Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is like would you trade manu for dwade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Hill comes to mind right now..

Of course I'd do it, although it would really hurts seeing TP go.

Gasol+Manu is a crazy combination!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is like would you trade manu for dwade?
    Not really. But ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau would be a fan favorite in San Antonio. Yes it would ne a good trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would, but I don't think L.A. makes this trade at all. Kobe is already upset about the Lamar trade. Despite whatever admiration he might have for Tony, losing Pau would simply piss him off. I don't see L.A. making this guy disgruntled again. I think business-wise they both know that they're stuck with one another, but if the Laker FO wants Kobe to continue to give his all and help the team compete for a championship, no way they make him any more upset than he already is. [just my opinion]

Likewise, I agree with the fact that losing George Hill hurts the prospect of losing TP even more. We're all pipedreaming at this point about roster upgrades [I'm guilty of that too], but I will be EXTREMELY surprised if we make any significant change ups.

, if I'm gonna pipe-dream, I'll dream that DeJuan Blair falls asleep tonight, and wakes up 5 inches taller and fully regenerated ACLs in both knees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would, but I don't think L.A. makes this trade at all. Kobe is already upset about the Lamar trade. Despite whatever admiration he might have for Tony, losing Pau would simply piss him off. I don't see L.A. making this guy disgruntled again. I think business-wise they both know that they're stuck with one another, but if the Laker FO wants Kobe to continue to give his all and help the team compete for a championship, no way they make him any more upset than he already is. [just my opinion]

Likewise, I agree with the fact that losing George Hill hurts the prospect of losing TP even more. We're all pipedreaming at this point about roster upgrades [I'm guilty of that too], but I will be EXTREMELY surprised if we make any significant change ups.

, if I'm gonna pipe-dream, I'll dream that DeJuan Blair falls asleep tonight, and wakes up 5 inches taller and fully regenerated ACLs in both knees.
    If the Lakers made a corresponding move to net Howard, I don't see how Kobe could be upset. But like you said I don't see the Spurs making a "disruptive" move when it would clearly negate their advantage in this shortened season of having to integrate few new players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol for TP? Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure if we had another pg besides ford

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Lakers made a corresponding move to net Howard, I don't see how Kobe could be upset. But like you said I don't see the Spurs making a "disruptive" move when it would clearly negate their advantage in this shortened season of having to integrate few new players.
    Well, I see what you mean, however that's trading a great big for a great big. Worst case scenario, they break even talent-wise there.

Still hoping that Pop and RC shock the outta us all, but history still tells us otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure if we had another pg besides ford
    Manu can play pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I see what you mean, however that's trading a great big for a great big. Worst case scenario, they break even talent-wise there.

Still hopinh that Pop and RC shock the outta us all, but history still tells us otherwise.
    But you add TP to the mix with Howardvad Kobe...again, can't see him complaining.

I actually don't hope the FO makes a big move, because I think they've got a shot in this shortened season. It will require the big three to stay healthy, TP to man up and become the leader of this team, and contributions from a few key players (Neal, Anderson, Blair and Splitter).

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Before trading Hill I would have done it in a heart beat, without Hill I would still do it but I would have to think about it for about 5 seconds. Point being I think Manu can take over the majority of play making and I also think the combination Neal and TJ Ford can handle the rest of the 'PG' minutes. I think the hole at C/PF is greater than the potential hole Parkers exit would create.

Plus I think Pau is the better player.
    Manu is not a pg. Asking Manu to play primary pg at his age would be a big failure.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will never be traded as long as Pop is with the Spurs.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu cannot even log starters minutes at sg without wearing down and people here think he can play a more demanding position pg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker will never be traded as long as Pop is with the Spurs.
    Don't think its as cut and dry as you suggest. If the Spurs struggle this year and Tony doesn't step up, I could definitely see him being traded for a player and/or a pick in the 2012 draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't we just go ahead & sign Khris Humphries & get this over with already

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think its as cut and dry as you suggest. If the Spurs struggle this year and Tony doesn't step up, I could definitely see him being traded for a player and/or a pick in the 2012 draft.
    I stand by what I wrote. Pull this up when he gets traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand by what I wrote. Pull this up when he gets traded.
    Saved.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are gonna have a bunch of B2Bs and even two B2B2Bs, Pop's gonna rest Tim and Manu a few game this season, leaving TJ as your main PG. Even when Manu plays, TJ would have to play major minutes. That was not the Spurs intent when they signed him.

Joseph's probably spending most of his time in Austin this season and Neal's a better SG than a PG. Billups wants a team he can coattail to a ring, that's why the Heat and Lakers have been mentioned when his name comes up. I doubt he would come here even if with Gasol here.

No doubt, having Gasol would be huge but you take care of one weakness and create another one at PG....unless the Spurs can package Blair and another player for a decent PG.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau isnt offended or butthurt, hes scared. As long as LA holds on to him he'll be forever grateful - even if they him around and offer him in a bunch of deals.

But.. yea I would trade TP for Gasol straight up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you trade TP, it would be for rebuilding beginning with young guys, first rounders... Trading for Pau wouldn't give spurs a good chance at championship, so I wouldn't do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the "Basketball reasons" trade was shot down by the commish, I figured guys like Odom and Gasol would turn emo and request to walk. I actually thought Gasol would be first to request a trade. It turned out to be Odom, but I digress.

Now, I still think Gasol probably had his feelings hurt and the Lakeshow really look desperate to improve the PG spot (as seen in that trade scenario, where they were basically willing to dismantle their frontcourt for CP3).

TP + Dice for Pau works salary-wise. Do you think it would be a wise move?

Pau is certainly one of the best PF in the game right now (a position where the Spurs are sorely lacking), and while he's in the wrong side of 30, he's certainly in his prime.

On the other hand, the Spurs would be losing a great PG in Tony, including the instant offense and corporate knowledge. The Spurs would still need to find another PG (I don't think running Manu/TJ Ford to the ground would be an option), but there's some amenstied alternatives out there (Billups, Baron Davis).

It would be a bold move, much like people have been talking about the last few days. Thoughts?
    Given some of your work downstairs, I'm not sure if you're serious or trolling but I'll bite.

If Buss, Jr. offers up Gasol for Tony, then you take the deal before he changes his mind. In fact, if he's willing to do that you ask him if it's ok to expand the trade to include RJ and Artest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surely I was one of the most critical here with TP...I was even banned...I wanted to trade him a lot of times
    In the other hand Pau is from Spain like me....

But right now I wouldn't trade TP....it's too late......too late for us.....we are not going to win so why to trade someone who gives us a lot?

It's all about TD and there is nothing left in the tank....

If we could get Howard/LeBron/Griffin for TP it would be different but Pau....he is not the key to win another championship and we are not to rebuilt around him

But it would be nice to see TD and Pau playing together though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, in a heart beat, but I still think the Lakers are holding out for bigger (Howard) and better (Paul or maybe even DWill). With the curious dumping of Odom, I will not be surprised at all if the Lakers land Howard some time this week. Then Howard's makeover to Shaq will be complete - Orlando, Superman, Hollywood. The self-proclaimed Most Dominant Ever will be pissed.

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fisher has proven that a team does not need to have a good point guard to win Championships…Keep Pau (we like him & he has some more TV episodes to film)...Hopefully David Stern will reward the Lakers down the road for being such good sports about the Chris Paul deal…

Thread Information