My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    They should at least call Tressel

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Sherman never signed his contract extension. He has 3 years at 1.8 mil/yr left on contract.

Big12 fees could be anywhere from 10-20. R Bowen Loftin himself says he expects it to be around 15. Go find the links yourself.
    listen carefully wanker, this is high stakes and we do not have time for childish behavior.
    OK, I figured you guys were lying to make your school look less stupid.

OK, I figured you guys were lying to make your school look less stupid.
    less stupid, infers that we are partially stupid which makes no sense. one either is or is not stupid, there cannot be fractions regarding this matter.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    less stupid, infers that we are partially stupid which makes no sense. one either is or is not stupid, there cannot be fractions regarding this matter.
    Sure there can.

Paying $20 million to coaches to not coach and to not play in the Big 12 is less stupid than paying $40 million to do the same thing.

Sure there can.

Paying $20 million to coaches to not coach and to not play in the Big 12 is less stupid than paying $40 million to do the same thing.
    as a matter of slang, sure. but in reality, it was simply negotiations.. and smart ones at that. A&M realized they needed to make a move; selling a stock before it hits bottom as something is better than nothing.

Smart.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Just ignore him. Like a child, if he doesn't get attention, he will quit typing.

Just ignore him. Like a child, if he doesn't get attention, he will quit typing.
    its fun to make people look foolish sometimes, besides his school does not have a football team. i have alway had a soft spot for the inclusion of others, nobody should be alone.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    as a matter of slang, sure. but in reality, it was simply negotiations.. and smart ones at that. A&M realized they needed to make a move; selling a stock before it hits bottom as something is better than nothing.

Smart.
    It's not slang. It's stupid to call it slang.

Actually, all you had to do was give a link to your numbers.

You rather stupidly refused.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    its fun to make people look foolish sometimes, besides his school does not have a football team. i have alway had a soft spot for the inclusion of others, nobody should be alone.
    What a stupid thing to say.

Coulrophobia is Beautiful JayTheClown's Avatar
    Post Count
    If A&M is smart (and thats a big "if") they would hire a defensive minded coach familiar with the SEC. Jack Del Rio has to be at least a wildcard option. He did coach NFL football in SEC country. He is a defensive minded coach.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If A&M is smart (and thats a big "if") they would hire a defensive minded coach familiar with the SEC. Jack Del Rio has to be at least a wildcard option. He did coach NFL football in SEC country. He is a defensive minded coach.
    Kirby Smart

no idea what to think of Del Rio, though his fire and demeanor are probably positives in the college athletics world.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    no to Del Rio.

If we could get Tressell or Petersen than I would def prefer that.

Would rather Smart over Sumlin though.

Charlie Strong is another name being thrown out alot by people. He has had some great defenses most notably at Florida.

Coulrophobia is Beautiful JayTheClown's Avatar
    Post Count
    Yeah, he would fit the profile to I guess. It wouldn't be a big splash like a Del Rio hiring, but it would be a nice choice.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Good riddance to sherman. I'm kinda surprised they pulled the trigger though. I thought they'd give him one more year. Not complaining though.

Agree that Del Rio could be a good college coach, but I the Ags would be better off looking for someone who's got the Texas HS connections. Del Rio has been coaching in SEC territory, but it's been in Florida. Not exactly an area A&M's going to be plucking a bunch of recruits out of...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Gary Patterson would be my # 1

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Agreed. He knows Texas and recruits very well.

That's the one good thing about Sumlin. He knows Texas and recruits the state very well. He brought Adrian Peterson to OU way back when.

I just feel like we need to make a defensive hire. I think Sumlin is a great coach and would do great at a place like Arizona State though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Sumlin appeals to these recruits y'all have coming in.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

patterson isnt going anywhere. he has it REAL nice at TCU.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Ok. Nobody said he was...

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think Sumlin appeals to these recruits y'all have coming in.
    He definitely does but A&M needs to change it back to where defense is the main priority going into the SEC.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Pretty much where I'm at too. Longer track record of success.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Naww they just needed to grow some balls. Should have went for it on some fourth downs, played to win instead of not to lose. Sumlin would bring that type of attidude.

Thought y'all said derutyer was a badass on d.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

He did when TCU was the king of whatever non-AQ conference they were in at the moment. Does he still think that now that he's in a conference with OU & Texas? Not saying he doesn't, but it's possible. Either way, A&M's got to make a run at him to find out what he's thinking.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Thought y'all said derutyer was a badass on d.
    That turned out to be Von Miller.

Thread Information