Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pussification of America. "Oh I've been hit by a belt in the butt because I keep on disobeying them over and over...I'll go complain since this is child abuse."

...And then people are going to complain about the youth today being so disrespectful and not having any values.
    Bull .

People have been ing about that since the time of Plato and before.

The best studies and scientific evidence we have says that you don't really truly need to do any spanking, all you need to do is set limits, and clear rules that are consistantly and fairly enforced.

It isn't rocket science.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CryBaby would've never made it a day at that gym i used to frequent... his little pussy would've been bleeding day one.

oh no, a belt! ... a belt was the least of my concerns growing up in a 1 parent household but guess what, my mother is awesome and i love telling the stories about how she used to kick my ass as a kid. a belt? ... try a phone over the head, heals and keys thrown at you, and laughing while she spanked my brother and i with our toys but she got smart quick and made of cringe from time to time.

pussy ass kids these days and even bigger pussies like CryBaby are ruining society.
    What ruins societies is when they chose irrational beliefs in the face of scientific/real world evidence.

I would take what works over some one elses feel-good rants any day.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Bull .

The best studies and scientific evidence we have says that you don't really truly need to do any spanking, all you need to do is set limits, and clear rules that are consistantly and fairly enforced.

It isn't rocket science.
    Then how come children here in America are so en led, talks back to their mothers, fights with their fathers, disobeys authority and does not give a about other people's properties compared to kids in discipline through spanking cultures like in Asian countries and Mexico...or not even countries, let's compare to older times where parents can still spank their children and not get in trouble with Child Protection Services?

Again, a few whips of a belt in the butt will not kill a 10 yr old child and it will instill discipline.
    The problem with this video is she is already 16 and maybe a punishment of setting limits instead of spanking will work for her age now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bull .

It isn't rocket science.
    You're right, this isn't rocket science. What you said (bolded) was hardly groundbreaking stuff. The real discussion involves how these limits and "clear rules" should be enforced.

You can treat children like intelligent, sophisticated adults, but what happens when your 9 year old tells you to off and throws hot spaghetti sauce on his mom? Do you sit him down and tell him how mean and disrespectful that is? The kid already knows it was mean and disrespectful, that's why he did it.

Grab a belt and give that little bas the beating of his life and all the sudden the clear rules and limits you've set will start to make sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DMC with some impressive work in this thread. He's got me thinking about taking a belt to someone here at work just to make them a better person.

My take on the whole thing has more to do with the fact that it's a girl getting the ass beating. The majority of boys need beatings until they're about 25 years old if they're going to be productive members of society. At some point you stop getting those beating from your parents and start getting them from random strangers when you run your mouth or say the wrong to someone at a bar. Whether at 10 years old or 30 years old, sooner or later you'll learn to act right as a means to avoid violent ass-beatings.

Girls are different. When it comes to girls, your main goal as a father is to keep the number of blowjobs she deals out to single digits. I can't even imagine spanking a 16 year old girl. You can't expect her to act like an adult when you're still giving out spankings. The older the children are, the harder you gotta whip dat ass because their pain threshold is much higher than when they were 9. So if you really want to get through to a 16 year old, you got to get violent on that . And getting that way with a 16 year old girl doesn't seem healthy for anyone. This isn't even taking into account the fact that she's going to spend the next 10 years choking on every wiener she can get her hands on just to spite you.

Now keep in mind, I don't have any children. But you can rest assured that when I do have children they will fear me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if she just listened to him, this video would've been about 10 seconds long. meh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're right, this isn't rocket science. What you said (bolded) was hardly groundbreaking stuff. The real discussion involves how these limits and "clear rules" should be enforced.

You can treat children like intelligent, sophisticated adults, but what happens when your 9 year old tells you to off and throws hot spaghetti sauce on his mom? Do you sit him down and tell him how mean and disrespectful that is? The kid already knows it was mean and disrespectful, that's why he did it.

