Years Pro: R

Info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I wish there was a vBookie on his option being picked up or not. I'd go heavily into NO. He was utter garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have one week remaining to decide whether or not picking his 2013-2014 option. I think they should do it. It's little money and Joseph showed some nice qualities in summer league and training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Tony and Manu call it quits, would Nando's and Cory's games work well together? I imagine Neal and Mills aren't long-term options at the guard spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Tony and Manu call it quits, would Nando's and Cory's games work well together? I imagine Neal and Mills aren't long-term options at the guard spots.
    Well, Tony isn't close of retiring but Manu might be. If Manu has another season plagued by injuries, he might retire next summer. For 2013-2014, Spurs would start Parker and Green in the backcourt with Joseph and Mills coming from the bench. On the paper, Joseph and De Colo are a good fit to play together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Cory. He looked very bad last year but has been impressive lately. I like his potential defensively and look forward to seeing how much he grows from here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish there was a vBookie on his option being picked up or not. I'd go heavily into NO. He was utter garbage.
    I told you Wild

You can give me props now for the former discussion we had about Cory

Joseph's situation is completely different from Anderson's . Cory was a very young and raw prospect, came as a freshman and never had a serious injury. Anderson came as a junior, supposedly ready to contribute and had a serious injury in his rookie season.

I'm glad SA kept Cory. He had a very good summer league and showed some promise this pre-season. Totally worth keep him around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, after what Cory did at the end of the season and in the playoffs, I think Spurs should give him permanently the backup PG slot and not look after one this summer. Right now, he isn't a great one or even a good backup but he should be with one more year under his belt. I'm sold on him being the long term answer at that spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd wait until after Summer League before making a choice. Nando disappointed me, but Joseph hasn't convinced me totally yet. I don't care for either of them anymore. Better them than Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say give to Joseph. I like DeColo more but for sure the round robin og backup PGs did not help anyone to get to where they need to be.

I have an idea that Splitter, DeColo and maybe even Danny Green may find themselves on an Atlanta roster next year.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say give to Joseph. I like DeColo more but for sure the round robin og backup PGs did not help anyone to get to where they need to be.

I have an idea that Splitter, DeColo and maybe even Danny Green may find themselves on an Atlanta roster next year.
    De Colo and Green would have to be traded to Atlanta to get there. Who would the Spurs trade them for?

And if you say Josh Smith in a sign-and-trade I will reach through your computer screen and slap you.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see DeColo getting any better, he's very stiff and he couldn't find his shot consistently during the season. Joseph is solid, still very young and needs more time to get better offense and handles. Splitter should be gone forever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoJo needs to stay. He's played well at the pack up PG. That said spurs need to clear the logjam at the SG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe in decolo and joseph. i think they are the fix at point guard. they're cheap contracts. they are the groom-able, and have potential. they can benefit from competing for those back up/injury minutes. they can learn from pop, experience in the system, and (last but not least) from parker. collectively they are good at defense and playmaking. they both have spurs familiarity. that's quality depth.

i think 4 points on a team is overkill. unless, one is a frequent dleague assignment. and/or a combo guard with a major wingspan. the better to play a swing position with.

i hope mills stays. but if he goes. a combo guard would be nice. or maybe a championship savy vet like billups, fisher, terry. come to think of terry and that mavs team. barea or beauboius might be good too. but not a priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i hope mills stays. but if he goes. a combo guard would be nice. or maybe a championship savy vet like billups, fisher, terry. come to think of terry and that mavs team. barea or beauboius might be good too. but not a priority.
    Billups is old, even OKC has figured out by now that Fisher is DONE, and if Jason Terry were to ever wear Silver and Black, I'd stop following them until he left.

The whole "bring in some vets" thing is outdated by about 4-5 years anyway. Our core is getting older and needs young legs around them, not creaky old ones. No more old farts.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think CoJo is a really good off-ball PG, which works out well next to Ginobili, but I don't like it if he has to create and actually play PG. He's perfect next to a high usage SG where you just need a good defender there, but hard to see it being so perfect going forward.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of agree with the NDC off-ball PG...he needs to improve his jumper and be able to shoot 3 pointers, that way he can play with CoJo.
    Another good point are the salaries, having cheap players that can actually play in the NBA is not as common as people may think.
    I would keep them both, specially CoJo (who Im not sure is the answer for PG).
    Sadly, I think Mills doesnt have a place in this team, I said sadly because I like him a lot (mainly due to his towel waiving and enthusiasm). On the other hand, be probably wants to play and stop the towel waiving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off-topic.

Just saw this one on my Facebook:

I dunno if it just me but his style, poise, moves looks CoJo for me but more aggressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio Spurs have until Oct. 31 to pick up Cory Joseph's $2.02 million 2014-15 team option and with 22 days to go they have not told the backup point guard what they are planning to do.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/...espnapi_public

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Spurs like him as a person, but it wouldn't make sense to pick his option up. He hasn't created much separation from Mills or Nando for back-up PG duties. Seems like he could be had for 2M or less in the open market next summer, even if he has a decent year. I can see this going the route of James Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the Spurs like him as a person, but it wouldn't make sense to pick his option up. He hasn't created much separation from Mills or Nando for back-up PG duties. Seems like he could be had for 2M or less in the open market next summer, even if he has a decent year. I can see this going the route of James Anderson.
    How much do you think his option is for? It's $2M...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much do you think his option is for? It's $2M...
    Right, so I don't think he will be worth more than that in the open market by a long shot. The Spurs may pay up to 2M (doubtful) in a bidding war, but if someone else likes him for more so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, so I don't think he will be worth more than that in the open market by a long shot. The Spurs may pay up to 2M (doubtful) in a bidding war, but if someone else likes him for more so be it.
    Right, but if you think his market could be $2M, you pick up the option in case he figures it all out and plays well in a reserve role. If you don't he's unrestricted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, but if you think his market could be $2M, you pick up the option in case he figures it all out and plays well in a reserve role. If you don't he's unrestricted.
    Would he be worth a bigger contract than what the spurs are currently paying Nando next year for for back up duties? If a team wants to pay him 3M, is Nando at 1.5M that much of a drop off? I don't think so. Pass on his extension.

Thread Information