My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Homicide investigators with HPD said a woman who shot and killed a man in a gas station parking lot may have feared for her life. The confrontation occurred Sunday evening at the Gulf station located on Cullen Boulevard near Yellowstone in southeast Houston. Surveillance video shows the shooter, described as a 23-year-old woman, retrieving a rifle from the trunk of her car and pointing it toward the ground near a man armed with an umbrella and a pocket knife. Then it shows the man swinging at the woman as she steps back and fires the weapon." - KHOU

Video-------> http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.p...Ns3mFURAzgXs63

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    now w/o another copy and paste job post your personal views on this subject .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The grown man should have stood down. If u have a problem with what the woman did, i ask u to pretend it was a littke sexy 23 year old white girl and a 52 year old biker that swung at her. Good for her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's holding a gun, and a large man comes at her (and strikes her); he has a knife. Don't know what was said, but there would be no reason to think he wouldn't keep coming (and might have lunged again; the video doesn't show the actual shooting.) Justified shooting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why shoot to kill, why not a shot in the leg?

unjustifiable homicide

w/o the gun, she could have run away, or run into the gas station store.

ing less gun fellators

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently, SYG doesn't apply to this case:
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07...down-with-aoj/

Would anybody be surprised if she ends up 20 years in jail? I wouldn't think it's right, but I wouldn't be surprised, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Black on black crime. Nothing to see here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would anybody be surprised if she ends up 20 years in jail? I wouldn't think it's right, but I wouldn't be surprised, tbh
    According to link, SYG doesn't apply simply because she doesn't need to use it. She has a self defense case lock - and according to his opinion had no "safe" retreat option - therefore she doesn't even need to claim SYG; she just needs self defense - which is a lock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to link, SYG doesn't apply simply because she doesn't need to use it. She has a self defense case lock - and according to his opinion had no "safe" retreat option - therefore she doesn't even need to claim SYG; she just needs self defense - which is a lock.
    I agree. Don't know about a 'lock' these days anymore though. It does look to me like she should walk.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If she hit a wall, she's in trouble.

Crowned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

unjustifiable homicide

ing less gun fellators
    Because any time you point a gun at something/someone, you had better plan on destroying it. Don't aim at anything you don't intend to kill.

And also, another reason is, because it's not the friggin movies where people are just going to shoot guns out of people's hands and crap. Shoot at his leg and miss, and now you have an even more pissed off guy with a knife who has already attacked you once. There two rules to gun use (not only two, but two big ones) - don't aim at anything you don't intend to kill, and if you do intend to kill, aim at center mass.

Stop watching so many movies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another gun fellator letting fly

Loretta Dart [the wife of the dead man] said they stopped at the gravel bar before 2 p.m. but weren’t there long before Crocker [the property owner] confronted them with a gun, starting with her cousin who went to urinate. The man said they were on private property and to get out. He waved his gun around and fired it in the air and into the ground near Paul Dart and her cousin, Loretta Dart said.

Crocker told a detective that men were yelling at him “stating that they weren’t going to leave and that the gravel bar was public property,” court records say.

At one point, Crocker told Kling, “I have the power here. I have the power,” Kling said.

Kling said, “Put that gun down and we’ll see who has the power,” according to Loretta Dart. Kling, 24, of Robertsville, said he and his stepfather were trying to reason with the man.

Then, Loretta Dart said, her cousin picked up a rock. (Crocker told police the man had a rock in each hand.) Her husband stood between her cousin and the gunman.

“My husband tried to calm the guy down,” Loretta Dart said. “He went to the guy’s arm to try to stop him, but the guy jerked back and popped him in the face.”

Crocker told police the shooting came as the culmination of a dispute over whether the group was trespassing or not, and he fired after a man approached him with rocks in his hands. Paul Dart wasn’t the one with the rocks.“I just shot the one closest to me,” Crocker said, according to police.

Authorities on Sunday charged Crocker with second-degree murder. He was being held Monday in lieu of $650,000 bail at the Crawford County Jail.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...r?detail=email

with no gun, the old fart probably wouldn't have done anything, not even ask, politely or nastily, to get off his property. With a gun, he's got a big and ready to kill.

more guns = more gun violence, injuries, deaths, murders (exactly how the NRA/gun industry want it)

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-25-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

SYG was state's way of creating a castle clause. Which Texas has always had. If you cannot flee, you are allowed to use the amount of force that can get you out of danger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SYG was state's way of creating a castle clause. Which Texas has always had. If you cannot flee, you are allowed to use the amount of force that can get you out of danger.
    SYG in Florida says you don't have to flee even if you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of SYG legislation especially when there's self-defense laws already in the books. Then again, there's all sorts of cluster s in the book.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just seems to be encouraging gun violence. There have been several incidents around Austin where idiots killed or got themselves killed trying to exercise what they thought were their castle doctrine rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She needs to be charged with something.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

unjustifiable homicide

ing less gun fellators
    Central mass. There's no point in using a gun with live ammo if one isn't shooting to kill.

And of course she is less.

Thread Information