Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Kobe get an experimental knee procedure to regrow the cartilage? Maybe TD should consider it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bone on bone

-cia pop

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Bone on bone" might be the worst 3-word Spurs-related phrase I've heard since "players locked out".

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A couple of things:

1. bittersweet to hear about duncan's knee ... I think it's geat news to hear it's not that he is "tired" his knee just won't let him pull out too many vinatage Duncan games. However the last great run I expected him to have is probably not gonna happen ...

2. Shaq has ALWAYS shown duncan respect. and he is right without Kobe you guys end that dynasty early ...

3. and like Shaq i love Pop, the hate on him here is crazy talk. When you guys have some veteran hack coaching you will realize what a smarrt ass, kick ass coach you have ...and besides Duncan was the biggest reason yall have 4 les ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks tmt.

That started out great, but that last sentence is a REAL DOWNER. wow.
    Mmmmm-hmmm.

I feel the same way.

And I really don't like this generation of players. Lebron, Melo, Wade, Amare, Paul, DWill...I feel nothing for them.

I love Tim, Shaq and Kobe's games and the mostly unspoken rivalry. It'll be a legend. These guys won't be forgotten.

The prime guys today will have none of that.

I like Rose's and Durant's games, but I don't see true hall of fame greatness in any of the prime guys this generation. Rose and Durant may step into Kobe/Shaq and Duncan-like roles, but it's not a given. They need to start writing their legacies if they really want to leave them.

Lol I'm 23 and I know this reads like some grumpy old fart post.

Given his knees and the craziness of this year schedule, Pop should consider benching Duncan to limit his minutes. With Spurs current roster, the best way to do it would be to start Blair with Splitter and have Bonner and Duncan coming from the bench.
    I think a better way to go would be to totally rest Tim (and Manu) whenever they feel they need a rest, and certainly on many b2bs. NBA is becoming a league where depth and roster management matters.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's that CIA pop for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sad to read about the "bone on bone" comment. But that goes to show you what a compe or TD is....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given his knees and the craziness of this year schedule, Pop should consider benching Duncan to limit his minutes. With Spurs current roster, the best way to do it would be to start Blair with Splitter and have Bonner and Duncan coming from the bench.
    Sounds great, until you realize that Pop would never play two bigs together for significant minutes that can't shoot. So unless at least one of them has developed at least a semi-reliable mid range jumper, that isn't happening.

Even if he were willing to do that, if they don't trade Blair and alter the makeup of their big rotation and instead just settle for signing McRoberts, or someone of that ilk, then they won't have enough talent upfront to have the luxury of doing that. All the more reason to aggressively pursue Jefferson, who would give them the luxury of flat out sitting out Duncan some games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank goodness for the Medium Three. They've allowed Duncan to remain elite so long. But that brace is the real MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shabazz is a bad mfer

Thread Information