Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pensioners on job growing

Perry one of nearly 200 getting perk and paycheck

Gov. Rick Perry is just one in an elite but growing group of 189 Texas employees who collected a state pension to top off a paycheck of more than $100,000 last year,

But under Texas law, the names of the other 188 employees making $100,000-plus and collecting retirement remain a state secret.

Overall, 8 percent of the 2,500 state employees who at least $100,000 in 2011 simultaneously collected state retirement pay,

Across all pay grades, 6,201 employees simultaneously collect pension and pay, or 4 percent of state workersthe state agency staff. In the state Senate, 25 of 623 employees get it, along with 32 of 835 employees of the House,

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...ng-3308219.php

We know Perry has appointed 1000s to state positions, the same REPUG Perry that hates and wants to destroy all govt (that's not enriching his cronies, appointees, and campaign contributors)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perry doesn't hate and want to destroy government. When he ran for president, he ostensibly wanted to run it. Limiting government spending limits governments power. Politicians of all stripes tend to avoid that, no matter what they say in the campaign.

btw, who was the last Republican to shrink the federal government?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    St Ronnie started the hate/destroy govt with his "Govt IS the problem". Along with his approving/starting the War on Employees with firing the ATCs after 2 days of strike, St Ronnie got the Repug/VRWC ball rolling the 99% into PERMANENT decline and impoverishment

The Repugs, including Randian Paul, want to destroy the effectiveness of the govt to protect employees, patients, unemployed, sick, disabled, old, young poor, environment, land, air, water, the objective of which is to permit the wealthy and corps to continue raping and pillaging their way to ever greater wealth and power.

Cutting school budget while taxpayer-expenditures to his supporters and govt cronies is how he rolls. The same with ALL the Repug governors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bet you can't back that up

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Confirmation bias precludes do entation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perry doesn't hate and want to destroy government. When he ran for president, he ostensibly wanted to run it. Limiting government spending limits governments power. Politicians of all stripes tend to avoid that, no matter what they say in the campaign.

btw, who was the last Republican to shrink the federal government?
    okay. I give up. Who?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to backup anything, just read the press and internet the last decade or so.

Many people have compiled and do ented the VRWC strategy since 1980, even going back to lawyer Lewis Powell's do ent laying out the VRWC strategy.

Deregulation, esp financial

privatzing EVERYTHING that public that taxpayers paid for (schools, social security, water, medicare,medicaid, war mercernaries)

you guys really claim ignorance of all this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    okay. I give up. Who?
    Harry S. Truman, looks like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, Eisenhower

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears that everyone is simply going with the flow tbh.

Thread Information