Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats funny is that given the amount of BoAs there was almost certainly one closer than 2.7 miles from the location.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Former Bill Clinton pollster finds that nearly a third of occupy protesters would support violence to advance their agenda.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...965745362.html
    How many Republicans would support violence to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapon capability?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep Ln, this was my personal fav:

Occupy Oakland – Yelling and nonsense at Burger King
    My kids have SA on lockdown in that case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even better he is routinely pwned by his own supporting material, thus rendering his critics superfluous.
    It's pretty awesome. He takes away any work you have to do to shut him down. You just read the articles he links and it gives you the information to quote to completely ruin his claims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-705266?on.cnn=1

Now I see the mayhem DarrinS is talking about.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lehman, Freddy, Fanny, Banks and 1% Mayhem:
    - 7 trillion dollars lost
    - thousands of homeless and empoverished american families
    - millions of jobs lost
    Are any of those companies have businesses on Wall Street or any of the protesting sites?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in the 60s Darrin would have been saying that Rosa Parks should have just sat in the back of the bus like a normal black.
    i don't see how you got that connection? Are you inferring that if you are against the OWS debacle, that you were against civil rights for Negros?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He posted arrests and not convictions either. He just took a list of arrests and convicted them himself. What will be very telling is how many of the arrests actually result in prosecution much less conviction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see how you got that connection? Are you inferring that if you are against the OWS debacle, that you were against civil rights for Negros?
    No. What happened to Rosa Parks when she refused to move? I'll give you a hint: It has a lot in common with what has happend to a lot of people in the occupy protests.

Being arrested is one of the things that happens in many non violent civil disobedience movments and acting like arrests somehow signify that a movement is unreasonable or inappropriate is some foolish ignorance. There's a reason its called civil disobedience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Someone squatting on public property is not the same as someone being told told to give up her seat because of the color of her skin. That is a far stretch even for tunnel visioned progressives!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. What happened to Rosa Parks when she refused to move? I'll give you a hint: It has a lot in common with what has happend to a lot of people in the occupy protests.

Being arrested is one of the things that happens in many non violent civil disobedience movments and acting like arrests somehow signify that a movement is unreasonable or inappropriate is some foolish ignorance. There's a reason its called civil disobedience.
    Looking past the civil disobedience and far fetched tickets, what is the overall concencus on all the rapes and the groups there who were urging the woman to not go to the cops?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rape is bad and anyone who tries to stop a woman from reporting a rape is s . Do you really think anyone is going to give you a different answer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Someone squatting on public property is not the same as someone being told told to give up her seat because of the color of her skin. That is a far stretch even for tunnel visioned progressives!
    I don't think I ever said they were exactly the same, but they definitely are both forms of civil disobedience. You look back now with 40+ years of history so of course what you see now is framed in today's light but that doesn't change the fact that what you consider common sense today was illegal then. That alone should provide you with perspective.

More importantly, what Darrin was doing was dismissing the protests based on arrests and not anything about the protests themselves. If the standard to judge a movement by is whether or not they are arrested, then the Rosa Parks is indeed the same as those who were arrested in this movement seeing as they were both arrested. Its not my criteria and if you have a problem with it take it up with Darrin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what Darrin's reasons for posting this. I'm not going to assume. I find these arrest pretty bad but that isn't a dismissal of the "protest". Anybody not having a team to root for would definitely include it in their analysis. 40 years from now, I doubt anybody will remember this. I especially doubt anyone will think of some life altering event like the beginning of the civil rights movement.
    My problem is with your demeaning of what Rosa Parks did by putting them in with these clowns. That isl like trying to bunch in sexuals' lifestyle being normalized with woman and negros not being treated like second class citizens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The civil rights movement legislation, Medicare, Medicaid, Voting Rights Act, desegregation, etc, etc, in the 1960s were only passed with significant bipartisan support.

bipartisan support now has been completely precluded, oblitereated since the Gingrich Repugs and VRWC hate media began polarizing and dividing the country seriously with wedge issues in the early 1990s.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My problem is with your demeaning of what Rosa Parks did by putting them in with these clowns. That isl like trying to bunch in sexuals' lifestyle being normalized with woman and negros not being treated like second class citizens.
    I agree completely, it's totally like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking past the civil disobedience and far fetched tickets, what is the overall concencus on all the rapes and the groups there who were urging the woman to not go to the cops?
    How about Gandhi then and his people's marches into markets and the like?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 1%, the UCA, Corporate-Americans, the MIC, the Medical IC, the plutocrats take the 99% as targets of wealth to be sucked dry, to be wasted in bull wars to expand and mainting the UCA Empire, while they remain above the law.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus deserved to be crucified after all that moneychanger mayhem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Occupy Oakland – Yelling and nonsense at Burger King

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus deserved to be crucified after all that moneychanger mayhem.
    This is why I can only laugh at people that support the banking industry and with the same brain think they are followers of Jesus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why I can only laugh at people that support the banking industry and with the same brain think they are followers of Jesus.
    It's sickeningly humorous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there are obviously a lot of OWS supporters in here.

Tell me.

Whats the end game?

Whats the goal?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So there are obviously a lot of OWS supporters in here.
    Who is obviously a supporter of theirs in here?

Thread Information