Grab a belt and give that little bas the beating of his life and all the sudden the clear rules and limits you've set will start to make sense.
    Exactly. I'm a very liberal guy, but not in the household or with raising children in todays horrible society with the horrible influences out there. If a whoopin is in order, the whoopin will happen. I don't ever have to spank my kid anymore, but I will and have in the past. She's respectful enough because she knows I'll lay the smack down if she gets out of line like these horrible brats running this country, and we have conversations and talk about values, etc. We have a loving relationship, any spanking she ever got never changed that.

But I'll tell you what, not my kid, but there are kids who won't listen to a simple time out, or a "go to your room". I say it's time to get to whoopin in those cases.

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Exactly. I'm a very liberal guy, but not in the household or with raising children in todays horrible society with the horrible influences out there. If a whoopin is in order, the whoopin will happen. I don't ever have to spank my kid anymore, but I will and have in the past. She's respectful enough because she knows I'll lay the smack down if she gets out of line like these horrible brats running this country, and we have conversations and talk about values, etc. We have a loving relationship, any spanking she ever got never changed that.

But I'll tell you what, not my kid, but there are kids who won't listen to a simple time out, or a "go to your room". I say it's time to get to whoopin in those cases.

now this is child abuse....

SAN ANTONIO -- An East Side mother is accused of taking out her anger on her 3-year-old daughter, leaving her with internal injuries, an arrest affidavit stated.
    According to the affidavit, a relative told police that Jennifer Alfaro 24, punched the child in the stomach, causing a severed colon and related infection.
    Doctors discovered the injuries Tuesday when Alesha Alfaro was taken to University Hospital, where she was being treated in the Intensive Care Unit.
    The affidavit stated Alfaro at first told hospital workers that her daughter was injured when a dresser fell on her.
    But a relative disputed the story, saying Alfaro had confessed to her that she punched the girl after she became irate during a fight with her husband on Monday, the affidavit stated.
    Alfaro was arrested on a charge of assault causing serious bodily injury to a child. Alfaro was being held on a $100,000 bond, the affidavit stated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

now this is child abuse....

SAN ANTONIO -- An East Side mother is accused of taking out her anger on her 3-year-old daughter, leaving her with internal injuries, an arrest affidavit stated.
    According to the affidavit, a relative told police that Jennifer Alfaro 24, punched the child in the stomach, causing a severed colon and related infection.
    Doctors discovered the injuries Tuesday when Alesha Alfaro was taken to University Hospital, where she was being treated in the Intensive Care Unit.
    The affidavit stated Alfaro at first told hospital workers that her daughter was injured when a dresser fell on her.
    But a relative disputed the story, saying Alfaro had confessed to her that she punched the girl after she became irate during a fight with her husband on Monday, the affidavit stated.
    Alfaro was arrested on a charge of assault causing serious bodily injury to a child. Alfaro was being held on a $100,000 bond, the affidavit stated.
    Exactly, now that is some sick stuff right there. As long as people make huge issues about the other story which to me isnt a huge deal AT ALL, then it takes away from real abuse like this one. That first vid, pfft. whatever. People keep complaining about soft like that, then that turns into making you look bad to even say anything to your kid, the rules will just keep changing and changing. It is pussification, it just is.

Now this story on the 3 year old, that's some abuse for you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The 3-year-old girl shouldn't have been talkin all that .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Wow DMC with a brutal ownage in this one. Cry Havoc you seriously are coming off as if you have zero personal experience with either spanking or child abuse. How can anyone truly pass judgment on this, we only know one snap shot point of view of this story from the girl. Meh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Wow DMC with a brutal ownage in this one. Cry Havoc you seriously are coming off as if you have zero personal experience with either spanking or child abuse. How can anyone truly pass judgment on this, we only know one snap shot point of view of this story from the girl. Meh
    Just wait, the highly intelligent Cry Havoc is going to wikipedia what really happened in the video.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Let's review the arguments made in this thread:

My parents did worse to me: It's this type of thinking the breeds abuse in the first place. Rather than taking the high road and teaching your kids better, you'd be content just to do the same to them because I had to deal with it , and so will your children and your children's children, thanks to you. Bad parents raise kids who grow up to be bad parents.

