Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need CoJo, and the salary is low.
    Could be added in a trade in the future, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would he be worth a bigger contract than what the spurs are currently paying Nando next year for for back up duties? If a team wants to pay him 3M, is Nando at 1.5M that much of a drop off? I don't think so. Pass on his extension.
    ??? You think Nando will really come back?

We have 3 backup PGs; Patty, Nando, and Cojo. They will ALL be FAs if Cojo's option is not picked up, and we may be starting from scratch in looking for Tony's backup. I don't see Nando being retained. They seem done with him. Patty isn't really the answer, either.

CoJo still has some upside and $2M is about 1/3 of the average NBA salary. That's cheap for someone you can still develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its realy lay not up to Nando if he wants to come back next year or not. He's a RFA next year.

??? You think Nando will really come back?

We have 3 backup PGs; Patty, Nando, and Cojo. They will ALL be FAs if Cojo's option is not picked up, and we may be starting from scratch in looking for Tony's backup. I don't see Nando being retained. They seem done with him. Patty isn't really the answer, either.

CoJo still has some upside and $2M is about 1/3 of the average NBA salary. That's cheap for someone you can still develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its realy lay not up to Nando if he wants to come back next year or not. He's a RFA next year.
    RFAs aren't restricted in Europe. He could easily go back there.

Personally, I see it being a mutually agreed upon divorce. I think if the Spurs thought he could develop, they wouldn't have dropped $6M on Beli over the next 2 years. I think that Beli is what they envisioned DeColo being, but they think he won't get there now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cory has a good chance to prove he can be a solid backup PG in the league with Patty being out the first couple months of the season. I know some aren't high on this kid, but I like the moxie, defensive effort and year-over-year improvement he's shown so far. It's probably not in the cards for him to be with the Spurs long-term, but maybe he'll at least show enough to be a valuable trade asset for the FO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cory has a good chance to prove he can be a solid backup PG in the league with Patty being out the first couple months of the season. I know some aren't high on this kid, but I like the moxie, defensive effort and year-over-year improvement he's shown so far. It's probably not in the cards for him to be with the Spurs long-term, but maybe he'll at least show enough to be a valuable trade asset for the FO.
    His position to lose this year. No Neal, No Mills, injured Manu. If he can't consolidate himself as the backup this year it's time to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're clearly not making a long-term, big money commitment to him after this season. Tony will get resigned for big money, and Patty is making about $4M per. Any third PG is going to have to make pennies and be ok with limited playing time. Enter Bryce Cotton (or similar minimum wage prospect).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boxscore for Spain-Canada friendly:

Good game for him, almost outscoring the whole Spanish back court by himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks jyra! I'm interested to see USA vs. Spain with both Gasols and Ibaka.

Joseph may have played well, but Canada never really stood a chance with so many Scrubbs on their team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did CoJo dunk on Ibaka again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Coroseph's situation is sad. In my opinion, he is, and especially will be, a better player than Mills. But he's as good as gone next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Coroseph's situation is sad. In my opinion, he is, and especially will be, a better player than Mills. But he's as good as gone next season.
    I know what you're saying with Mills' new contract and Joseph likely to receive offers next year for more money than what teams normally 3rd string point guards, but I do think there are a couple of factors that increase the chances of Joseph being back.

First, the Spurs have invested a lot in his development and clearly like him. Second, because he can guard many shooting guards, he and Mills can be on the court at the same time. Third, when Ginobili retires, the Spurs will need someone with his ball handling skills, ability to drive, and ability to run the offense in the second unit.

I'm not saying they'll for sure keep him, but I don't think he's "as good as gone next season." Might be wishful thinking on my part. I'm definitely a fan of Joseph.

Thread Information