Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure he will have his rookie moments, but that was pretty good production from the rookie in just 13 minutes of play. He's a different kind of player than George Hill. Not taking anything away from Hill, but that's what we needed. Hope he can keep it up.

Kawhi Leonard (tonight)
    13:33
    6 Points
    6 Reb
    1 Assist
    2 Steals
    1 TO

George Hill (tonight)
    24:24 minutes
    4 Points
    4 Assists
    2 Steals
    1 Reb
    1 TO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. What we have seen so far from Leonard is that he has a nose for the ball. Keep it up, Kawhi!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard did very well in rebounding and defense. He just needs to improve on offense. He missed some easy ones from what I saw on the feed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. What we have seen so far from Leonard is that he has a nose for the ball. Keep it up, Kawhi!
    Unlike RJ who has a nose for balls.

DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY!!! YODA's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked what he did on the offensive boards. He hustled big time.What I hated was 5/9 shots were 3 pts attempts. The team took 33 3 point attempts overall and to me thats way to much. He needs to learn to drive or create a mid jumper. We dont wanthim to turn into a person who sits out on the 3 point line waiting to shoot. He isnt even a 3 point shooter!!. that being said, under the basket he looked great. with some time and help with the offense, he will be fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's gonna get a lot of steals. Just needs to learn to finish 'em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure he will have his rookie moments, but that was pretty good production from the rookie in just 13 minutes of play. He's a different kind of player than George Hill. Not taking anything away from Hill, but that's what we needed. Hope he can keep it up.

Kawhi Leonard (tonight)
    13:33
    6 Points
    6 Reb
    1 Assist
    2 Steals
    1 TO

George Hill (tonight)
    24:24 minutes
    4 Points
    4 Assists
    2 Steals
    1 Reb
    1 TO
    this trade is going to look good in a few years. we got kawhi, lorbeck and davis bertan from trading hill.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is like a bigger version of George Hill on defense with his long arms. He's also an excellent rebounder. His lack of offense isn't as a big a deal with the amount of scoring on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 12-26-2011 at 11:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude's 20. He seems so under control and even tempered. Nice to see nowadays. The yelling and whooping it up and pounding one's chest or showing your jersey off is lame and old. Acting like you belong and like you're a professional - is the new showboating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if hill did not get the steal his man made the basket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and parker had 4 steals tonight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trade can't be judged on what Hill does or doesn't do on the Pacers. We already knew what he could do on the Spurs. That's what you have to compare Leonard to.

In the short-term, I'm doubtful that Leonard will end up being an upgrade over Hill. Asking any 20-year-old to do more than what Hill would have brought would be asking a whole lot.

That said, in the long run, I'm have trust in Leonard. He seems like a good kid who really puts in the effort to perfect his craft. Plus, if the FO saw enough in him to move up in the first round in the Popovich era, that's a really good sign Leonard will end up being good. (Although, tbh, I can't really figure out how he's going to ever become an above average offensive player.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is called training camp with the assist coaches in the summer next year without the lockout

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The trade can't be judged on what Hill does or doesn't do on the Pacers. We already knew what he could do on the Spurs. That's what you have to compare Leonard to.

In the short-term, I'm doubtful that Leonard will end up being an upgrade over Hill. Asking any 20-year-old to do more than what Hill would have brought would be asking a whole lot.

That said, in the long run, I'm have trust in Leonard. He seems like a good kid who really puts in the effort to perfect his craft. Plus, if the FO saw enough in him to move up in the first round in the Popovich era, that's a really good sign Leonard will end up being good. (Although, tbh, I can't really figure out how he's going to ever become an above average offensive player.)

I started out just intending to talk about the kind of lines each player is likely to turn in. Hill is going to score more, and get more assists. Leonard will obviously pick up more boards, and has the honest length to guard some guys that gave hill problems. The point was that even though Hill was good at what he did, we need someone who is good at the things that Leonard (hopefully) will be able to do consistently.

I threw the minutes in mostly to show that it was pretty good production for a rookie debut. It's way too early to judge the trade, though. Just saying that you can see the logic in the lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure they knew all those numbers when they made the trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill had three seasons with the Spurs yet you decide to judge him on his first night with the pacers. Are you re ed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs will not ask Leonard to be a above average player. He was brought in to be their lock down perimeter defender. Maybe not this year, but soon enough. If Leanard can just be average on offense, his defensive abilty, and rebounding will easily be more than enought to offset the loss of Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure they knew all those numbers when they made the trade
    Ya think? But has there been any discussion on this forum about how we should have kept Hill? This was really the first time Kawhi has really shown his stuff.

Jefferson and Leonard are almost exactly the same size. A lot of people still don't understand why the FO signed him. If everything was so obvious, the Spurs' FO wouldn't have to come here to monitor your posts, to know what to do. Don't be so quick to piss on people.

Hill had three seasons with the Spurs yet you decide to judge him on his first night with the pacers. Are you re ed?
    Oh, . The beer buzzes are wearing off, and now the nasty drunks are bubbling to the surface. I said I wasn't juding them against each other, or on the basis of one night. But, hey, make up and then get mad about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if his projected to be a long 3 defensive weapon by using his long wingspan...umm ceiling prime ak47 filling up the stat sheet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya think? But has there been any discussion on this forum about how we should have kept Hill? This was really the first time Kawhi has really shown his stuff.

Jefferson and Leonard are almost exactly the same size. A lot of people still don't understand why the FO signed him. If everything was so obvious, the Spurs' FO wouldn't have to come here to monitor your posts, to know what to do. Don't be so quick to piss on people.
    There's more than the game. There's also the economics of not really be able to give Hill a hefty contract. You'll take a 1st round pick every time.

Spurs took a gamble with Leonard. He looked good today, but it's way way too early to declare he's an upgrade over Hill.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't think a lot of people really questioned the trade. it was a good move. the spurs saw a young SF they liked and hill was going to get a pay day soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, . The beer buzzes are wearing off, and now the nasty drunks are bubbling to the surface. I said I wasn't juding them against each other, or on the basis of one night. But, hey, make up and then get mad about it.
    I don't think someone has to be angry to wonder if you're re ed.

Let me get this straight. You start a thread comparing both players and then post their respective first game stats (for comparison purposes). Then you tell everyone you're not "judging" the players against each other and/or comparing their performances tonight.

Ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's more than the game. There's also the economics of not really be able to give Hill a hefty contract. You'll take a 1st round pick every time.

Spurs took a gamble with Leonard. He looked good today, but it's way way too early to declare he's an upgrade over Hill.

Good post.

If today's stats didn't matter, then why not start this thread before the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but if you compare his stats to the other rookies, his playin half their minutes while posting the exact same stats...

Thread Information