Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But! But, I already started the Leonard fan club! Does this mean I have to convert?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not smiling, you clown, he's about to bite somebody!
    Yeah, your sisters fat ass... R U blind or just stupid? Watch this video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120113_leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, your sisters fat ass... R U blind or just stupid? Watch this video

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/120113_leonard
    He's just joking you idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must learn to shoot......everything else is there for him to be a superstar.
    Unlike Blair who tried to teach himself, hopefully Leonard hires a shooting coach during the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in! I love hustle and defensive players like him. That's why I became a Spurs fan. He just needs to learn to shoot 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I should have mentioned him. He was very effective at the start of last year (pre stress fracture) and got passed by Neal, who came out of nowhere as a small shooting guard.

The Spurs should not give up on Anderson at all. With this compacted schedule, there will likely be a time when he is needed.

He can definitely be part of this. I hope they give him adequate time to develop. The FO, in my view, gave up on Ian Mahimi too soon to save a low seven figure amount on the salary cap. Unfortunately, the light has now turned on to a degree, and he is a rotation player in Dallas. Of course he is also playing for a contract next year. A 10/5 guy on a playoff team is not a bad player.

Anderson can be a rotation player with time as well.

In my opinion, the last #1 pick the Spurs have totally missed on (that signed here and played) is Cory Alexander which goes to show how good a job the Spurs do with their player draft evaluations. That was a long time ago.

We'll see with Anderson and Joseph in the next couple of years. I think it is clear that Leonard is a player.
    Agree very much on Anderson. Agree very much on Ian. Imagine having him as part of this mix of young, up and coming players and having him as part of the frontcourt rotation instead of Bonner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Praise the Lord, this church is now open! Pass the collection plate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where will the minutes come from? Seriously, Neal fills the role of outside shooter (as does Green). When Manu comes back he'll be Manu. Green has shown he can do pretty much everything Anderson can do (which isn't much) and about 50 other things he can't. That's 3 guys already ahead of him in the rotation at his position (SG). That's not even including any minutes KL gets there.

Where will the minutes come from?
    Neal is now hurt - I don't know how seriously. Bonner tweaked something tonight. Ginobili is not back for another month. The games keep coming.

The Spurs may need someone like Anderson this week - some minutes may come this week. This season more than any other teams will need something from all the bench guys.

Will Anderson get a chance? We'll see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love kl - energy, hustle and good shooting as of late. if he continues to play 30-35 min/game and cj manages to look decent for 12-15 minutes, the spurs would not be forced to rely on anderson. we have looked well pairing rj with kl on the wings and pop prefers green over anderson at this point - which i cannot argue with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    love kl - energy, hustle and good shooting as of late. if he continues to play 30-35 min/game and cj manages to look decent for 12-15 minutes, the spurs would not be forced to rely on anderson. we have looked well pairing rj with kl on the wings and pop prefers green over anderson at this point - which i cannot argue with.
    Yes. Green is looking good too. It's a nice problem to have somewhat of a logjam at the SG, SF from the looks of it.

I don't think the Spurs need to bury anybody yet either.

The reason they have a pretty good record right now is the new found depth. Depth will be tested along the way this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good sign for Anderson that he didn't get minutes even after Neal went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs decline to pick up his 3rd year option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's awesome to see a Spurs draft pick to pretty much liveup to expectations and the hype within the first 10 games of the season.

Hill was pretty much a no-show during the beginning, Tiago needed about a year to learn the system, James Anderson is still a WIP, Cory Joseph is very raw. Dejuan however was always pretty effective.

Every year, I brag to my friends about the Spurs draft pick - its a nice feeling when the player is actually tearing it up during the beginning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good sign for Anderson that he didn't get minutes even after Neal went down. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs decline to pick up his 3rd year option.
    I would hate to see Anderson go so early, but it makes sense right now. Hopefully he turns the corner soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is surprising considering all the reports on how high they were on him. Not to beat a dead horse, but seeing Pop let these rookies play really makes me wonder how much success Hairston could have had if given a Danny Green type role? I think he could have performed admirably.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is surprising considering all the reports on how high they were on him. Not to beat a dead horse, but seeing Pop let these rookies play really makes me wonder how much success Hairston could have had if given a Danny Green type role? I think he could have performed admirably.
    I don't spend too much time in the game threads, but I was amused by the complaining about Pop sticking with the young guys as long as he did. After all the years of calling for him to play the young guys, now they complain when he leaves them in too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naturally people get antsy with any type of run, but it's hard to fault them with a line up of CJ/Anderson/Green/Bonner/Tiago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why you clowns still on high on anderson? dude is a scrub when his shots aint falling, he does nothing else on the court

as for green at least he hustles on defense, same with KL...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the way Kawhi is playing. His shooting leaves something to be desired, but he's still putting up consistent points. How many times have you heard the announcer say, "... and Leonard gets his own rebound, and puts it back."? I'm always envious of other teams that have players who do that on a regular basis. Now we have one.

Sean brought up a freeze-frame of Kawhi shooting, and his left hand was on the front side of the ball. Chip Engellund will help him straighten that out, and he will just get better. Make him a little more accurate shooter, and he will ba an absolute terror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the preseason, Kawhi has really exceeded my expectations. I still find myself underwhelmed with his athleticism as I mentioned throughout the preseason but he does a lot of really good things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isnt kl avg the same stats as bowen so far...thats good enough...

at least him, green, splitter are playing better then expected...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the preseason, Kawhi has really exceeded my expectations. I still find myself underwhelmed with his athleticism as I mentioned throughout the preseason but he does a lot of really good things.
    I think motor and having a nose for the ball can be more important than athleticism. A athletic player might make a spectacular block and then be lazy getting back on defense or boxing out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard play should keep him in the starting lineup when manu gets back
    limit manu's minutes and keep him fresher makes more since
    that is saying kawhi does not hit the wall and keeps playing well

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhi leonard - last 5 games

min -- pts -- FG% -- 3FG% -- reb -- blk -- stl -- pf -- ast/to ratio
    34.6 --13.2 -- .569 -- .500 -- 6.8 -- .8 -- 1.8 -- 1.0 -- 1.0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would agree with pop that the young one is starting to figure out our offense

Thread Information