would be most effective for that certain enemy.

frost for melee, shock for mages and fire for everything else (unless its fire resistant). make sure you have a follower to keep the enemies occupied while you blast them. you could also put perks in conjuration to have an atronauch with you as well. if you cant get away from an enemy hold up a ward and use the other hand to cast.

up your enchanting and put some badass enchants on plain clothes and pair that with mage armor from alteration (thats what i do, anyway)

do the mages college early on as well. the benefits/gear/spells is worth it. the dark brotherhood also has decent mages gear.

right now im making my own vampire kit lol...dark elf, vampirism, some alteration and restoration, necromancy, illusion, sneak, enchanting and alchemy. i wonder how itll pan out.
    Last edited by The Reckoning; 01-22-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't remember which stone you select, but one of them makes magic skills increase 20% faster. The best way is to get enchanting up to 100 and then put effects on your armor that up your total magicka, increase magicka when you level-up, and use both Augmented Flame and both Augmented Frost perks. Then dual-cast firebolt stuns the enemy on every hit and you can generally kill everything without getting hit once as long as you're fighting one enemy at a time and don't run out of magicka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I killed the Silver Hand leader really early on in the game, so now I can't kill him and progress any farther through the Companions' Questline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I hate RPG's but I can't stop playing this game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the best trailer ever in video games btw incase you guys havent seen it but probably have but haven't just incase but you probably have imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I need to beat FF7 and get back to playing this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sephiroth dies and you win now get back to skyrim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I replayed that game recently and it still holds up. I still got my black label copy too chea.

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Fernando TD21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finally bought the game. But I wonder if mages are better than "regular warriors" in skyrim? I like using swords/bows so I made a nord warrior (level 18). I was in college winterhold and a blood dragon shows up. I kept getting killed so I had to wait until a group of mages came outside the builiding and killed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warriors are infinitely better to play as far as power goes. just make sure to level up your blacksmithing and keep upgrading your armor/weapons. enchanting works as well.

i use the mage for hire in the bee and the barb at riften for a companion. freaking OP with my warrior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don't try to be a mage and a warrior at once; I imagine the game would end up getting pretty hard if you're upgrading both magicka and stamina, and without using perks and upping stamina the one and two-handed weapons are awful even if they're deadric .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don't try to be a mage and a warrior at once; I imagine the game would end up getting pretty hard if you're upgrading both magicka and stamina, and without using perks and upping stamina the one and two-handed weapons are awful even if they're deadric .
    I'm both, I upgrade everything and so far I wouldn't say it's THAT hard... it's rather enjoyable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I guess its possible if you dont max out any other abilities. I'm maxing out heavy armor -- enchantment -- two handed -- smithing.
    Last edited by BlackSwordsMan; 01-25-2012 at 05:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I guess its possible if you dont max out any other abilities. I'm maxing out heavy armor -- enchantment -- two handed -- smithing.
    I've maxed smithing, and I think that's about it haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conjuration and Speech are actually easier to max out than smithing even. Conjuration just keep soul trapping a dead body (animal, person, doesn't matter) and speech you just keep persuading the guy at the counter of the Black-Briar Meadery in Riften.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far morrowind seems like that its land mass is greater than Skyrim's. But Skyrim is definitely more dense. My world map looks like a total cluster with location icons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far morrowind seems like that its land mass is greater than Skyrim's. But Skyrim is definitely more dense. My world map looks like a total cluster with location icons
    Morrowind had no fast travel, right? That would really blow in Oblivion or Skyrim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fastest path to level that ive done so far is head directly to the thieves guild at level one. pick pocket everyone in town to max out pick pocketing and then use all the gold you make at the guild to train other skills....lol i can stealth and steal someones armor and weapon before they even attack me...as an imperial its not even fair because you can run all the way through a dungeon and then use voice of the emperor to calm everyone...then stealth and pick pocket what you're after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the pickpocket perks get all your money back from the trainers at high levels? I think I only got 1/5 on the root of the pickpocket tree and the perk for making gold 50% easier to steal, and I could never pickpocket more than 1500 gold. If I used armor, rings, etc enchanted with pickpocket bonuses, my chance to steal would drop from like 20% to 0% when it was a decent amount of gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah i think when the merchant has over 1500g its automatically 0% chance. i was able to pick pocket the blade of woe and use it while doing the dark brotherhood quests lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morrowind had no fast travel, right? That would really blow in Oblivion or Skyrim.
    Nope. You had teleportation in a circle around the island via the orc strongholds, giant bugs that would transport you to adjacent cities, the mage guild would teleport you to other mages guilds, other than that it was all running.

Which really wasn't too too bad when your acrobatics and athleticism were god-levels, along with a few levitation potions, you could get around easily enough.

But the actual land area just seems so much bigger to me in Morrowind. I have been cutting back on fast travelling in skyrim and was blown away how quickly I was able to run from Whiterun to Markarth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fastest path to level that ive done so far is head directly to the thieves guild at level one. pick pocket everyone in town to max out pick pocketing and then use all the gold you make at the guild to train other skills....lol i can stealth and steal someones armor and weapon before they even attack me...as an imperial its not even fair because you can run all the way through a dungeon and then use voice of the emperor to calm everyone...then stealth and pick pocket what you're after.
    Started up a stealth kajiit and no doubt, the stealth skills are easy to level up.

Sneak just skyrockets sometimes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it did. i remember those huge flying things you had to use

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been cutting back on fast travelling in skyrim and was blown away how quickly I was able to run from Whiterun to Markarth.
    Really? I thought it took forever to get to Riften to join the Thieves Guild at the beginning of the game.

Started up a stealth kajiit and no doubt, the stealth skills are easy to level up.

Sneak just skyrockets sometimes
    Sneak is extremely fast to level up with stealth bow attacks.

Thread Information