She didn't go the ICU, so obviously it's not abuse: So I guess we have to wait for bones to get broken before it's considered over the line? What about this video (or the various other news reports of Adams beating his wife and kid) leads you to believe that this wasn't a regular occurrence? What makes you think it was never worse than what we saw on this one particular occasion? If something possessed this girl to make and leak a video of her own father, I'd have to assume this sort of thing was happening with pretty good regularity. All we have to judge from the video are the sounds of the strikes, but from the sounds of it, those were hard enough to leave a mark. Start leaving bruises or welts on your kid, and the CPS will start to intervene, and rightfully so.

Parents used to beat their kids all the time: Yeah, we also used to be cavemen who ate rocks in our food. We used to think the world was flat, and boil criminals and heretics in hot water and oil. We used to think it was okay to send people who were different than us to concentration camps or shove them to the back of the bus. The fact that something USED to happen does not make it any less barbaric for today's society, unless you don't believe in the progression of the human race.

She got what she deserved because she didn't bend over: So making the pain more severe is the obvious response to that, right? What if whipping her legs and stomach didn't work? I guess start taking shots to the face. If that doesn't work, lose the belt and start using a fist. If that doesn't work, throw her down the stairs. That'll teach her a lesson.

Quite frankly, if you're trying to spank a child who is old enough to willfully refuse it, it's time to find a new form of punishment, not just raise the pain level and humiliation factor. And I'm not even going to get into the comments that he made while doing it, or the pleasure that he seemed to take in "laying down the law". Anyone who thinks it's normal to spank a 16-year-old, mentally disabled girl has issues.

All kids are little s because they aren't beat: No, kids are out of control because parents either don't discipline them at all, or try to medicate what would otherwise be considered regular childhood tendencies.

It's not that hard to discipline a kid without laying a finger on them. And quite frankly, that was more effective for me when I was growing up. By the time I was like 6, I realized that my parents weren't going to kill me with a spanking and it was only going to hurt for a short period of time, so it lost its effectiveness, and my parents realized that. Raising the pain level is not the proper response. Now threatening me with a month of no TV, or no friends, or no car? That set my ass straight real quick.

In my opinion, if you're too short-sighted or moronic to find a way to handle your kids without striking them, then you probably shouldn't have had kids in the first place. If you feel differently , feel free to make your case, but don't expect me to respect your opinion.

CryBaby would've never made it a day at that gym i used to frequent... his little pussy would've been bleeding day one.

oh no, a belt! ... a belt was the least of my concerns growing up in a 1 parent household but guess what, my mother is awesome and i love telling the stories about how she used to kick my ass as a kid. a belt? ... try a phone over the head, heals and keys thrown at you, and laughing while she spanked my brother and i with our toys but she got smart quick and made of cringe from time to time.

pussy ass kids these days and even bigger pussies like CryBaby are ruining society.
    This explains why you are the masochistic that you prove yourself to be here every day. Shouldn't you be somewhere picking losing battles with the Mav krew?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah i don't think it was the worst thing
    Well at least they didn't force her to listen to rap music or hip hop. That would have really ed her up.

silverblk mystix
    #1) This piece of is a Judge..someone who is trusted with deciding people's fate in a court of law... o?
    This piece of cannot even control himself and lashes out violently at a child! And he presides in a court of law and sends people to jail for what? For losing their composure and committing a crime? o....anyone home?

