Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    other outlets are reporting the hornets are only going after youth and pics. nothing else no matter the team.
    Seems logical. Pretty much explains why the trade didn't happen. The NBA is probably eager to make the franchise as attractive as possible to prospective buyers. Since their goal is to sell the team to someone who will keep the team in town, they need to stick with that.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Then being thrilled with getting guys in a trade who will win you 0 playoff series in next 3-4.
    How do you know those guys weren't going to be used for future trades?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    The same stacked front court that got swept last year? My point is not to say LA would be more dominant, but that with the changing landscape you don't have to go through dominant front lines in the West.

Like it or not, Fisher was a huge problem and CP3 fixes that in a big way. Not saying it makes them monsters, but again, stating I see the logic in it.
    My opinion is that it makes them worse. My original comment had nothing to do with whatever it is you were saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does trading Paul hurt their team when he's leaving anyway?
    This question illustrates why Hornet fan is dumb and I hope you get the trade with LA that was vetoed.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    This question illustrates why Hornet fan is dumb and I hope you get the trade with LA that was vetoed.
    The team is not getting a better offer since CP3 won't sign an extension anywhere. Team had no leverage. I didn't agree with getting Scola, but getting Odom, Martin, draft picks/young players and maybe getting Ariza would still give them plenty of cap room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I do agree, dumping Ariza for NO makes sense if they can do it w/o taking on salary in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who in the West has a stacked front line they have to go through, DoK?
    Maybe they would still be favourites in the West since every other decent team with the exception of OKC seems to be getting worse/older, but a trade that makes Bynum their best big would virtually deny them any kind of chances of beating Miami unless they can con the Magic into giving them Dwight.

If the idea is to win this season, Gasol, Odom > Paul no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is not getting a better offer since CP3 won't sign an extension anywhere. Team had no leverage. I didn't agree with getting Scola, but getting Odom, Martin, draft picks/young players and maybe getting Ariza would still give them plenty of cap room.
    The team had a better offer with just Rondo plus multiple picks. Also, I don't get why people keep saying they have no leverage. If LA wants CP3, NO has plenty of leverage. If LA tries to low ball them, they just tell LA "Look, if you don't give us what we want, we have no problem letting him walk, getting 18M off the books, getting a high lottery pick in a stacked draft and you have 0 chance of getting Paul if he hits free agency so you better work with us".

Plenty of leverage.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Maybe they would still be favourites in the West since every other decent team with the exception of OKC seems to be getting worse/older, but a trade that makes Bynum their best big would virtually deny them any kind of chances of beating Miami unless they can con the Magic into giving them Dwight.

Agree 100%

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's not about a stacked front court they'll have to go through, it's the fact that their stacked front court going up against weak front courts is what won them two championships. Their biggest advantage by far the last few years is gone if they trade Odom and Gasol.

And as I've said before, PGs lose championships.
    I tend to agree, teams that have devoted major parts of their financial resources to a PG haven't won anything in the NBA since Magic, and even that was a very stacked Lakers team.

The first question when building a team is this:
    - can I find a guy who demands 20 mil on the open market, to who I can go to at the end of a playoff game and he will deliver it for me?

If you have that guy, you have done most of the work, the rest is relatively easy. CP3 isn't that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not really debating that and it's not the point. I think from a talent perspective it makes LA better, especially if they get any big back in return along with Paul. Impact, not so sure, but my point was that I see the logic with them taking their chances on facing weaker frontlines with an upgraded back court.

The other point was that the vetoed trade had a pretty high likelihood of landing LA Dwight as well.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The team had a better offer with just Rondo plus multiple picks. Also, I don't get why people keep saying they have no leverage. If LA wants CP3, NO has plenty of leverage. If LA tries to low ball them, they just tell LA "Look, if you don't give us what we want, we have no problem letting him walk, getting 18M off the books, getting a high lottery pick in a stacked draft and you have 0 chance of getting Paul if he hits free agency so you better work with us".

Plenty of leverage.
    Boston has to take CP3 without an extension. Rondo and Green and draft picks wouldn't be great since the draft picks would be low anyway. Plus, I'm not a fan of Rondo and Green. I guess it would help the team tank which is what you want.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The same stacked front court that got swept last year?
    & the one that went Back-to-Back the 2 seasons prior.

Yes, that one.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    ^Exactly. LA's stacked front court has won 2 more championships than Chrissy Paul.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I'm not really debating that and it's not the point. I think from a talent perspective it makes LA better, especially if they get any big back in return along with Paul. Impact, not so sure, but my point was that I see the logic with them taking their chances on facing weaker frontlines with an upgraded back court.

The other point was that the vetoed trade had a pretty high likelihood of landing LA Dwight as well.
    They're not that much better if Scola is the big guy you're talking about. Or David West which was rumored.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^Exactly. LA's stacked front court has won 2 more championships than Chrissy Paul.
    Ass kisser.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston has to take CP3 without an extension. Rondo and Green and draft picks wouldn't be great since the draft picks would be low anyway. Plus, I'm not a fan of Rondo and Green. I guess it would help the team tank which is what you want.
    Boston has flat out said they don't care if Paul doesn't agree to extension and that is the point. Even if you don't like Rondo, he is still a young asset with some potential and if not, he's easier to trade for cap space than a Scola or Odom.

The draft picks would be low? What do you think the single draft pick you would be getting would be? At least this would be multiple. If you didn't want Jeff Green, the Hornets could do something else as BOS is wanting to deal regardless of CP3 agreeing to extension.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much of non bold, not enough of bold.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    talks heating up again according to everyone, yahoo SI, cbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul - G - Hornets

Multiple sources reported that the Chris Paul trade is not dead and still being worked on, as the NBA attempts to save face following Thursday's trade veto by David Stern.

They're going to try to get the Rockets to give the Hornets both Courtney Lee and Patrick Patterson in an attempt to sell that Lamar Odom's age made the original deal bad. It's absurd, but that's how they'll try to package it. How this ends is anybody's guess, but we're leaning toward Paul becoming a Laker through an altered trade of some type. Sadly, if the Lakers add anything else to this deal we'd veto it from their perspective and they will too. The only thing that is certain is that we're all dumber for having gone through this episode.

Source: CBS Sports

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dang it. Stop trying to help the Lakers. I think all teams should be outlawed with trades of Laker players.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Plenty of leverage.
    the lakers have two targets this offseason but they can't get em both. if NO shuts the door then they'll go for DH and make a deal with orlando. NO need to bait another potential buyer (mavs for example) in order to gain some "leverage" in the negotiation with lakers imho

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what does the new owner think of the trade?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Done deal sons

Breaking: The 3 way deal is a done deal. Deal will be announced tomorrow morning. Too late for a press conference tonight. #Lakers

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Breaking from whom?

Thread Information