My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the demo for 360 last night and it was bad ass. I've never played ME before so this got me wanting to check it out.

I'm thinking about going and picking up ME1 and 2 though. Did they make copies of the games that included DLC or am I stuck buying the original games?

Anyways, ME3 looks cool. It was kind of confusing with the hot key and what the means exactly.. but I'll figure it out.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Sure, you might enjoy it. Managing useless clutter can get annoying, though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You're looking for Mass Effect - Platinum Hits Edition. IIRC, there was only the 'Bring Down The Sky' expansion for ME1, which is included in the Platinum Hits bonus disc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got the demo for 360 last night and it was bad ass. I've never played ME before so this got me wanting to check it out.

I'm thinking about going and picking up ME1 and 2 though. Did they make copies of the games that included DLC or am I stuck buying the original games?

Anyways, ME3 looks cool. It was kind of confusing with the hot key and what the means exactly.. but I'll figure it out.
    ME 1 greatest hits edition or w/e its called comes with the DLC no special copy for ME 2.

yeah what rest said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good luck finding the special editions of both copies mad expensives yo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're looking for Mass Effect - Platinum Hits Edition. IIRC, there was only the 'Bring Down The Sky' expansion for ME1, which is included in the Platinum Hits bonus disc.
    I just got the Platinum Hits of ME2 tonight.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I just got the Platinum Hits of ME2 tonight.
    They released a Platinum Hits for ME2? Never saw it before, cool.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, you might enjoy it. Managing useless clutter can get annoying, though.

im sure someone whose favorite game is skyrim won't think twice about "managing useless clutter."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I downloaded all the freebie DLC content, and used 320 MP on Genesis. It's a 15 minute comic run that explains all the happenings in ME1 and lets me make the important decisions that I missed out on. Cool stuff.

im sure someone whose favorite game is skyrim won't think twice about "managing useless clutter."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first game is definitely the stronger of the two as far as story and RPG mechanics go. But having played it again here recently, it does look a little dated. The graphics are fine, but there are lots some frame rate drops and texture tearing during busy sequences.

This is easily my favorite video game series. That said, I have HUGE concerns regarding ME3. I'll buy it and play it regardless though.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The textures in one were terrible, for the most part. Or maybe it was just me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first game is definitely the stronger of the two as far as story and RPG mechanics go. But having played it again here recently, it does look a little dated. The graphics are fine, but there are lots some frame rate drops and texture tearing during busy sequences.

This is easily my favorite video game series. That said, I have HUGE concerns regarding ME3. I'll buy it and play it regardless though.
    What concerns?

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://io9.com/5886178/why-mass-effe...our-generation

Perhaps a little long but an interesting read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To keep it short, judging by the demo and the few spoilers I've read, the end isn't all it's cracked up to be. I really don't know how it ends, but it sounds like a pick your poison type deal. All the work we've put into the first two games, the decisions we've made, and importing your saves to ME2 and now ME3, seem to have little influence on the endgame. The decisions that do make an impact are whether or not the useless characters like Conrad Verner show up or not. And in the case of your ME2 squadmates being killed off (if you didn't save them all in your playthrough), most will be replaced by other random people whenever you are supposed to encounter them in the game.
    Last edited by Xevious; 02-23-2012 at 06:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I'll still play it and enjoy it. This really is one of the richest universes in video game history. By not playing the first game, you miss so much more than the main storyline. It really sets the table and gives you the opportunity to learn about the history of the Mass Effect universe and get to know so many of the alien races in depth. Whereas ME2 (and ME3) assume you already know what is going on without holding your hand.

I just think the purchase of Bioware from EA has shifted their focus a bit. Instead of cornering the American RPG market, they are now targeting the shooter crowd.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so from a story perspective

ME1 > ME trilogy

they should have just put a couple of the better recruiting missions in ME1, and did the end like ME2 where people die or don't die based on what you'd done in the game. would have been an almost perfect game.

then if they ever made a sequel, it'd have to be like hundreds of years later after the galaxy had studied up on the citadel relay, prothians, and keepers and developed a gameplan for taking the fight to the reapers

IMO

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Again, I'll still play it and enjoy it. This really is one of the richest universes in video game history. By not playing the first game, you miss so much more than the main storyline. It really sets the table and gives you the opportunity to learn about the history of the Mass Effect universe and get to know so many of the alien races in depth. Whereas ME2 (and ME3) assume you already know what is going on without holding your hand.

I just think the purchase of Bioware from EA has shifted their focus a bit. Instead of cornering the American RPG market, they are now targeting the shooter crowd.
    This is pretty much it. ME1 had one of the most brilliantly told storylines I've seen in a game. ME2 was published by EA and you could already see the shift in focus. In ME2 the main storyline took a weird Hollywood Action movie-esque turn which ended up negating a lot of the story they built in the first game. I still enjoyed it (and the side missions stories were well told) but the whole story arc could never be as good as it cold've been. I'm sure ME3 is more like ME2 than ME1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I am digging the out of ME2.

Thread Information