Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Without any provocation whatsoever, other than the bodies of these students sitting where they were on the ground, with their arms linked, police pepper-sprayed students. Students remained on the ground, now writhing in pain, with their arms linked.

What happened next?

Police used batons to try to push the students apart. Those they could separate, they arrested, kneeling on their bodies and pushing their heads into the ground. Those they could not separate, they pepper-sprayed directly in the face, holding these students as they did so. When students covered their eyes with their clothing, police forced open their mouths and pepper-sprayed down their throats. Several of these students were hospitalized. Others are seriously injured. One of them, forty-five minutes after being pepper-sprayed down his throat, was still coughing up blood.
    Waiting for all the assholes to defend this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for all the assholes to defend this.
    They would likely defend them if they took a 9mm and put it to their foreheads and pulled the trigger, LnG. They will defend "authority" to the end of the Earth, and besides, they look at the OWS as a waste of humanity. Probably less than human. "They had warning they would be shot, so if they didn't move it's their own fault that they were executed."

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh and here's the Chancellor's dumb- response... if she lasts another week I'll be amazed.

However, we also have a responsibility to our entire campus community, including the parents who have entrusted their students to us, to ensure that all can live, learn and work in a safe, secure environment without disruption. We take this responsibility seriously. We are accountable for what occurs on our campus. Campus policies generously support free speech, but do include limited time, place and manner regulations to protect health, safety and the ability of students, staff, and faculty to accomplish the University mission. If an unfortunate incident occurs as a result of violations of these limited regulations, we are all responsible.

We are aware that many of those involved in the recent demonstrations on campus are not members of the UC Davis community. This requires us to be even more vigilant about the safety of our students, faculty and staff. While we have appreciated the peaceful and respectful tone of the demonstrations to date, the current encampment raises serious health, safety and legal concerns, and the resources we require to supervise this encampment cannot be sustained, especially in these very tight economic times. Our resources must support our core mission to educate all of our students.
    Yeah, you really seemed to be worried about safety and healthy when you looked on as police pepper sprayed the out of peaceful protesters.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They would likely defend them if they took a 9mm and put it to their foreheads and pulled the trigger, LnG. They will defend "authority" to the end of the Earth, and besides, they look at the OWS as a waste of humanity. Probably less than human. "They had warning they would be shot, so if they didn't move it's their own fault that they were executed."
    You can see at the end of the video that some of the cops are raising their paintball guns too to the crowd. If the cop had shot, he would've hit a few, and a paintball shot at that distance could really ing hurt.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Yes, have to move that line of disgusting somehow.

Now on the serious side. They are blocking a public walkway. Maybe you are against the pepper spray, but I'll bet no matter how they removed the garbage, you would complain anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now on the serious side. They are blocking a public walkway. Maybe you are against the pepper spray, but I'll bet no matter how they removed the garbage, you would complain anyway.
    So predictable. I'd like to say I'm disappointed, but I've come to stop expecting anything resembling the capacity for rational thought.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    So predictable. I'd like to say I'm disappointed, but I've come to stop expecting anything resembling the capacity for rational thought.
    And you are credible with that joker of an avatar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you are credible with that joker of an avatar?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    You do personal attacks on me whenever you see fit. I don't do that very often with you, but maybe I should start going to levels you understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do personal attacks on me whenever you see fit. I don't do that very often with you, but maybe I should start going to levels you understand.
    I find it fitting to decry people who call other human beings trash.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I find it fitting to decry people who call other human beings trash.
    When they think they they are better than others, and can take away the free right of movement away from others, then I have no sympathy for them. They are like roaches when they cross that line against other peoples freedoms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they think they they are better than others, and can take away the free right of movement away from others, then I have no sympathy for them. They are like roaches when they cross that line against other peoples freedoms.
    They have to walk around us! We're restricting their right of movement!

This is why you get insulted. Because you're ing stupid and you see 100% of what you want to see and 0% of what you don't. And because you refer to other human beings as trash, then and moan when people insult you (to your face) on an internet forum.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    They have to walk around us! We're restricting their right of movement!

This is why you get insulted. Because you're ing stupid and you see 100% of what you want to see and 0% of what you don't. And because you refer to other human beings as trash, then and moan when people insult you (to your face) on an internet forum.
    I guess you are too miopic to see that line extended for some distance off the sidewalk.

How far into the street or grass must people walk?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How are people suppose to get around? We see protesters sitting down in a line that extends for unknown distances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question guys, because I kept the window minimized enough so that I usually didn't see name. Has WC always been this bad? I mean it seems like he has gotten much worse lately, but maybe he has always been this way.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Real question guys, because I kept the window minimized enough so that I usually didn't see name. Has WC always been this bad? I mean it seems like he has gotten much worse lately, but maybe he has always been this way.
    If you mean have I always been against those who violate other people's freedoms, then yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Bigger isn't always better.

May I suggest you make that picture 33% of it's size and edit your posting. I don't like having to scroll horizontal also, but then, maybe you're a roach like the ing roach protesters. Loving to interfere with others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you mean have I always been against those who violate other people's freedoms, then yes.
    "Those people should not have sat at that lunch counter, they were violating the freedom of others to eat lunch at that counter."

-wc

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    "Those people should not have sat at that lunch counter, they were violating the freedom of others to eat lunch at that counter."

-wc
    LOL...

You make up bull like that, and wonder why I respond to such like I do?

Why don't you buy a clue.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Don't ever call yourself a libertarian again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

You make up bull like that, and wonder why I respond to such like I do?

Why don't you buy a clue.
    The fact that the picture above is an obvious nuisance to you aside, can you show me in what manner those protesters were cutting the police off from their support? Looks like the officer is stepping over the line of people quite easily.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Freedom of movement? Really? That's what you're going with?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So let's see...

Violating someone's right to walk where they please is more important than one's right not to be sprayed with pepper. That makes sense.

Where's my right to be free from hearing such stupidity? You're violating my right to not hear stupidity!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    WC, the only libertarian who sides with the authorities 99% of the time.

Thread Information