Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    So that just makes the graphics better and smoother?
    Pretty much. It's still the same game as far as mechanics goes.

On the XBox regarding the Kinect update, I've tried it and it's handy as !

Here's the pdf detailing commands.

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/akqacm...e-commands.pdf

From your favorites, you can hotkey any item with you voice. That means during combat you don't have to manually change items. Pretty awesome so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool. I may download it now.

That mod for quick starting a character in Skyrim is awesome, wish there was a quick way to start new characters for xbox

Believe.
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Don't forget to enable kinect in your game settings after you download the update.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally finding time to play this game more.

Got a bunch of mods running through Nexus Mod Manager, makes the game look even better.

High elf storm mage... pretty fun... can be really difficult when there are a mul ude of targets unless my raise dead shout is up, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinect commands are ok, but the left/right hot key s are stilquicker than saying "equip right sword".

And the Kinectaccidentally picks up false commands from the in-game voice overs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put in some hours but I just bought ME3 and haven't touched Skyrim since.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put in some hours but I just bought ME3 and haven't touched Skyrim since.
    just bought ME3? My condolences

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Believe.
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Kinect commands are ok, but the left/right hot key s are stilquicker than saying "equip right sword".

And the Kinectaccidentally picks up false commands from the in-game voice overs

Yeah there are both good and bads about it. My favorite part about the kinect feature is sorting. If you need to drop carrying weight say "sort by weight" in the item menu and it shows you which items are heaviest.

Same if you're talking to a merchant. "Sort by price"

It's also nice for shouts. You don't have to pan through the shout menu to choose a specific one. You just say it. But you do have to time it right and there's a chance it might not pick it up. That's annoying.

It's also badass if you use armor spells, so you don't have to choose out of favorites every single damn time you get in a fight. "Equip dual armor spell" then "Equip dual fire spell" and you're good to go. Sucks that there's only two hot keys, so I guess the kinect feature makes up for that. PC completely wins in that department. crofl PS3.

Idk, maybe it's my accent or what, but the game cannot pick up "Equip bow" to save my life, so I still use the favorites menu alot. If it's just equipping a sword or something then I'll use the menu, but it's convenient if you have a sword and shield in your favorites, say "Equip sword and shield" and it will take both of them out.

By far the most practical part about it though is "Quick Save." Just say that and it saves your game without any down time. That's really handy. Saying a hold's name while in the map is also nice so you don't have to pan to it.

But I agree, it picks up background noise to a fault. Can't play music, can't have the game too loud, can't even have the AC too loud or kinect will start doing all sorts of weird .
    Last edited by IWantsACuatro; 05-13-2012 at 05:57 PM.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
    just remember when you're done and know that someone else felt your pain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I do like the fact that Skyrim doesn't have a definative ending and makes it seem like the game doesnt really 'end' until you complete everything ie: all the achievements, different character paths, etc. It makes the replay value so much better.
    Last edited by IWantsACuatro; 05-14-2012 at 07:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want to play Skyrim, but I'm really scared about the dedication I'll need. Is it the kind of game I can play a couple hours every couple of weeks and not be lost when I get back to it?

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want to play Skyrim, but I'm really scared about the dedication I'll need. Is it the kind of game I can play a couple hours every couple of weeks and not be lost when I get back to it?
    I think so. I was playing heavily and recently past 2 weeks stopped. picked it up again couple of days ago and no problem.

actually this game you need to take some breaks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the PS3 version ever get unbricked? Or is the 360 version the way to go regardless?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got it on PS3 and it seems to run fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish they'd offer dlc for a quick game start. Kinda a drag when going through the intro scene every time I Sstart a new character.

On the other hand, I finally figured out why general Tullius' voice is so damn familiar. The voice actor is the old guy who plays Col. Tigh from battlestar galactica

Believe.
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I wish they'd offer dlc for a quick game start. Kinda a drag when going through the intro scene every time I Sstart a new character.

It should autosave when you start a new character right before going to the block. I keep it as an extra save file and load it every time I start a new character.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

On the other hand, I finally figured out why general Tullius' voice is so damn familiar. The voice actor is the old guy who plays Col. Tigh from battlestar galactica
    The whole escape from Helgen is awful, and I can't believe that's how they started the game. That first 30-45 minutes of gameplay all I could think was how this game seems to really suck and isn't anywhere close to Oblivion. Then as soon as I got out of there the game became legendary.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there is something kinda lame when I find myself forced to use two handed weapons, and light armor just to continue leveling.

theres ways around it if you have a one-handed character. idk if bethesda did this on purpose, but theres the ebony blade that uses one-handed perks and enchanted items but boosts your two-handed skill.
    essentially, you use the same gear as you usually wear but equip the ebony blade and your two-handed skill will skyrocket. theres other similar items but thats the one off the top of my head.

and yeah the intro is way too drawn out, and the game doesnt get awesome until you put atleast a good 2-4 hours in it. it should have jumped straight into the world with something to work with because the freedom is what makes the game so great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the intro scene is awesome the first time. There's nothing wrong with it other than there being no way to avoid it or fast forward it if you want to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't ing believe nightingale is leveled.

So this stuff will be basically worthless in like ten levels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't ing believe nightingale is leveled.

So this stuff will be basically worthless in like ten levels

stop being lazy dah. just max out your light armor perks, blacksmithing and enchanting. enchant an entire set of blacksmithing skill gear and drink a blacksmithing draught. youll be able to reach the armor cap crafting any set of light armor, even hide.

then use your duel enchant perk to stack skill boosts and magic resistance. its First Blood all over.

unique items and gear are all useless in the long run. crafted gear is a win.

you can also put 5 points into alchemist perk and make your own blacksmith potions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lot of work

I don't want God gear, and the nightingale armor looks sweet
    Its just lame the stuff is leveled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the expansion pack Dawnguard comes out as early as late june. ive already applied to get the beta. sorry PC and ps3 owners...its coming out on xbox two weeks prior to the other systems...and yes its dlc.

here's the trailer

below is a link to an article detailing what type of content might be in the expansion...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/06/da...rmoured-troll/

im excited to make a van helsing type character tbh

Thread Information