Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the link below Splitter is only a quarter inch over 6 foot 10. Apparently he favors 1.5 inch shoes, leaving him a quarter inch below 7 foot with those on. This is most obvious when he matches up against extremely long players like the Gasols, especially Pau who uses his length as well as anyone.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tiago-Splitter-25/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If catch-high, finish-high were so easy, someone other than Pau Gasol would be good at it.
    No one said it was easy.

Most centers his size dunk the ball when they catch it around the rim. He doesn't. He tries to bring it down and do a little baby hook shot from the waist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No kidding. He's seven freaking feet tall. Quit ing around with those damn finger rolls and just jump up and stuff it. He probably had at least three weak layups attempts either blocked or roll out yesterday. I'm not saying he didn't make a positive contribution with his minutes, just that I'd like to see him a little more aggressive at the finish.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he played good but you have to wonder what the coaching staff is doing with him? Come on he should have added at least 15 more pounds of muscle and added some post moves since he has been in SA.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one said it was easy.

Most centers his size dunk the ball when they catch it around the rim. He doesn't. He tries to bring it down and do a little baby hook shot from the waist.
    Except for when he dunks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree he played good but you have to wonder what the coaching staff is doing with him? Come on he should have added at least 15 more pounds of muscle and added some post moves since he has been in SA.
    The coaching staff, during regular season, doesn't get a load of time with each player. During the off season they get more, but they didn't really have an offseason this year that would allow it.

So, in essence, Tiago is what he came over as. That might be all he ever is. Blair certainly hasn't grown into Barkley, in his 3rd season.

I don't think working with Tiago on offense would diminish his defensive abilities. He's not a real threat on offense, but I think a lot of that is in his head. He could be a bigger offensive threat with his speed and quickness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No knock against Splitter, but even you should admit Splitter needs to learn to finish strong, not go up with weak .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No knock against Splitter, but even you should admit Splitter needs to learn to finish strong, not go up with weak .
    Needs? No. He has weak looking post moves, but it's his style, and as Americans we don't like it. He's not David Robinson, but he isn't afraid to dunk like Rasho either. The knock that he doesn't dunk is like the knock against him that he doesn't block shots. He's effective right now the way he plays. If he can improve, great, but if he never changes I won't whine about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he doesn't dunk to be honest. He dunks to put the ball in the basket.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt you could find a link to one person's post saying that.
    There were a couple saying that. There was even a thread comparing him to Blake Griffin and a poll which would have the better year last year.

The Most Sexy Troll on the Interwebs Hemotivo's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    OH NOES!

Guess I overplayed my hand.

You couldn't even find one post saying what you claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs? No. He has weak looking post moves, but it's his style, and as Americans we don't like it. He's not David Robinson, but he isn't afraid to dunk like Rasho either. The knock that he doesn't dunk is like the knock against him that he doesn't block shots. He's effective right now the way he plays. If he can improve, great, but if he never changes I won't whine about it.
    Agree, but if he can improve his offense(post moves), it will be icing on the cake. And when I was referring to his dunking ability, I'm not meaning for Splitter to try and emulate Griffin, but would like for him to learn to finish strong around the basket. Also would like to see some more arc on his hook shot, but all and all, I'm excited for Splitter getting a chance to have a positive impact for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, but if he can improve his offense(post moves), it will be icing on the cake. And when I was referring to his dunking ability, I'm not meaning for Splitter to try and emulate Griffin, but would like for him to learn to finish strong around the basket. Also would like to see some more arc on his hook shot, but all and all, I'm excited for Splitter getting a chance to have a positive impact for the Spurs.
    Agree on all points.

Thread Information