Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Timbers
    Post Count
    Star fire? Why they playing at that dump?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Eddie Johnson is a straight up .

Star Fire is their headquarters & training facility. It's not as bad as you make it sound Tlong. Yes it's small, but good complex.

Sounders will play the final at the CLink (if they win against Chivas)

Eddie Johnson been involved in all kinds of crap this year. SJ announcers saying he punched Zayner but the quakes video feed of the match & stuff after was just craptabulous. It's like they took an old webcam & streamed the game. So, hard to say what exactly happened. I do know there's a lot of bad blood between SJ & SEA.
    SJ got what they deserved. Especially after they say their going to put out they're best 11 available. Sounders tried to move the game a day & SJ said no. So SJ has 2 days rest & the sounders 1 day. The Sounders fielded a very different group for this one. All of them are workhorses & then subbed in a few towards the end.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I like the Sounders quite a bit but I've hated EJ for a long time now. I don't know if he threw a punch but I know he went to talk . Dude is a mental midget and could be a damn good player if he had his head on straight.

I like the Sounders quite a bit but I've hated EJ for a long time now. I don't know if he threw a punch but I know he went to talk . Dude is a mental midget and could be a damn good player if he had his head on straight.
    I never really watched him prior to this season, but starting to see exactly what you're talking about. He's done some stupid things on several occasions, so far.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    We staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Report: Nesta signs 2-year deal with Impact

Italian defender Alessandro Nesta has signed a two-year deal with the Montreal Impact. (Photo: AP/Luca Bruno)

Related

Sportsnet Staff | July 4, 2012, 7:23 pm

Italian defender Alessandro Nesta has signed a two-year deal with the Montreal Impact, according to tvasports.ca.
    The deal requires approval from the MLS but due to the July 4 American holiday, the league is unable to officially announce the acquisition.
    Nesta spent the past 10 seasons with AC Milan of Italy's Serie A, one of the top soccer leagues in the world.
    The move teams him up with a former teammate, recent Impact acquisition Marco Di Vaio. The two broke into professional football together with Italian club Lazio in 1993.
    Nesta has appeared in 417 Serie A games with Lazio and Milan between 1993 and 2012. He has also made 78 appearances with Italy's national team. He was part of Italy's 2006 World Cup-winning squad, however an injury earlier in the tournament kept him out of the final game.
    --With files from The Associated Press

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    British Media reporting LA Galaxy have offered Frank Lampard a two-year deal worth $20mil.

Thought the Dynamo were out of DP spots. Someone on the way out? Landy Cakes to Everton?

Nice signing from the Impact, but age may catch up to some of them. 10 players over 30 on the roster & 6 of those 10 at 35 or older. Lots of experience though.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    British Media reporting LA Galaxy have offered Frank Lampard a two-year deal worth $20mil.

Thought the Dynamo were out of DP spots. Someone on the way out? Landy Cakes to Everton?
    I don't buy it.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Nice signing from the Impact, but age may catch up to some of them. 10 players over 30 on the roster & 6 of those 10 at 35 or older. Lots of experience though.
    Impact = lolitaly old bags

My Team
    Chelsea FC
    Post Count
    MY GOD. TOSB Beckham.

Great to see him on the pitch again!! He & Mullen had a moment after the game & traded jerseys. Classy!

Even beating the Seattle Sounders wasn’t enough to save John Spencer.

The Portland Timbers parted ways with the only coach they’ve ever had as an MLS franchise on Monday, with the team stuck with just five wins in 17 games this season and a dismal record away from the Rose City.

Timbers owner Merritt Paulson made the announcement during a press conference at JELD-WEN Field.

General manager Gavin Wilkinson, who helped lure Spencer away from Houston after a successful stint as an assistant with the Dynamo and hired him in August of 2010, will take over as interim head coach. The team will not seek a new head coach before the end of this season, but will instead focus on signing one on a list of 10 potential candiates by the end of the calendar year, according to Paulson.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...-rough-stretch

Never was a Spencer fan. He's done nothing for the Timbers. Had he loast to the Sounders he'd have been fired then. It was only a matter of time.

My Team
    Real Salt Lake
    Post Count
    Welcome home Braun! Love this move...

http://www.realsaltlake.com/news/201...e-justin-braun

SANDY, Utah (July 11, 2012) – Real Salt Lake announced Wednesday that the club has acquired Salt Lake City-native Justin Braun from the Montreal Impact in exchange for a conditional 2014 SuperDraft pick.

A 6-foot-3, 195 pound forward, the 25-year-old Braun will provide depth at striker during the club’s impending CONCACAF Champions League run and MLS Cup Playoff push. Braun will provide depth up top for RSL during the club’s impending CONCACAF Champions League run and MLS Cup Playoff push. RSL has 14 regular-season games remaining in its MLS campaign, along with four group stage matches against CS Herediano (Costa Rica) and Tauro FC (Panama) in CCL play, which kicks off July 31.

Currently in his fifth MLS season, Braun spent his first four years in the league with Chivas USA, signing with the Southern California side after being spotted while playing for the Utah Select Team in an amateur tournament at the Home Depot Center in January 2008.

Braun had a big impact at Chivas USA, scoring 24 goals in 96 regular season games with the Goats. His best year came in 2010, when he led Chivas USA with nine goals in 28 appearances, including 24 starts. Braun also had a solid 2011, tying for the Chivas USA lead with eight goals while adding five assists.

Braun was acquired by Montreal on Nov. 23, 2011, heading north of the border in a trade that sent him and midfielder Gerson Mayen from Chivas USA to the expansion side in exchange for defender James Riley. He didn’t see much time under Impact head coach Jesse Marsch, playing in just 12 of Montreal’s 20 games and registering a lone assist before joining RSL on Wednesday.

For his career, Braun has 24 goals and 13 assists in 108 regular season MLS games. He also has experience with the U.S. national team, receiving call-ups to camps in both January 2010 and January 2011.

Braun, whose family continues to live in the Salt Lake City area, was a prep star at Salt Lake City’s Skyline High School, earning first-team All-State honors and leading the state in scoring in both his junior and senior years. After high school, Braun went on to play at Salt Lake Community College, but was not drafted out of school, playing for amateur teams in the Salt Lake area before being noticed – and signed – by then-Chivas USA coach Preki in 2008.

Braun will wear No. 13 for RSL.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Nice acquisition

I wish MTL was more patient with him

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but saw a rumor on Twitter from a normally reliable source that there is the possibility for Kaka to NYRB

Its going to be the Sounders vs Sporting for the USOC. Aug 8th from Livestrong.

highlights from the Sounders v Chivas USA last night.
    http://youtu.be/PrgwYyoPHDE

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but saw a rumor on Twitter from a normally reliable source that there is the possibility for Kaka to NYRB
    Well every ex-international star is always linked with either NYRB or LAG.

Yeah, Impact got Nesta, but that's becaus his best friend (Di Vaio) was already with us

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Becks is beasting ever since he got left off the GB team.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol at the ref making Bernier shoot the same penaldo 3 times

Becks is beasting ever since he got left off the GB team.
    Definitely. He's been kicking ass and it's beginning to launch the Galaxy up the playoff ladder.

Fun game last night! Sounders/Chelsea was great even with a 4-2 result.

My Team
    Club de Futbol America
    Post Count
    Clasico tomorrow

LA Galaxy vs Chivas USA

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Galaxy are going to smash them.

Thread Information