Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...the Republicans in opposing his and Barry's second term.

Biden Says Absolutely The GOP Can Beat Obama And Me

It’s not a united Republican party . . . Absolutely, it’s strong enough to beat both of us. No matter what the cir stance, at the end of the day, the American people right now, many of them are in trouble, an even larger percentage have stagnant wages and a significant majority of the American people believe the country’s not moving in the right direction. That is never a good place to be going into a reelection . . . They’re going to have to choose whether or not the path we have set the country on is the path we should go or whether we should go back to liberating the economy in the terms of . . .[voice trails off]
    I bet this shows up in a few Republican ads next year...

But, as for me, no thanks; stay with the Democrats, Joe. You're too big a liability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . . . mentally re ed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More from slow Joe... same interview:

Interviewed by David Gregory at Thursday's Washington Ideas Forum, Biden said the main obstacle to moving the economy forward is a fractured Republican Party that its congressional leadership is unable to control.

"I think [President Obama] does have a partner in the bulk of the leadership but they are seriously hamstsrung," Biden said. During the debt-ceiling negotiations, he said, "we had a much bigger proposal I was personally negotiating with them as to how to deal with the debt crisis and they could not sell it."

Biden said House Majority Leader Eric Cantor would deny this account because he was obligated to. "This is just Joe Biden's impression, but I truly believe if just Eric Cantor, Joe Biden, Barack Obama and John Boehner were allowed to settle the deal in the room we would have had a deal."

But the GOP has changed, he said. "My view is that their party is not the Republican Party that we all know. ... In my view, we need a strong Republican Party. We need a Republican Party that's united."

Thus, he said, "Part of what this is about is going over the heads of the Congress to the people, to their cons uents, and make the case."

Biden likened the Occupy Wall Street protest to the tea party, saying both stemmed from the sentiment that corporations were being favored over the middle class.

"What is the core of that protest and why is it increasing? The core is that the bargain has been breached with the American people. The core is that the American people do not think the system is fair or on the level," Biden said.

The tea party began protesting government bailouts for the same reason, he said.

"Look, guys, the bargain is not on the level any more in the minds of the American people. The middle class is getting screwed."

Biden harshly criticized Bank of America's move to charge debit-card users a $5 monthly fee, saying it wasn't justified after the middle class bailed banks out with their tax dollars.

"At a minimum, they are incredibly tone deaf," Biden said. "And at a maximum, they are not paying their fair share of the bargain here, and middle-class people are getting killed."

The bank argues that it is only responding to new government regulations, Gregory said. Biden likened that to a teenager, forbidden to drive his parents' car, who responds, "OK, so now I've got to steal a car. I've got to get around somehow!"

Obama's declining approval ratings are a function of people's economic anxiety, Biden said.

"If you look at all the polls ... a clear majority of the American people blame their financial straits on the last administration. They understand what got us in this trouble," he said. "So they get it. But we're in charge, so they're looking to us to fix it, and they're frustrated and I don't blame them."

Despite all this, Biden predicted that the Obama-Biden ticket will prevail in next year's election.

"I think we win," he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disclaimer: not a fan of Joe.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess Yoni's working weekends these days.

Thread Information