Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have signed guard Antoine Hood and forward Gani Lawal. Per team policy, terms of the deals are not disclosed. At the same time, the Spurs announced that they have waived guard Devin Gibson.

Hood saw action with Nova Hut Ostrava in the Czech Republic in 2009-10, where he averaged 16.8 points and 3.9 rebounds while shooting .594 from the field in 11 games. He played collegiately at the Air Force Academy (2002-06), where he averaged 11.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 118 games for his career. He was named All-Mountain West First Team his senior year, averaging a team-best 14.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 29 games.

Lawal was added to the training camp roster after being waived by the Phoenix Suns on December 10, 2011. In his rookie campaign with the Suns last year, he saw two minutes of action against Detroit before suffering a torn ACL and a partially torn MCL in practice on January 6. After rehabilitating his knee injury, he played 10 games with the Iowa Energy of the NBA Development League, where he averaged 11.2 points and 6.0 rebounds. Lawal started the 2011-12 season in Poland playing for Zastal ZG, averaging 16.5 points and 11.7 rebounds while shooting .627 from the field in 10 games. In his final collegiate season at Georgia Tech in 2009-10, he averaged a team-best 13.1 points and 8.5 rebounds for the Yellow Jackets.

Gibson was originally signed to the Spurs training camp roster as a free agent on December 10, 2011.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trying to pull another rabbit out of their hat like they did with Gary Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same height as Dice.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    decent signing. seems to be healthy again. Suns didn't exactly need him with Warrick and Frye at PF and big holes at the wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antoine Hood, I'm going to make an assumption about this guy. Is he 6'4 and shoots threes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good scoop, Mal

Lawal was added to the training camp roster after being waived by the Phoenix Suns on December 10, 2011. In his rookie campaign with the Suns last year, he saw two minutes of action against Detroit before suffering a torn ACL and a partially torn MCL in practice on January 6. After rehabilitating his knee injury, he played 10 games with the Iowa Energy of the NBA Development League, where he averaged 11.2 points and 6.0 rebounds.
    Unfortunately, that's wrong. He played in the D-League and then tore his ACL. His only action since his knee injury was playing in Poland.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welcome to the club Mal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely worth a shot, especially if they end up trading Blair. He was considered a potential 1st round pick for a few years before declaring for the draft.

It would be wise, if they're willing to carry 15, to have 6 bigs. With D-League eligibility being extended to 3 seasons, Green is now eligible. So they could have Joseph, Lawal and one of Butler/Green playing for the Toros.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wth cant hurt to take a look lawl

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trying to pull another rabbit out of their hat like they did with Gary Neal.
    If they wanted to do that they should have went after Pargo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good scoop, Mal
    Thanks for bold

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are some videos of Lawal`s games on official site of polish league. If someone want a link, I can post it here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for bold
    This is some bull .

After all my insightful post all year last year, you grant him bold for coming up with irrelevant news only Chump would rub one out too.

What more do I have to do?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is some bull .

After all my insightful post all year last year, you grant him bold for coming up with irrelevant news only Chump would rub one out too.

What more do I have to do?
    Why don't you just use a sharpie to bold your name on your monitor. Or seek some help for your Napoleonism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw him play quite a few times in college. He's pretty athletic but at the end of the day, he has a PF's game in a SF's body. Training camp body

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call him huge, but 6'9'' and 235 isn't exactly the typical SF body. did 20 reps at the bench in the pre draft test. not very SF like either. maybe a PF in a PF body?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh...6'9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'9 is fine sure as beats our 6'7 pf's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6'9 is fine sure as beats our 6'7 pf's
    Amen.

It also beats the 6'10" 3-pt chucker, who masquerades as a PF, as well.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the same time, the Spurs announced that they have waived guard Devin Gibson....

Gibson was originally signed to the Spurs training camp roster as a free agent on December 10, 2011.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Gibson just to enable the Toros to pick him up when he signs a D-League contract.

That team will have as many point guards as the Timberwolves.

Not sure if they could do the same with Lawai, but he'd get a ton of playing time there if he's healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm tired of seeing guys that can jump. I want to see guys that do jump!! Can a Rodman type make it in today's game?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frank Hassell from Old Dominion is also said to be in camp.

Thread Information