Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Reading "Ender's Game" right now. Enjoyable so far.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    IronMaxipad you checked this out? Good stuff, I am on the second of the Expanse:

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "Death Scenes"...this is a rectangular shaped paperback of photos of b&w death scene photographs, primarily from the first half of the last century. They've been recovered from a LAPD police detective's files. It's done well. As a bonus there is a lengthy narrative in the front that is done superbly and adds to what the reader is "seeing."

Most of the photos are mighty gruesome, but, it is the combination of the visual and the narrative that will draw you in and never let you forget.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    IronMaxipad you checked this out? Good stuff, I am on the second of the Expanse:

I've heard good things. It has been recommended to me several times. I actually have it on my kindle just haven't gotten around to it yet.

It’s not so important who starts the game but who finishes it! ~Sweetmelody~'s Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    One of my top recommendations is I know this much is True by Wally Lamb, which deals with schizophrenia. Story is about two twin brothers and one has schizophrenia but its more about the other brother and his journey through failure, family history ect…

I will refrain from giving my Romance recommendations, lol

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Here's an older one by Ruth Rendell: "Going Wrong." I've read it numerous times and so enjoy it. It's terribly tragic & quite intense throughout. It deals with a young man in London who is in love with a young girl. She has grown away from him, but, he can't see it. He operates on the edge of criminal activity and this facet is an important part of the plot. British Television produced a teleplay of this story a few years back, and I've seen it. It's poor and is now lodged in my psyche and the purity of my visions at just reading this story have been sadly compromised. Don't do it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anything by James Lee Burke/Lee Child.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    The dive from Clausen's pier is a good book imho, by Ann Packer. you can buy the book from a book store or you can simply download the tape of it for free on http://www.scarlett-fan.com/extras/sounds/. I've listened to that story quite a few times and I never feel bored of the narrator's magnificent voice, never

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

I'm very curious.
    Just finished it, loved it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I finished reading the horse whisperer last week and the end of the story was really sad... Tom Booker sacrificed his life to save Grace's, which was different than what you saw in the film where Tom remained alive. The movie starring my goddess was great, of course, but the book is even greater.

the part of the book (and the movie as well) I liked best was when Grace burst into tears in her mom's arms whining "Who's gonna want me like this...", which was so touching and I was almost moved to tears when reading/watching that part. My goddess deserved at least an Oscar nomination for that film, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just finished this one...pretty good...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I want to read Gone with the wind but I only catch random glimpses of it, read casual excerpts of it instead of reading it consecutively from beginning to end, because 's long as , and the "negro's" talks are too hard for me to understand (would've been easier to me if I still had that LM troll though)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've been reading quite a bit more recently. The younger generation seems to have lost or forgotten the joy of reading.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Just finished this one...pretty good...

Yeah, 14 and the semi-sequel The Fold are both pretty good.

I decided on a whim to get an Audible subscription, and now I go through about 5-7 books a month to justify having it. The Girl with All the Gifts was pretty cool. Usually still do some YA series since they're easy to listen to while working out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Reading "Ender's Game" right now. Enjoyable so far.
    Amazing book. And so easy o read.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If u like that go for Asimov. Start with foundation.

Another mind blowing one, cats craddle

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amazing book. And so easy o read.
    great one. Did you finish the whole series? I started Speaker for the Dead but got bogged down early. Had someone tell me it got better but never picked it up again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    If u like that go for Asimov. Start with foundation.
    I did the five books of the main series. Didn't do the prequels, though. That's like the scifi series. It's funny what things people thought we'd get early on and what they thought would take thousands of years to develop. That universe had robots in the 1990s but didn't get speech-to-text technology for 20k-plus years.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ENDZONE...Don DeLillo

Taft Robinson is the first black footballer at Logos College in west Texas. His speed on a whole other level.

Courtship of Marcus Dupree....Willie Morris

The story of the most sought out black HS footballer in the nation in the south, a true story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Wow surprised some of you read. I see that Kool has avoided this thread like the plague.

Anyway A Series of Ice and Fire and The First Law series are two of my favorites atm. Generally a fan of James Pattersons books and other thrillers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Still a big Stephen King fan. Finders Keepers.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Almost a 100 posts in four years. Stay knowledgeable ST.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Just knocked out The Power of the Dog and its sequel The Cartel by Don Winslow. Those might be the best books I've ever read. They were everything Sicario wanted to be without all the pretentious artistic that just got in the way of the movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Still a big Stephen King fan. Finders Keepers.
    This book was excellent. The first was good, but this one was better. Read it a month ago. I also enjoyed The Bone Clocks. Never read Clout Atlas but I liked this one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Just knocked out The Power of the Dog and its sequel The Cartel by Don Winslow. Those might be the best books I've ever read. They were everything Sicario wanted to be without all the pretentious artistic that just got in the way of the movie.
    Thanks, I'll check those out

Thread Information