Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan McCarney @danmccarneysaen
    Pop - Kawhi has improved faster than anyone we've ever had.

Michael De Leon @mdeleon
    Pop: Kawhi trade might be one of the best hes ever seen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I think back on the Spurs finals last year, I'll remember Manu's poor play and the Game 6 loss. I don't think about Leonard's missed FT, I think about how big he played through all the games. He played his ass off and contributed more than anyone expected. He was the Spurs' most consistent player. I cant wait to see him play this season.
    Ever since the day he was drafted, Leonard's been better than Manu. It's sad to watch Manu deteriorate more and more every year while guys older than him still produce for the respective teams(Ray Allen).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More classic Kawhi: He's never heard of Breaking Bad.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More classic Kawhi: He's never heard of Breaking Bad.

Lucky guy, can't stand that show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and his legend continues:
    In the end, perhaps they should all take a page from Kawhi Leonard, who put the Finals into perspective with his sage brand of wisdom: “Didn’t think about it too much. We lost.”
    he is truly the sage of the team (with apologies to pop and tim)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope he's truly 100%. If his knee is back to normal he should be at Allstar caliber this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and his legend continues: he is truly the sage of the team (with apologies to pop and tim)
    no wonder I like the guy. We think alike.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and his legend continues: he is truly the sage of the team (with apologies to pop and tim)
    b-b-b-b-b-but he should be furious and out for revenge and ready to hang himself, only losers get over losses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    b-b-b-b-b-but he should be furious and out for revenge and ready to hang himself, only losers get over losses

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever since the day he was drafted, Leonard's been better than Manu. It's sad to watch Manu deteriorate more and more every year while guys older than him still produce for the respective teams(Ray Allen).

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete loons, straight out of loony toons!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My comment is irrelevant to this discussion Manu, Allen role.

But Boondocks is Kawhi's cartoon favorite for the controversial humor, views on various issues (race, politics, terrorism) or for Riley Freeman...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After his rookie season, and how he played down the stretch against OKC, we were excited to see if he could take that next step offensively, while gradually improving on D. He did just that, showing on several occasions he can be looked to as a primary scorer in a pinch, and he was at his best in the NBA Finals. Now we are once again hoping to see him take yet another step offensively. For what its worth, I'm glad he's finally healthy.

What are your thoughts on how he will fare this season, at least statistically? After averaging 7.9 points per game in his rookie campaign (8.6 in the playoffs), he brought those numbers up to 11.9 ppg (13.5 in the playoffs, and of course, 14.6 and 11.9 in the finals), while keeping his shooting percentage efficient (49.3 his rookie year, 49.4 last year, 54.5 thesee past playoffs, and 51.3 on the biggest stage).

A lot of players make "the leap" in their third year. Even though their games are different, a guy we always like to compare Kawhi to is Paul George. In George's rookie season, he averaged 7.8 ppg (Kawhi averaged 7.9). In his sop re season, George averaged 12.1 (Kawhi averaged 11.9). Last year was George's 3rd year and he blossomed into one of the better players in the league. Now, Kawhi won't make that quantum leap because he isn't being asked to be the Spurs #1 player right now. His numbers won't match Paul George. But his development can. I would be thrilled if he can put up a consistent 16 ppg while continuing to hone is skills on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My comment is irrelevant to this discussion Manu, Allen role.

But Boondocks is Kawhi's cartoon favorite for the controversial humor, views on various issues (race, politics, terrorism) or for Riley Freeman...

Riley!!! That Kawhi names Boondocks as his fave makes me like him just that much more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After his rookie season, and how he played down the stretch against OKC, we were excited to see if he could take that next step offensively, while gradually improving on D. He did just that, showing on several occasions he can be looked to as a primary scorer in a pinch, and he was at his best in the NBA Finals. Now we are once again hoping to see him take yet another step offensively. For what its worth, I'm glad he's finally healthy.

What are your thoughts on how he will fare this season, at least statistically? After averaging 7.9 points per game in his rookie campaign (8.6 in the playoffs), he brought those numbers up to 11.9 ppg (13.5 in the playoffs, and of course, 14.6 and 11.9 in the finals), while keeping his shooting percentage efficient (49.3 his rookie year, 49.4 last year, 54.5 thesee past playoffs, and 51.3 on the biggest stage).

A lot of players make "the leap" in their third year. Even though their games are different, a guy we always like to compare Kawhi to is Paul George. In George's rookie season, he averaged 7.8 ppg (Kawhi averaged 7.9). In his sop re season, George averaged 12.1 (Kawhi averaged 11.9). Last year was George's 3rd year and he blossomed into one of the better players in the league. Now, Kawhi won't make that quantum leap because he isn't being asked to be the Spurs #1 player right now. His numbers won't match Paul George. But his development can. I would be thrilled if he can put up a consistent 16 ppg while continuing to hone is skills on defense.
    He won't be the primary option, so probably fewer raw stats, better efficiency than PG. Really interested to see if his 3 point percentage holds up. My guess is probably 14-15 ppg, 6-7 rpb, 1.5 steals, 1 block as the number 3 option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love this pic of Kawhi from last year vs Cavs, mostly because of the reaction from the kid in the bottom left corner, lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be thrilled to get 16, 8, and 2 steals out of Kawhil. Obviously statistics won't be the measure of his impact, but it'd be nice to see those numbers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol Kiwi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, your cupboard is bare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those hands

If he begins to draw more fouls and create more for himself the Spurs are gonna be sick.

Thread Information