Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...only because it highlights a practice in which this President has engaged, repeatedly. It's almost as if they are unable to find real people to fit the sad stories they wish to weave into their narrative.

Tale of Hub teacher’s job struggle stretches truth

It is technically true that Obama had a chance to meet Baroz. But the closest Baroz actually got to Obama was the front row of a Rose Garden press conference. . . .

Baroz has in fact received three pink slips in four years, but in each case, his job was saved, either through stimulus funds or the 2010 Congressional Jobs Bill. He now works as a literacy and data coach at the Curley K-8 School in Jamaica Plain, analyzing MCAS data and applying it to teachers' everyday lessons.
    So Obama didn't meet Baroz, Baroz didn't get fired, and he's a "literacy and data coach," which seems to be something other than a teacher. But he approves of the story Obama spun:

Baroz . . . doesn't mind if the president--or his speechwriters--took some liberties with the facts. It was all in aid of a higher truth, he said.

"People who want to fuss over the word choice are missing the point. It's about our investing in education and in communities," Baroz said. "It was technically correct; yes, I did lose my position three times within four years in the Boston Public Schools. To me, the question he posed to the people was a rhetorical question. The emphasis was on 'like Robert.' It's people who are like me, highly qualified, and are not working. That's the spirit of it."
    Which begs the question, where are the teachers "like Robert," and why didn't Obama use one of them as an example? Is he just lazy or do they not exist?

Also, the question he posed was "Why wouldn't we want to pass a bill that puts somebody like Robert back in the classroom teaching our kids?" Rhetorical or not, I'd answer it as follows: Because it would be better to have somebody in the classroom who teaches your kids that lying is wrong.

I want to say I remember Obama doing this during the Obamacare debate but, I can't recall enough about the incident to find the story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .... While giving birth to a dingo.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .... While giving birth to a dingo.
    There should be a contest.

You do know, if you mouse over the le of the thread, it will show the first few lines of the post inside?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... because I'm fixated with Barry

They hate us - but they want to be us!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this story the other day, and wasn't surprised when it got very little attention. Barry is a liar - it's as if he doesn't know that people will check into his stories. But many of them do this - Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Joe Biden... standard operating procedure for libs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like you copy and paste this from forum to forum all day long...

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... like a good little soldier, because I don't think for myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    standard operating procedure for libs.
    Dem republicans are so honest. Gawd bles dere harts.

Thread Information