My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/03/b...th-and-weve-g/

Sitting down? Good. Come November 16th, Amazon's Kindle Fire will have company. We've wrapped our paws around a stash of do ents confirming the impending launch of the first bona fide tablet in the Nook line, and lo and behold, the Nook Tablet will end up being a dead-ringer for the Nook Color that already exists. What we're looking at is a 7-inch VividView IPS color touchpanel with a 1024 x 600 screen resolution (that's 169 pixels per inch), a 1.2GHz dual-core OMAP4 processor, 1GB of RAM, dimensions of 8.1- x 5- x 0.48-inches, 16GB of inbuilt storage, a microSD expansion slot, roughly eight hours of battery life with WiFi switched off (that sinks to four hours with videos playing back), 802.11b/g/n WiFi and support for a smorgasbord of file formats including ePUB, PDF, XLS, DOC, PPT, TXT, DOCM, Flash, JPG, MP3, MP4 and AAC.

Nook Color review
    B&N cutting Nook Color price to $199, adding Hulu Plus and more streaming music
    Nook Simple Touch seeing price drop to $99, touts 'no annoying ads'
    What's looney is just how similar this thing is to the Nook Color, even in functionality; in fact, B&N simply says that it offers "everything the Nook Color [does] + the best in HD entertainment." We've also confirmed that it'll ship for $249 here in the States -- a full $50 more than Amazon's Kindle Fire. So, why does B&N think you'll pony up the extra? For one, the Nook Tablet has twice the RAM and twice the storage compared to its closest rival, while also being lighter and having access to over two million books, magazines and newspapers. So, what say you? You'll be able to pre-order your own on November 7th, and for those still dubious, in-store demonstrations will begin on the 15th.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Kindle and Amazon for this BS:

http://boingboing.net/2012/02/22/ama...dependent.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a move, if they want to move to nook, they just need to find that program (starts with a "c" I think) that removes DRM

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Calibre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There ya go. Thanks

Thread Information