#2) This beating has nothing to do with the girl....this is ALL about the parents who obviously never learned how to handle emotions and control their violence. Both bag parents are only reacting to THEIR OWN IN' ANGER!!!!! They both are angry...and this anger is INSIDE of them....get it? They feel anger inside themselves and what do they do????? They assault a child to ...get this.... to TEACH her about HOW TO ACT!!!!!!
    This in itself would be hilarious ---if it wasn't so in' tragic---and if there weren't a child involved who is getting abused....and wait....just wait for this girl to get ahold of some people in HER future....guess what she will exact on her future loved ones?????
    YES.....VIOLENCE......BRILLIANT!!!!! A in elected official...a JUDGE no less....
    If there is anger inside you...Mom....Dad...get in touch with that anger first...then see if this anger says something ABOUT YOURSELF!!!!...
    Then once you have sorted out these feelings of anger...and you have come to grips with how this anger has affected you and your parenting skills...then MAYBE...AFTER...you have sorted all this out...then it MIGHT be time to DISCUSS things with your child in a productive way....

#3) This "ISSUE" was in no way a matter of disobedience....this ISSUE was about the bag Dad worried about his "reputation" because (7 years ago) the girl was possibly downloading "illegal" material...you know...songs and like most other teens were doing...(I am going to take a wild stab and guess that this bag is a righteous Texas Republican)...so the bag Dad was worried about his position in regards to his own daughter breaking the law...

Let us break this down....if you feel some negative emotion INSIDE YOURSELF...and then you take this negative emotion that is in YOU...and you decide that this emotion is the fault of SOMEONE OUTSIDE YOU-----

then you are a in' insane person....no other explanation fits....

You are carrying something inside of you....and you decide to PUNISH another for what YOU feel....get it???? YOU ARE A STUPID IN' CRAZY PSYCHO...

and you decide it is your job to attack another person because of what you are feeling....this is insanity....

These are parents who are probably highly respected in their respective..."circle" and it is their "JOB" to "RAISE" this child.....

Taken for granted in a lunatic asylum....

silverblk mystix
    oh yeah... anyone who comments on my use or lack of use of whatever your "grammar" pet peeve is....don't give a ...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First of all, we all know what a sensitive little pussy cry havoc is. This is nothing new.

The video wasn't all bad, she's a little old to be getting spankings. at 16 they need to have allowances, driving priviliges, phone time, cell phones, curfews, etc revoked. She should have been grounded, not spanked. But that's up to the parents if they dont think their 16 year old is too old for spankings. what was over the top was him using some conjugation of every other word. You want her to be respectful and obedient of you but you're gonna yell in this and in that at her while telling her you're gonna wear her ass out? That's over the top and not really getting the message across appropriately. You should be demonstrating your power over your child, but not physically, at that age anyways. She obviously wasnt "beaten" or hurt by the incident, spankings sting for a second but she was just fine at the end of the video. you want the discipline to "sting" for a while? make it long term discipline by grounding for a month, taking away the cell phone, going out, etc. That's how you hurt a teenager, not by spanking them. I think the last time i got spanked was probably around 12 after i punched my sister and i remember laughing after it was all said and done. my sis definitely got the worst of it.

silverblk mystix
    ...and to top it off...the girl had Cerebral Palsy....

uh...JUDGE....are you ready to sentence this man for ________ ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1071822.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    This happened 7 years ago? Did the daughter hang onto the tape for that long and then release it?

silverblk mystix
    This happened 7 years ago? Did the daughter hang onto the tape for that long and then release it?
    Yes.

She stated that after all this time...the abuse was getting worse....and the bag MOM has left the marriage and is alleging that she was "forced" to go along with the beatings....

didn't look like the piece of Judge was twisting the piece of Mom's arm too much in the video....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

My parents did worse to me: It's this type of thinking the breeds abuse in the first place. Rather than taking the high road and teaching your kids better, you'd be content just to do the same to them because I had to deal with it , and so will your children and your children's children, thanks to you. Bad parents raise kids who grow up to be bad parents.

