Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL chillin with Lil Wayne, interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , why is he hanging out with Lil Wayne? This can't be good...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , why is he hanging out with Lil Wayne? This can't be good...
    C'mon...was just a photo after the show in San Diego with Lil Wayne and his manager Cortez Bryant

https://twitter.com/CortezBryant/sta...56783199711232

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know Kawhi had a twitter...he'd probably be the only reason "whi" i'd get one. Does anyone know if he's active on it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know Kawhi had a twitter...he'd probably be the only reason "whi" i'd get one. Does anyone know if he's active on it?
    I follow him on twitter, I think. But one thing I'm sure is that he's not active.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His last tweet was over a year ago. So, no he isn't very active on twitter. You can check it here without getting an account: https://twitter.com/TheBig_Island

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe on a Kaw-high right now

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
    Watching Finals video. Just a reminder: Kawhi Leonard was insanely good in the Finals.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
    Like, I forgot about Kawhi's dunk on Mike Miller. Holy cow. Dude was flashing post-ups, screening on PNRs, floaters, transition attacks...

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
    Just killed the Heat on the glass. Badly. Including LeBron. RT @HPbasketball: @[me] the rebounding. Mother of God, the rebounding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
    Watching Finals video. Just a reminder: Kawhi Leonard was insanely good in the Finals.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
    Like, I forgot about Kawhi's dunk on Mike Miller. Holy cow. Dude was flashing post-ups, screening on PNRs, floaters, transition attacks...

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA
    Just killed the Heat on the glass. Badly. Including LeBron. RT @HPbasketball: @[me] the rebounding. Mother of God, the rebounding.

Nice!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA

Which makes me all the more angry over Game Six. I don't want Leonard to wind up like Dan Marino, damnit!

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see another Spur getting some well deserved props!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the only guy I feel bad about not getting a ring is Kawhi. One thing is he can't blame no one else but himself for not having a ring. He hits that free throw and he gets it. I've never blamed him, because it was a close rim miss. 80% of the league won't hit 2 of 2 in that situation. He was great in the finals, but part of it was LBJ being on TP allowing Kawhi to score on mismatches. I still think if we had SJAX we would would have one more easily. Leave SJAX on LBJ and Kawhi would have shut down Wade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the only guy I feel bad about not getting a ring is Kawhi. One thing is he can't blame no one else but himself for not having a ring. He hits that free throw and he gets it. I've never blamed him, because it was a close rim miss. 80% of the league won't hit 2 of 2 in that situation. He was great in the finals, but part of it was LBJ being on TP allowing Kawhi to score on mismatches. I still think if we had SJAX we would would have one more easily. Leave SJAX on LBJ and Kawhi would have shut down Wade.
    Kawhi was shooting 60% from the line. Why would you have him in the game at that point? The guy who's normally gotten the ball in that situation has been Manu. In the past he would have closed the game out at the line. This time he was too busy running away from the ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not Kawhi's fault. He never should have even had the ball passed to him and put in that situation in the first place. Manu should have been the one taking those free throws, even though he missed one earlier, he is still the most experienced big game free throw shooter on the team and should have had another chance at taking two more.

Doesn't anyone remember Kawhi struggling from the free throw line against the Warriors? Kawhi came a long way from that series to the finals, but people need to recall that TD had to pull him aside during one of those games and tell him to calm down after he missed a free throw badly. Kawhi was almost a wreck from the free throw line at one point in that Warriors series. TD had to pull him aside and help him get his head on straight, yet that idiot Pop allows them to pass him the ball with the Championship on the line. I love Kawhi and am OK with the misses, but he simply shouldn't have been put in that situation. Pop completely ed up all aspects of coaching in that 4th quarter of game 6. Kawhi is probably mad at himself for that miss and I think it will make him a better player, but it was a tough situation for him to be put in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not Kawhi's fault. He never should have even had the ball passed to him and put in that situation in the first place. Manu should have been the one taking those free throws, even though he missed one earlier, he is still the most experienced big game free throw shooter on the team and should have had another chance at taking two more.

Doesn't anyone remember Kawhi struggling from the free throw line against the Warriors? Kawhi came a long way from that series to the finals, but people need to recall that TD had to pull him aside during one of those games and tell him to calm down after he missed a free throw badly. Kawhi was almost a wreck from the free throw line at one point in that Warriors series. TD had to pull him aside and help him get his head on straight, yet that idiot Pop allows them to pass him the ball with the Championship on the line. I love Kawhi and am OK with the misses, but he simply shouldn't have been put in that situation. Pop completely ed up all aspects of coaching in that 4th quarter of game 6. Kawhi is probably mad at himself for that miss and I think it will make him a better player, but it was a tough situation for him to be put in.
    Like I said Manu's confidence wasn't the same. In the past he would have relished the opportunity to close out the game for the championship, and would have wanted the ball at all costs. Kawhi's was the only one running to the ball. Part of that is Spoelstra outcoaching Pop and making sure they fouled the worst free throw shooter because Pop had him out there. It changes the whole dynamic if Pop puts 5 good FT shooters out there. Now it's harder for the Heat to overplay the best free throw shooters to force the ball to the worst shooter.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im watching the 2005 Finals on NBA TV, and for some reason im thinking about Kawhi...probably because I wonder if he can be the one that helps the Spurs get to the finals again...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said Manu's confidence wasn't the same. In the past he would have relished the opportunity to close out the game for the championship, and would have wanted the ball at all costs. Kawhi's was the only one running to the ball. Part of that is Spoelstra outcoaching Pop and making sure they fouled the worst free throw shooter because Pop had him out there. It changes the whole dynamic if Pop puts 5 good FT shooters out there. Now it's harder for the Heat to overplay the best free throw shooters to force the ball to the worst shooter.

Truth bomb. Wish that Manu cartoon guy would draw one of him running away from a basketball with a fuse on it or shark teeth...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im watching the 2005 Finals on NBA TV, and for some reason im thinking about Kawhi...probably because I wonder if he can be the one that helps the Spurs get to the finals again...

I want them to win one for Leonard. Too good a player...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My friend works for Spurs Sports and Entertainment and she managed to get game worn socks and practice jersey off Kawhi!! Lucky beeotch!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I think back on the Spurs finals last year, I'll remember Manu's poor play and the Game 6 loss. I don't think about Leonard's missed FT, I think about how big he played through all the games. He played his ass off and contributed more than anyone expected. He was the Spurs' most consistent player. I cant wait to see him play this season.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I think back on the Spurs finals last year, I'll remember Manu's poor play and the Game 6 loss. I don't think about Leonard's missed FT, I think about how big he played through all the games. He played his ass off and contributed more than anyone expected. He was the Spurs' most consistent player. I cant wait to see him play this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a chance that Kawhi will grow more inches? Like what happened to George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

didn't see this before

pretty much how I felt. DPG was right, that series would alter people's perceptions of Manu, still doesn't change how great he was for most of his career, but what a disaster of a playoffs. I can't believe Kawhi made that single FT, i figured he would miss both considering how massive the moment was for a 21 year old. after the series, the only silver lining for me was Kawhi's growth, which was shatted on when people mentioned the tendonitis. Supposedly even RC commented on it in that Hardline interview, which I haven't listened to.

but people with expertise like Man in Black think the issue is not as serious, and is something that can be dealt with better training. Just hoping to see him reach his potential with this team.
    Last edited by HI-FI; 09-24-2013 at 03:11 AM.

Thread Information