Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why you clowns still on high on anderson? dude is a scrub when his shots aint falling, he does nothing else on the court

as for green at least he hustles on defense, same with KL...
    Agreed...I'm so sick of him missing wide open jumpers. And those 3's we always hit with the extra pass or the dish to the baseline, he seems to be the only one who misses them. Yeah, he's athletic, but so was James White...he doesn't seem to have the shooting touch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
    PG - Tony
    SG - Manu
    SF - Leonard
    PF - Tim
    C - Blair...though it could be Splitter by that time... (hopefully)

RJ off the bench for a spark...hopefully he'll still be going.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
    PG - Tony
    SG - Manu
    SF - Leonard
    PF - Tim

i think pop will not break the usual starting lineup. he will probably replace rj for kl very early in the game (4-5 min).

for the record, i really like kawhi. he showed he can guard SGs, SFs and mobile, perimeter oriented PF like odom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think pop will not break the usual starting lineup. he will probably replace rj for kl very early in the game (4-5 min).

for the record, i really like kawhi. he showed he can guard SGs, SFs and mobile, perimeter oriented PF like odom.
    This. Given Pop's track record last year where he would hardly let Splitter see the floor I seriously doubt KL will stay in the starting lineup.

But you never know what poppy is brewing up in his head...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
    PG - Tony
    SG - Manu
    SF - Leonard
    PF - Tim

I'm thinking Manu may come off the bench. I think RJ should be starting, I just don't think he is gonna be good coming off the bench. I feel his confidence might take a hit if he is put on the bench. Even against 2nd stringers, I think he'll be very passive like he is right now and him maybe being the #1 option offensively from the bench won't work well with his skillset imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking Manu may come off the bench. I think RJ should be starting, I just don't think he is gonna be good coming off the bench. I feel his confidence might take a hit if he is put on the bench. Even against 2nd stringers, I think he'll be very passive like he is right now and him maybe being the #1 option offensively from the bench won't work well with his skillset imo.
    LOL in that case we are working with the soft minded punk we worked with for a few years now man lol, good lord he is such a mental f in midget! RJ is so damn soft, I miss Bowen out there spite his O at times.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are too quick to on JA.. he is just lacking some confidence atm.. this is pretty much his rookie season so ill give him a bit more time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL in that case we are working with the soft minded punk we worked with for a few years now man lol, good lord he is such a mental f in midget! RJ is so damn soft, I miss Bowen out there spite his O at times.
    Everyone of us misses Bowen. We won't ever get someone like him again. He is one of the best perimeter defenders ever imo. He pretty much does everything that RJ does this year on offense but wayyy more on Defense.
    People are too quick to on JA.. he is just lacking some confidence atm.. this is pretty much his rookie season so ill give him a bit more time.
    I'll give him a little more time too. Not long ago, everyone of the Spur players were praising him during the short training camp, saying he will be the surprise of the season. He has surprised us so far, surprised us of sucking tremendously. He can't hit any shot, not even wide open ones. He has been a big disappointment but I still believe he will turn it around(I think Pop has already lost any confidence in him this season).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He lacks alot more than confidence. His one dimension and bread and butter is even suspect at the nba level. Green has shown much more versatility to his skillset and there is literally no way even a confident Anderson is going to move past him in the depth chart at this point.

But all hope is not lost. The way Gary Neal is playing atm however he may just have a shot at sticking on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dumbest thing the FO could do is not pick up a 3rd year option on Anderson when they already signed him to a somewhat below market rookie contract in the first place.

This team is still not good enough with the young players to jettison someone who still might turn into something.

Before his injury last year (1st month of the season) he was doing a really good job and playing well.

He had a serious injury. A stress fracture is not an easy thing to get over. The lockout prevented him from being in contact with the training staff.

Getting rid of this guy before you have to is not a good idea - especially when he is on a fairly modest rookie contract.

If the FO had been honest, they would admit they made a mistake getting rid of Mahimi a year too soon.

I bet Cleveland wishes it held on to Danny Green for another year.

The FO has time to be sure that Anderson is or is not a player if they see his rookie deal through without spending a fortune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dumbest thing the FO could do is not pick up a 3rd year option on Anderson when they already signed him to a somewhat below market rookie contract in the first place.

This team is still not good enough with the young players to jettison someone who still might turn into something.

Before his injury last year (1st month of the season) he was doing a really good job and playing well.

He had a serious injury. A stress fracture is not an easy thing to get over. The lockout prevented him from being in contact with the training staff.

Getting rid of this guy before you have to is not a good idea - especially when he is on a fairly modest rookie contract.

If the FO had been honest, they would admit they made a mistake getting rid of Mahimi a year too soon.

The FO has time to be sure that Anderson is or is not a player if they see his rookie deal through without spending a fortune.
    I totally agree with you, Mahinmi is a nice super-cheap insurance big to have on the roster in case we need some size on the frontline (in case either Blair or Bonner ain't workin).

Oh wait, you're talking about the deepest position on the team, SG. Never mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the first guy the Spurs have signed in the past few years who i've really got excited about, I wanted Gerald Wallace on the Spurs since his Charlotte days but this guy is like a clone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bingo and Amen to all of this!

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    El Che is a devoted believer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I`m in. Playin great D on LBJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I`m in. Playin great D on LBJ
    3rd quarter says otherwise, most of his points were either open from KL givin him too much ground to play with, or in KLs grills

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    3rd quarter says otherwise, most of his points were either open from KL givin him too much ground to play with, or in KLs grills
    And you call that good defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you call that good defense?
    which part of my answer said he played good defense on lebron? he got beatened out there by giving him to much ground

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its freakin LeBron James vs 19yrs old rookie. 1st half was a good sign from Kawhi.

Second half was ...,yy ...eee well. If LeBron starts making his shots, nobody can stop him.

Spurs were out played, and 19yrs old rookie with his defensive abilities could help them.

But I can tell you, he`s got talent. Great pick up in draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its freakin LeBron James vs 19yrs old rookie. 1st half was a good sign from Kawhi.

Second half was ...,yy ...eee well. If LeBron starts making his shots, nobody can stop him.

Spurs were out played, and 19yrs old rookie with his defensive abilities could help them.

But I can tell you, he`s got talent. Great pick up in draft.
    his been playin like this all season, he only beats his man from his long wingspan catchin them from behind with the reach in...but thats not an effective way to play defense...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Manu's return...

Starting Lineup
    PG - Tony
    SG - Manu
    SF - Leonard
    PF - Tim

I'm starting to warm to the idea of a shortened rotation for the playoffs consisting of:

Starting 5: TP, Manu, Leonard, Duncan, Splitter (our best defensive unit)

And a bench of three players: Ford or Neal (whoever is playing better), RJ or Green (ditto), Bonner or Blair (the same).

Never have TP and Manu on the bench at the same time, and the same with Duncan and Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard was my favorite part of tonight. Not that there were many bright spots to choose from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah despite that overall very disappointing game, Leonard still continues to impress.

Thread Information