Post Count
    Ace posted this news in the fight thread just wanted to make a new thread on it.. Reem is in serious trouble and i wonder if his future in the UFC is in doubt..

Alistair Overeem fails pre-fight drug test, likely out of UFC 146 le fight

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28109/alis...itle-fight.mma

Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is unlikely to fight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight le this summer at UFC 146.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the No. 1 heavyweight contender failed a pre-fight drug test conducted this past Tuesday following a press conference for UFC 146.

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio that exeeded 10-to-1, well over the 6-to-1 limit. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

The former Strikeforce champion was among six top-billed fighters who were tested for the all-heavyweight pay-per-view event, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. All were tested for diuretics, masking agents, anabolic steroids and T/E ratios in addition to drugs of abuse.

Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all passed their tests.

It's not the first time Overeem has run afoul of the NSAC. He was granted a conditional license to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 after missing a pre-fight drug test ordered by the commission, which reinstated out-of-compe ion testing this past July.

Answering to the commission via telephone during an NSAC hearing held three weeks prior to UFC 141, Overeem said he missed the test because he had flown back to his native Holland to care for his ailing mother and wasn't made aware of the obligation. When he got word, he submitted an invalid blood test conducted by his personal doctor and then submitted urine that wasn't tested.

The NSAC gave him a license on the condition that he submit to a drug test conducted by an accredited laboratory, which he did two days later (and subsequently passed), as well as pass a drug test upon arriving in the U.S. for the Lesnar fight and submit to two random tests.

This past Tuesday's test served as one of those random tests, which also followed a fight-night test at UFC 141.

Because Overeem's conditional license expired on Dec. 31, the NSAC will not receive a disciplinary complaint against him as it does for licensed athletes. Instead, he will need to appear before the commission should he choose to apply for a license, which notably, hadn't been filed for UFC 146.

With one half of May 26's event on the shelf, the UFC may give one of the main-card heavyweights an impromptu le shot.

Post Count
    They paid Reem like 2 mil for the Brock fight. He really embarassed them..

and like dbreiden said, you have to go with Mir, he has the most recent set of wins.

we should all act surprised the guy is a clown

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm blaming the horse meat. Someone ed his horse meat sandwich!

I heard some twitter suggestions, have Hendo fight Dos Santos

Post Count
    "Next great fighter." Not if he can't lay off the drugs...

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Things are working out exactly as they should... Can you say 3-Time Champ?

Post Count
    Things are working out exactly as they should... Can you say 3-Time Champ?
    JDS KO Round 1..

Dana White pissed, lol give me a break.

Dude put on like 80 lbs of muscle in the last couple years, what a shocker.
    “It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy. It goes beyond a guy having any common sense whatsoever.”
    um...

Post Count
    Dana White pissed, lol give me a break.

Dude put on like 80 lbs of muscle in the last couple years, what a shocker.
    It's a shock to nobody. Reem fought outside the US most of his career where the testing policies are weak or don't exist at all. He played games with the commission for the Brock fight and it appears he was dirty in that one.. Not sure what his UFC career holds. The Commission is likely gonna throw the book at him when he appears..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    In US the policies are also not that gr8

When you had testing after fight the fighters easily could work on enhancements the whole camp and be clean on fight night.

Also you can look at the guys that have been on a injury break - example - shad b4 o fight.

The most reasonable and best thing to do is HRT and IMO every fighter should be on it.

Bring that level up to the allowing maximum

Post Count
    Care to extend your signature?

Post Count
    Care to extend your signature?
    Lets do it.. I am not a hard-core computer geek so i can't come up with anything fancy like you did but yes..

JDS is a horrible matchup for Mir. How is Mir gonna win? Pull guard. His chin is bad and his striking is nowhere near good enough..

Post Count
    Lets do it.. I am not a hard-core computer geek so i can't come up with anything fancy like you did but yes..

JDS is a horrible matchup for Mir. How is Mir gonna win? Pull guard. His chin is bad and his striking is nowhere near good enough..
    First of all, I'm about as far from "computer geek" as I can possibly be. I can't even figure out MS Paint. I had some guy on jazzfanz.com who is a computer geek make that for me. Secondly, all Mir has to do is slip a punch or two and take him down. Game over.

Post Count
    I think Overeem was the only one that had a shot at beating JDS.

if his B sample comes back negative the fight is still on

Post Count
    I'd say the chances of it coming back negative are slim to none. That being said, I will cry into my huge pillow if it does.

Post Count
    No chance whatsoever...

Post Count
    Earlier today it was announced that Overeem had re-applied for licensure and would have a hearing on the 24th of April to get a chance to clear his name.

A few hours ago, Kizer announced that the Overeem did request licensure but did not request a B-Sample test.

http://sherdognet.craveonline.com/in...aring-on-24th/

Reem is probably gonna pull the TRT card but without disclosure it won't matter for 146..

Post Count
    So does that mean that Overeem unfairly retired Brock Lesnar? The UFC should offer Brock Lesnar the le fight if he's willing to come out of retirement. Or else I think they should give the fight to Frank Mir and maybe match up Cain Velasquez with Shane Carwin..

