Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just stunned he shows this kind of composure so early on his career. Will he go down as the 3rdnd all time Spur to get over himself so quickly after Duncan and D-Rob?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green, Blair, Splitter, Neal, and Leonard look to be guys that can be here for a good while. It wasn't that long ago when the Spurs had no young players to build around. That is now changing.
    I think it's funny how James Anderson has been conspicuously missing from these conversations for a while now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah with Manu being out I was hoping that Anderson would start showing us why we drafted him. I know he was behind the eight ball in the fact that his first year he got hurt and no summer camp and then this year no summer camp because of lockout.

I would like to know what he did this summer as far as keeping in shape, playing pick up games? I know that Neal and Leonard were playing ball the whole lockout..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Danny Green signed in Europe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah with Manu being out I was hoping that Anderson would start showing us why we drafted him. I know he was behind the eight ball in the fact that his first year he got hurt and no summer camp and then this year no summer camp because of lockout.

I would like to know what he did this summer as far as keeping in shape, playing pick up games? I know that Neal and Leonard were playing ball the whole lockout..
    I bet he can play a mean game of NBA2k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's funny how James Anderson has been conspicuously missing from these conversations for a while now.
    I should have mentioned him. He was very effective at the start of last year (pre stress fracture) and got passed by Neal, who came out of nowhere as a small shooting guard.

The Spurs should not give up on Anderson at all. With this compacted schedule, there will likely be a time when he is needed.

He can definitely be part of this. I hope they give him adequate time to develop. The FO, in my view, gave up on Ian Mahimi too soon to save a low seven figure amount on the salary cap. Unfortunately, the light has now turned on to a degree, and he is a rotation player in Dallas. Of course he is also playing for a contract next year. A 10/5 guy on a playoff team is not a bad player.

Anderson can be a rotation player with time as well.

In my opinion, the last #1 pick the Spurs have totally missed on (that signed here and played) is Cory Alexander which goes to show how good a job the Spurs do with their player draft evaluations. That was a long time ago.

We'll see with Anderson and Joseph in the next couple of years. I think it is clear that Leonard is a player.
    Last edited by Harry Callahan; 01-14-2012 at 11:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have mentioned him. He was very effective at the start of last year (pre stress fracture) and got passed by Neal, who came out of nowhere as a small shooting guard.

The Spurs should not give up on Anderson at all. With this compacted schedule, there will likely be a time when he is needed.

He can definitely be part of this. I hope they give him adequate time to develop. The FO, in my view, gave up on Ian Mahimi too soon to save a low seven figure amount on the salary cap. Unfortunately, the light has now turned on to a degree, and he is a rotation player in Dallas. Of course he is also playing for a contract next year. A 10/5 guy on a playoff team is not a bad player.

Where will the minutes come from? Seriously, Neal fills the role of outside shooter (as does Green). When Manu comes back he'll be Manu. Green has shown he can do pretty much everything Anderson can do (which isn't much) and about 50 other things he can't. That's 3 guys already ahead of him in the rotation at his position (SG). That's not even including any minutes KL gets there.

Where will the minutes come from?

Zip it up and Zip it out. WeNeedLength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zip it up and Zip it out. WeNeedLength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm bored so I made another version:

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Where will the minutes come from? Seriously, Neal fills the role of outside shooter (as does Green). When Manu comes back he'll be Manu. Green has shown he can do pretty much everything Anderson can do (which isn't much) and about 50 other things he can't. That's 3 guys already ahead of him in the rotation at his position (SG). That's not even including any minutes KL gets there.

You're assuming that all of those players will be 100% healthy for the remainder of the season. This almost no training camp year has shown otherwise.

Manu is still out for more than another month, Neal is playing like crap, and RJ is starting to sputter. Pop is also showing a penchant for running three wing lineups with some combination of RJ, Kawhi, Green, and Anderson. There will be minutes for him for another 4-6 weeks, but James needs to get his head and his ass wired together, and I mean NOW. Otherwise, it could be another lost season for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're assuming that all of those players will be 100% healthy for the remainder of the season. This almost no training camp year has shown otherwise.

Manu is still out for more than another month, Neal is playing like crap, and RJ is starting to sputter. Pop is also showing a penchant for running three wing lineups with some combination of RJ, Kawhi, Green, and Anderson. There will be minutes for him for another 4-6 weeks, but James needs to get his head and his ass wired together, and I mean NOW. Otherwise, it could be another lost season for him.
    Neal is playing like crap: FALSE - Neal is currently learning to play a new position at the highest level and that is why his stats have declined. However, if he were to return to the SG role he would, in all liklihood, be back to his old self.

RJ is starting to sputter: FALSE - While I'm not usually a RJ apologist, I will say that I don't think hes sputtering yet. Hes had an off game or two, but no more so than Danny Green did just a couple of nights ago. His play this year has actually been pretty decent an above average for his par with this team.

Pop is running a three wing lineup: TRUE - However, many of those lineups also included a pairing of Tony Parker and TJ Ford and was before the Spurs signed Malcolm Thomas as depth. Now, Thomas' contributions will likely be slight at best. But the injury bug that has plagued the wings will force Pop to adjust his rotations, and that might mean more bigs and fewer wings.

Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Neal is playing like crap: FALSE - Neal is currently learning to play a new position at the highest level and that is why his stats have declined. However, if he were to return to the SG role he would, in all liklihood, be back to his old self.

RJ is starting to sputter: FALSE - While I'm not usually a RJ apologist, I will say that I don't think hes sputtering yet. Hes had an off game or two, but no more so than Danny Green did just a couple of nights ago. His play this year has actually been pretty decent an above average for his par with this team.

Pop is running a three wing lineup: TRUE - However, many of those lineups also included a pairing of Tony Parker and TJ Ford and was before the Spurs signed Malcolm Thomas as depth. Now, Thomas' contributions will likely be slight at best. But the injury bug that has plagued the wings will force Pop to adjust his rotations, and that might mean more bigs and fewer wings.
    Neal's bread and butter, his jumper, has seemingly deserted him. His defense seems to have gone to the same place as his jumper. His crappy play has nothing to do with his few minutes of PG play. We'll have to disagree with this one.

To me, sputtering means having a few bad games. Stalling is what JA is doing. My definition of sputtering may actually agree with your assessment of a few off games. It still may open a few minutes for JA if RJ isn't bringing it.

Thomas likely will get no minutes at JA's expense, and damn few overall. We disagree on this one, too. I like the kid, but Pop is reluctant to play inexperienced bigs. He'll be a garbage time fan favorite for the rest of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thomas likely will get no minutes at JA's expense, and damn few overall. We disagree on this one, too. I like the kid, but Pop is reluctant to play inexperienced bigs. He'll be a garbage time fan favorite for the rest of the year.
    I'm not saying that Thomas will play big minutes, or even any minutes each game. But I am saying that a reduced number of wings will mean that bigmen may end up playing a larger role (ie, less small ball). Those minutes could come from Splitter, Blair or doubtfully but possibly Thomas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not smiling, you clown, he's about to bite somebody!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But! But, I already started the Leonard fan club! Does this mean I have to convert?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not smiling, you clown, he's about to bite somebody!
    Yeah, your sisters fat ass... R U blind or just stupid? Watch this video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120113_leonard

Fire...Walk With Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, your sisters fat ass... R U blind or just stupid? Watch this video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120113_leonard
    He's just joking you idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must learn to shoot......everything else is there for him to be a superstar.
    Unlike Blair who tried to teach himself, hopefully Leonard hires a shooting coach during the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in! I love hustle and defensive players like him. That's why I became a Spurs fan. He just needs to learn to shoot 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In my opinion, the last #1 pick the Spurs have totally missed on (that signed here and played) is Cory Alexander which goes to show how good a job the Spurs do with their player draft evaluations. That was a long time ago.

We'll see with Anderson and Joseph in the next couple of years. I think it is clear that Leonard is a player.
    Agree very much on Anderson. Agree very much on Ian. Imagine having him as part of this mix of young, up and coming players and having him as part of the frontcourt rotation instead of Bonner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praise the Lord, this church is now open! Pass the collection plate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Neal is now hurt - I don't know how seriously. Bonner tweaked something tonight. Ginobili is not back for another month. The games keep coming.

The Spurs may need someone like Anderson this week - some minutes may come this week. This season more than any other teams will need something from all the bench guys.

Will Anderson get a chance? We'll see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love kl - energy, hustle and good shooting as of late. if he continues to play 30-35 min/game and cj manages to look decent for 12-15 minutes, the spurs would not be forced to rely on anderson. we have looked well pairing rj with kl on the wings and pop prefers green over anderson at this point - which i cannot argue with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love kl - energy, hustle and good shooting as of late. if he continues to play 30-35 min/game and cj manages to look decent for 12-15 minutes, the spurs would not be forced to rely on anderson. we have looked well pairing rj with kl on the wings and pop prefers green over anderson at this point - which i cannot argue with.
    Yes. Green is looking good too. It's a nice problem to have somewhat of a logjam at the SG, SF from the looks of it.

I don't think the Spurs need to bury anybody yet either.

The reason they have a pretty good record right now is the new found depth. Depth will be tested along the way this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good sign for Anderson that he didn't get minutes even after Neal went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs decline to pick up his 3rd year option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's awesome to see a Spurs draft pick to pretty much liveup to expectations and the hype within the first 10 games of the season.

Hill was pretty much a no-show during the beginning, Tiago needed about a year to learn the system, James Anderson is still a WIP, Cory Joseph is very raw. Dejuan however was always pretty effective.

Every year, I brag to my friends about the Spurs draft pick - its a nice feeling when the player is actually tearing it up during the beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good sign for Anderson that he didn't get minutes even after Neal went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs decline to pick up his 3rd year option.
    I would hate to see Anderson go so early, but it makes sense right now. Hopefully he turns the corner soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is surprising considering all the reports on how high they were on him. Not to beat a dead horse, but seeing Pop let these rookies play really makes me wonder how much success Hairston could have had if given a Danny Green type role? I think he could have performed admirably.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information