Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What a so-so season. It picked up at the end but no way in is Brody dead. Javadi rigged it. Plus he has to be alive as incentive for Saul to come back. I mean Saul will get bored sipping tails in the Mediterranean and you know Senator Lockhart is going to things up. Saul to the rescue.
    Part of me wants to believe that Brody is still out there somewhere. Was this all a master plan of Saul's too?

I feel so bad for Carrie, she's an emotional mess, with a baby about to be born.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lBrody has to be alive. You can't kill off one of the major stars and expect the show to succeed. Quinn, on the other hand, is probably going to get knocked off at some point. And I like him, too. He's shady but suspect.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lBrody has to be alive. You can't kill off one of the major stars and expect the show to succeed. Quinn, on the other hand, is probably going to get knocked off at some point. And I like him, too. He's shady but suspect.
    I thought Carrie was the star of the show? I like Quinn, just don't trust him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought Carrie was the star of the show? I like Quinn, just don't trust him.
    Hah! It's Carrie AND Brody. Since the beginning Brody's the guy who's always being used, first by Nazir, then Carrie and Saul, now it's Javadi's turn.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Brody is dead.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah he dead.

The guy in charge said he was dead for sure and at this point why shoudl he come back? There is absolutely nothing for him to do anymore.

This series is running on empty. I will be shocked if this piece of show gets a season 5 ordered.

Next season's outlook doesn't sound all that great. Rehash.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    They also confirmed Brody's family will not be back. I enjoyed this season, personally, and look forward to another. I think it's good they are shedding the constant Carrie/Brody storyline.

Name
    Bruno
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hah! It's Carrie AND Brody. Since the beginning Brody's the guy who's always being used, first by Nazir, then Carrie and Saul, now it's Javadi's turn.
    Brody and Saul are gone.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Brody is gone ...His wife and that dumb ass daughter will not be back next year. Saul will be back but
    with Carrie as the new Istanbul station chief, next seasons show will probably revolve around her again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Might as well just have ended the series... Brody was always the engine behind the show even though he wasn't in every episode

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    They also confirmed Brody's family will not be back. I enjoyed this season, personally, and look forward to another. I think it's good they are shedding the constant Carrie/Brody storyline.
    Hmm, I read that Dana and mom were confirmed as "guest stars"

Probably just for closure at the beginning of the season, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    You guys are all insane ('cept leemajors). Brody. I'm glad he's dead. All he did was make Carrie crazy and repeatedly get the show into ridiculous situations.

They have a real opportunity to make this series realistic again...

As for the finale, I liked it. No real cliffhangers, a real moment with Carrie at the end (I'm just sad ), and Saul making $$$ on the private side (I Expect him to stay involved as a contractor)

Now this show can become about what it should be about... The covert, "soft" war in the middle east. I really think they should solidify some White House people as main characters (DHS, DNI, COS e.g.) and make sure that Carrie takes Quinn to Istanbul. (But please get rid of that stupid baby)

Oh, and Javadi is a badass character. Lot's of potential there, as well

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought this season was an improvement over last, particularly when they got away from Brody's family. Fine with him dying... There was no more story to tell with him.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was never attached to Brody. His character was non-redeemable, and not just because of his reputation. I felt the entire tryst was in poor taste. You take a CIA agent who's already mentally ed and you put her in charge of a covert, off the books surveillance op and she s the mark. That doesn't make sense to me. How the is anyone supposed to take her character seriously? I like Clare Danes, but they could replace her and Brody and have the same show as long as the surrounding characters are there. Like "Fringe" the old guy makes the show, and for me that's Saul.

They ran the family thing into the ground with Brody's wife. At first it was very interesting because of his ordeal and how they interacted with each other, then with the concept of watching them overcome that mind Brody was subjected to, that was better television than the inter family squabbles and that drama daughter who cannot even kill herself right.

Not sure where they go from here, but they should stay away from her ing her marks again. I think they look back on that many times next season. Not sure how much Lewis will be involved, halfway expected to see him at the end as if the hanging was staged, but there was no reason for it.

All in all, the series left a lot of plot holes and used deux ex machina a couple of times unnecessarily. I thought Saul had some underlying issues he might be double agenting for when the bomb went off, but nope some nobody did it out of nowhere.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Might as well just have ended the series... Brody was always the engine behind the show even though he wasn't in every episode
    They won't do that. They'll milk this cow until it's dust and cancel it abruptly due to actor/writer disagreement and contract disputes.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They won't do that. They'll milk this cow until it's dust and cancel it abruptly due to actor/writer disagreement and contract disputes.
    This show is dead in the water imo.

Tons of what made this show interesting is now gone along with half the actors.

Danes is the only one who remains. She's good but she wont carry a show like this on her own. Specially when her character is so unstable.

They will try to milk it but it will fail because all that they set out to do they did. They're now going with the flow and making up as they go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Brody and his family took the story about as far as they could but its time to move on
    to new characters to keep the show going. With careful killing off the leads like
    The Living Dead the show can stay fresh and have a long life. Carrie and Saul are the
    show leads and I expect they will stay on the show for a long time.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    This past season was on par with the 2nd half of the 2nd season of Heroes or this past season of True Blood. Pure .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Home land spent far too much time this season with Brodys idiot daughter.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show also tricked people into watching this season and in the end came home empty.

Last season they had Brody be a fugitive and letting the US government on a hunt. They barely touched on that this season.

And even when Brody came into the picture it was like he was an unknown.

They screwed up his storyline to .

This show will tank in the ratings next year. Guaranteed.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    What is with Showtime lately? Ray Donovan was paired with Dexter and it had a far better first season than this last season of Dexter. I'm not a fan of Masters of Sex but I've seent a few episodes and they were better than this season of Homeland. It's like Showtime pairs a good show with a show that used to be good but has went to .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This show is dead in the water imo.

Tons of what made this show interesting is now gone along with half the actors.

Danes is the only one who remains. She's good but she wont carry a show like this on her own. Specially when her character is so unstable.

They will try to milk it but it will fail because all that they set out to do they did. They're now going with the flow and making up as they go.
    Clare is the "they". She's the show's producer. She already has something with CIA badass (who I like much better than Brody tbh), Saul wants back in (F Murray said so, great actor tbh) and there's got to be something she can do next season. I see her baby being born already, and it being played in flashbacks throughout the series as the story unfolds. I don't see her being a station chief, she's a field agent, not interesting otherwise.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What is with Showtime lately? Ray Donovan was paired with Dexter and it had a far better first season than this last season of Dexter. I'm not a fan of Masters of Sex but I've seent a few episodes and they were better than this season of Homeland. It's like Showtime pairs a good show with a show that used to be good but has went to .
    I have no idea, I watch everything On Demand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Dana Brody and Carrie Matheson are so stubborn annoying in the entire series many times I found myself that wanting to throw my remote at them ...... literally.

No one has ever called out Carrie for putting Brody's interests over the Agency. ing wanted to sabotage a whole operation just to be able to prove that Nick Brody wasn't guilty of placing the car bomb in the CIA.

As for Dana Brody, I know teenage girls could be pretty tough to handle, but I would smack a stubborn teen like that through a wall.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Brody’s death was inevitable. You may remember that show runners have publicly acknowledged that he had to die at some point. There were several memorable scenes, but the two that stood out most to us was Carrie and Brody’s final peaceful discussion in the safe house and the goodbye between Carrie and Saul at the CIA. She lost her two men.

Should have been a Series Finales imo.
    Last edited by Spur|n|Austin; 01-03-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Thread Information