Post Count
    So does that mean that Overeem unfairly retired Brock Lesnar? The UFC should offer Brock Lesnar the le fight if he's willing to come out of retirement. Or else I think they should give the fight to Frank Mir and maybe match up Cain Velasquez with Shane Carwin..
    Oh dear lord, I might just come un- ing-hinged if got the le shot over Mir.

Post Count
    This is from Sherdog. Soap opera like update what a joke..

"Kizer saying they had right to test him regardless of Lesnar fight situation because he was announced for May card in NV"

"why do you think Reem would risk applying? if rejected, banned from reapplying for 1 year. Sounds like huge gamble"

"doesn't want B tested because it will reveal same as A sample. He has some other explanation we're going to have to wait on"

When asked if Overeem will make the fight:
    "That's what I'm sensing. Overeem making a very risky move by applying for a license. Gets denied, can't reapply for a year"

"can't wait to hear the explanation. Must be a good one to risk submitting an application and risking rejection"

"With these recent developments, it's telling us UFC and Overeem are extremely confident the main event for UFC 146 can go ahead as planned"

From lehmbach's write up:

"It is important to note that Overeem's test result is no direct proof of doping/cheating. For example, on MMAFighting.com's MMA (After) Hour, Mauro Ranallo falsely stated that Overeem tested positive for anabolic steroids.
    Granted, such a high ratio can be caused by steroid abuse but nothing is confirmed as of yet.
    Hypothetically, if Overeem has had TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) just prior to the surprise drug test, the T/E ratio could e significantly."

"It's been five days since the news broke and Overeem and his camp have stayed in silence ever since.
    According to Loretta Hunt (@lorettahuntmma) Overeem filed his application and medical records on late Thursday/Friday for licensure but they were filed through the UFC, meaning that neither Overeem nor his people have contacted the NSAC, at least that we know of."

"Keith Kizer told Inside MMA that they have the right to test Overeem again before the hearing in 15 days. This has just been revealed on HDNet."

The UFC obviously wants this to happen but Reem is dirty as they come..

Post Count
    Bye Bye Overeem....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/s...nse/54511898/1

LAS VEGAS - Alistair Overeem will be on the shelf until at least Dec. 27.
    Alistair Overeem was the heavyweight champion of Strikeforce before he joined UFC last year.

By Jeff Roberson, AP

Alistair Overeem was the heavyweight champion of Strikeforce before he joined UFC last year. After a Tuesday hearing in Las Vegas, the Nevada Athletic Commission denied Overeem a license to fight in the wake of a test last month that showed he has significantly elevated ratio of testosterone-to-epitestosterone. He has to wait nine months before reapplying.

The ruling was a bit of a concession from the commission, which can enforce a waiting period as long as one year after refusing to issue a license.

Overeem's camp wanted a continuance of 45-to-60 days to gather more expert testimony to support its client's case. But after a brief deliberation with his fellow commissioners, chairman Raymond Avansino elected to proceed with the hearing.

Overeem's attorney, David Chesnoff, asked the commission to consider granting a conditional license, basing his argument largely on the testimony of Dr. Hector Molina, who said he injected Overeem with testosterone in January and provided additional doses of what the physician called "tetra mix" -- a blend of anti-inflammatory medicine, along with testosterone -- for the fighter to administer himself.

Overeem said that on March 23 he injected one of them on March 23 after consulting with the physician via phone. The fighter told that commission that because of nagging rib injuries bothering him during a press tour for the Ultimate Fighting Championship, he phoned Molina and asked if it was safe to take another dose. Molina assured him that it was, according to Overeem.

But Overeem was tested on March 27 following a Las Vegas press conference to promote May's UFC 146 event, which was supposed to feature Overeem vs. UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos. The test revealed Overeem had a 14-to-1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio, more than twice the 6-to-1 ratio allowed for fighters in Nevada.

At Tuesday's hearing, Chesnoff focused on his client's lack of understanding about Molina's injection.

Overeem said he first met Molina in June 2011, when Strikeforce held an event in Dallas. Molina worked with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, which oversees combat sports in the state, to inspect fighters competing on the June 18 event.

In March, UFC and Pride Fighting Championships veteran Tra Telligman, a Dallas resident, recommended Overeem visit Dr. Molina to address the lingering injuries, at which point Molina recommended and administered the "tetra mix," according to Overeem's team.

For much of Tuesday's session, Nevada commissioners pressed Molina for details about his work with Overeem, as well as outlining exactly what was administered and why.

The commission stuck to the basic principle of fighters being responsible for all chemicals in their bodies, but appeared to offer some sympathy toward Overeem's plight.

Overeem's exclusion from May's UFC 146 event has already cost him a large opportunity and full paycheck, Commissioner Bill Brady said. Had Overeem failed a post-fight drug test, he likely would have been fined any win bonus and 30% of his show money, still leaving him with 70% of his base purse. As such, commissioners unanimously voted for a nine-month waiting period rather than the customary 12 months before reapplying for a license.

The suspension was backdated to the March 27 press conference, so Overeem can apply again on Dec. 27. While it would be a tight window, commissioner Francisco Aguilar suggested Overeem would be eligible for the UFC's customary year-end event, which is expected to take place Dec. 29 in Las Vegas.

In the meantime, the commission made it clear it doesn't want to see Overeem applying for a license or competing under the jurisdiction of another commission.

Thread Information