She didn't go the ICU, so obviously it's not abuse: So I guess we have to wait for bones to get broken before it's considered over the line? What about this video (or the various other news reports of Adams beating his wife and kid) leads you to believe that this wasn't a regular occurrence? What makes you think it was never worse than what we saw on this one particular occasion? If something possessed this girl to make and leak a video of her own father, I'd have to assume this sort of thing was happening with pretty good regularity. All we have to judge from the video are the sounds of the strikes, but from the sounds of it, those were hard enough to leave a mark. Start leaving bruises or welts on your kid, and the CPS will start to intervene, and rightfully so.

Parents used to beat their kids all the time: Yeah, we also used to be cavemen who ate rocks in our food. We used to think the world was flat, and boil criminals and heretics in hot water and oil. We used to think it was okay to send people who were different than us to concentration camps or shove them to the back of the bus. The fact that something USED to happen does not make it any less barbaric for today's society, unless you don't believe in the progression of the human race.

She got what she deserved because she didn't bend over: So making the pain more severe is the obvious response to that, right? What if whipping her legs and stomach didn't work? I guess start taking shots to the face. If that doesn't work, lose the belt and start using a fist. If that doesn't work, throw her down the stairs. That'll teach her a lesson.

Quite frankly, if you're trying to spank a child who is old enough to willfully refuse it, it's time to find a new form of punishment, not just raise the pain level and humiliation factor. And I'm not even going to get into the comments that he made while doing it, or the pleasure that he seemed to take in "laying down the law". Anyone who thinks it's normal to spank a 16-year-old, mentally disabled girl has issues.

All kids are little s because they aren't beat: No, kids are out of control because parents either don't discipline them at all, or try to medicate what would otherwise be considered regular childhood tendencies.

It's not that hard to discipline a kid without laying a finger on them. And quite frankly, that was more effective for me when I was growing up. By the time I was like 6, I realized that my parents weren't going to kill me with a spanking and it was only going to hurt for a short period of time, so it lost its effectiveness, and my parents realized that. Raising the pain level is not the proper response. Now threatening me with a month of no TV, or no friends, or no car? That set my ass straight real quick.

In my opinion, if you're too short-sighted or moronic to find a way to handle your kids without striking them, then you probably shouldn't have had kids in the first place. If you feel differently , feel free to make your case, but don't expect me to respect your opinion.

This explains why you are the masochistic that you prove yourself to be here every day. Shouldn't you be somewhere picking losing battles with the Mav krew?
    A hole in the central cornerstone of your argument is you think progress and change are the same and both necessarily better. Which is false. Sometimes stuff that happened in the past or that elders had to deal with is in fact better than what is happening now and people now have to deal with. Change is not always good, and not all change is progress.

Name
    Ed Induh Gutter
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The daughter was disabled, too...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils

You grew up well and responsible without your parents spanking you.
    I grew up well and responsible with my parents sometimes spanking me.
    Both ways of discipline worked out well for both of us and also to other people here too so why would you say the form of punishment my parents did was moronic when it made me a responsible person today? I didnt die, I didnt suffer broken bones, its because the spanking was appropriate and not overkill.

I think you are short-sighted if you think your kind of discipline is the only one that work and other parent's ways are inferior to yours.
    Dont respect my opinion if you dont want to, nobody begs for approval here anyway.

About the video, if that is what the parents think is appropriate for her then I will not challenge them. Are we 100% sure that they did not try setting limits first or other forms of punishment or even being good examples and providing morals for her.
    You know, I will also cry and beg and make sure it will look way worse than what it is if I know there is a camera capturing every minute of the "beating".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    1) Kids almost always overexaggerate their crying when getting spanked in public or when others are watching

2) All she had to do was turn over but she refused

3) She planned this whole thing and you all assume that had no effect on (1) or (2)

Dumbass kid should not have disobeyed her mom and dad.

Thread Information