Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Dana a no show at presser!!

Chael "my goal was to win a controversial split decision, so of course I'm upset it was a unanimous decision"

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Knew Maia/other guy would be boring, just didn't know Maia would gas so bad - was also feeling Dana's brain explode in the 3rd round, just awful.

I had a feeling Chael was sick, or at least the weight cut this time took a ton out of him because he looked great from what I recalled against Stann. Bisping is a good fighter, but he's never been a guy that can hang with Silva/Vitor/Sonnen in the thick of it. Notice Chael didn't want to hype a re-match with Silva...overall, Chael needs shorter hair when he fights IMO

Phil Davis showed a lot of heart, but he lacks Rashad's smarts. Definately looking forward to the fight with Jones - and I hope Rashad can stay OUT OF CHARACTER and just be the great compe or he is.

And please, quit using the in NFL gawdddd dammmmmmmm that's annoying.

Sonnen: If those blowhards with their blowdarts want to come at me they can send anyone they want, but don't send anbody you want back.

Knew Maia/other guy would be boring, just didn't know Maia would gas so bad - was also feeling Dana's brain explode in the 3rd round, just awful.

I had a feeling Chael was sick, or at least the weight cut this time took a ton out of him because he looked great from what I recalled against Stann. Bisping is a good fighter, but he's never been a guy that can hang with Silva/Vitor/Sonnen in the thick of it. Notice Chael didn't want to hype a re-match with Silva...overall, Chael needs shorter hair when he fights IMO

Phil Davis showed a lot of heart, but he lacks Rashad's smarts. Definately looking forward to the fight with Jones - and I hope Rashad can stay OUT OF CHARACTER and just be the great compe or he is.

And please, quit using the in NFL gawdddd dammmmmmmm that's annoying.
    Yeah, god forbid they come up with some other generic tune. Lol

lol Chael said someone stole his "belt" reason why he didn't wear it out

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah, god forbid they come up with some other generic tune. Lol
    They've already got some good tunes on the UFC library, but the only one they used tonight was the "tale of the tape" song that is basically the worst of the collection.

John Tesh needs to write a brand spanking new UFC on FOX theme, using the football one is confusing and stupid. It just makes me hate the FOX presentation even more. Bunch of monkeys running that crew.

Post Count
    Wow great night of fights really enjoyed it..

Weidman/Maia- Weidman needs to work on his striking but to take the fight on 2 weeks notice he did the job.

Sonnen/Bisping- Chael won the fight. Bisping fought very well, better than i thought he would but not enough to win. I am no Bisping fan as everyone around here knows however

Round 1: Chael got 2 TD's and the striking was about even, 10-9 Chael

Round 2: 1 TD and Bisping got the better of the striking, had Chael pushed on the cage. 10-9 Bisping.

Round 3 All Chael with the TD and the top control. I thought he was gonna get that sub VIA arm triangle when he transitioned from the mount but Mike fought tough. Chael was again too damn low in the guard which is what got him caught with Silva in the 5th. On to the rematch. War Sonnen!!

Davis/Shad. Very good fight. Davis needs to hire a new boxing coach right now because his hands in suck. For a guy that athletic he should be a way more dangerous striker. He basically got through a 5 round fight with Rashad on his athletic ability and toughness alone. If Davis had more on the feet Rashad was open to be pressed late in the fight but he had nothing. Shad fought great for 3 rds and then got tired. On to the Jones fight and the best fighter in the world right now is gonna smash him. War Jones..

Post Count
    ty fight tbh... I have a feeling they might give it 29-28 Sonnen.
    How was that a ty fight? Both guys were active and fought their guts out? Both guys also had moments in the fight..

Post Count
    Dana a no show at presser!!
    Uh oh.. Were the ratings bad or something??

Post Count
    Davis needs to watch his leg kicks, Rashad has those timed
    Rounds 4 and 5 if Davis had better hands he might have won the fight. Shad was slow and telegraghing his shots.. Davis needs to drill his striking big time..

one crazy ass submission:

Last edited by ace3g; 01-29-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Post Count
    get ready for Sonnen to jump out of the guard and get the arm triangle
    patent Sonnen body flops
    well to be honest Bisping had good wrist control there, all Sonnen could do is lay and pray
    Ace bringing the high level MMA knowledge..

I have watched this fight back 5 times and Chael wins rounds 1 and 3 with the 2nd being very close probably going to Bisping. Rogan's commentary still has me baffled. I still don't know how Rogan dismiissed the 2 TD's Chael got and was only raving about Chael being pressed on the cage in round 1. Bisping didn't land much of anything in the round and fight metric showed that. When you get taken down twice, don't hurt your opponent or have sub attempts guess what Joe?

You lose the round..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    I woke up for this fights.
    I took some sleep - 90 minutes and then turned on the exciting fight - Maia vs Weidman.

Ohh gosh. I assume Dana was pissed as . Another FOX card and as a start they got a antientertainment show.
    I was pissed it took so long b4 they went into the cage and all those talking and talking. Which I was not hearing because polish commentary was screwing everything. Then those commercial breakes where we saw arena and a silence from polish broadcast.

At least I knew the only fight worth waking up was Sonnen fight. And I was disappointed.
    Why Sonnen was not dominating more?
    Bisping sucked against Miller and now he looked better the Stann !

And Sonner really going forward, and if rematched with Silva I don't know if he can stand the striking of Anderson this time.

All main fights were not so great.

It looked like every fighter had some problems. Maybe it was because of a short time between weight-ins and event. Shorter then normal.

Anyway - Sonnen was not happy, Dana was not happy and Shad was not happy.

All in all decent card

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count

Thread Information