Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrew Luck

47 55.29%
  • Robert Griffin III

38 44.71%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Who would you rather start your franchise with?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Luck

/thread.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    are they both white? no? then it's a pretty easy decision.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The question should be "is there anyone out there that would be stupid enough to draft RG3 over Luck"

This poll should definitely be public.

And will refuse to root for a team that spends a #1 overall pick on an afro american qb.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rgiii.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Well so far in the voting, we've had 7 voters whose football IQ ranges anywhere from below average to genius, and we've had 4 black guys.

Coulrophobia is Beautiful JayTheClown's Avatar
    Post Count
    Who would you rather start your franchise with?
    Legitimate question on another forum, but a stupid question on SpursTalk. All you are doing is igniting the closet racists. Its not racist to believe Andrew Luck is better QB because Luck played in a pro style offense in college, or has better mechanics etc....Believing RG3 will fail because he is black that is what makes you racist. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If your racist be racist, to each its own.

But to answer to answer your question give me RG3

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Why

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    because he's not a racist

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Believing RG3 will fail because he is black that is what makes you racist.
    When nearly all past history suggests something, how is it racist?

Female quarterbacks have only one less SB win than black quarterbacks do. So am I a sexist if I say that, based on women's past NFL success, Hilary Clinton would be a ty franchise QB?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    For the record I think it's stupid to draft a white RB or WR, so it goes both ways.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Also, a Pac-10 QB is usually better than a Big 12 spread offense system QB.

Parker/Nash/Wade Roddy Beaubois's Avatar
    Post Count
    Did you take a picture of yourself voting for obama and have it as your fb default?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Legitimate question on another forum
    how is it a legitimate question? Andrew Luck is the consensus #1 overall pick. You'd be hard pressed to find a GM or coach who'd take Griffin over Luck. It's not a legitimate question at all.

Post Count
    When nearly all past history suggests something, how is it racist?

Female quarterbacks have only one less SB win than black quarterbacks do. So am I a sexist if I say that, based on women's past NFL success, Hilary Clinton would be a ty franchise QB?
    Yeah man, I dont know you personally, but based on your posts on here I can conclude your a racist. You may not know you are one (which is the worst kind), but you are. You might as well embrace it.

To answer your question the black Qb is still to this day a relatively new concept. We had Randall Cunningham, Doug Williams, and Warren Moon in the past. Moon and Cunningham being the only 2 "franchise QBs" in their eras. Both QBs would have respectable careers. Warren having a HOF career.
    Charlie Batch and Kordell Stewart came later, Charlie being the only true QB. Kordell always was this dual threat (Slash), never able to grasp the QB position. Charlie struggled as a starting QB for the struggling Lions but finally found his niche as a backup with the Steelers.
    Then came the Steve McNair, Donavon McNab, Akili Smith, and Daunte Culpepper. Akili Smith was obviously a bust, playing for the awful Bengals, while Donavon and Daunte both would have respectable careers, tho neither would win a Superbowl, while McNair would lead his team to Superbowl only to fall short by 5 yards (or something like that).
    Then came Mick Vick, Quincy Carer, and Byron Leftwich. Quincy was a dumb pick to begin with. Never should have been drafted in the 2nd round and never should have been given the reigns so quickly. Vick's career is not complete and Byron's injure riddled career has slowed down but who knows maybe he could pull a Tommy Maddux and come out of nowhere.

JaMarcus Russell was the probably one of the biggest busts in the history of the NFL draft, but you can easily make the case that the man should have never been drafted that high to begin with. He wasn't that good of a starting QB at LSU. He had like 3 good games I can remember. Dumb decision made by Al Davis and the Raiders scouts.

Today we have Freeman (Bucs), Vick (Eagles). I dont count Tavaris Jackson because I never thought of him as a "franchise QB".

Yes, out of all the "franchise QBs" I just named only 1 won a Superbowl. I named 13 black QBs (in the modern era) on the top of my head. I can easily name 13 white QBs who were far worse than any of the 13 black QBs I just named. Whats my point? My point is, only 13 black "franchise QBs" has gotten a chance to play in this league out how many white QBs? If you judge a race of QBs based on that small sample I just gave you than yeah your a racist.

Edit: I missed Jason Campbell and Cam Newton. Make that 15.
    Last edited by JayTheClown; 01-18-2012 at 09:38 PM.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Maybe there's a reason we've only seen "13 Black Franchise QBs," ever think of that? There's been a -ton of them in college over the last 15 years, but the VAST majority can't hack it in the pros.

Is that racist, or just a fact?

Cam Newton shows promise, but let's see what he does now that teams have a year of game-film on him. Josh Freeman completely the bed after his one good year.

Michael Vick is an unreliable starting QB--he barely gets through 10 games a year b/c instead of staying in the pocket, the african in him takes over and starts running, resulting in injury.

Until Black QBs can win on a consistent basis--and win championships--then give me the white guy.

Post Count
    Maybe there's a reason we've only seen "13 Black Franchise QBs," ever think of that? There's been a -ton of them in college over the last 15 years, but the VAST majority can't hack it in the pros.
    hat
    Is that racist, or just a fact?

Cam Newton shows promise, but let's see what he does now that teams have a year of game-film on him. Josh Freeman completely the bed after his one good year.

Michael Vick is an unreliable starting QB--he barely gets through 10 games a year b/c instead of staying in the pocket, the african in him takes over and starts running, resulting in injury.

Until Black QBs can win on a consistent basis--and win championships--then give me the white guy.
    But there has been ateast a hundred white QBs that has failed miserably during that of the 16 (I forgot David Garrad) black QB span. Like I said the "Black QB" is still a relatively new phenomenon. In the past most black high schools didn't teach fundamentals to be agood college QB. Most black college QBs had to learn on the fly. Things are changing now that blacks are getting the opportunity to play the position. For years many people didn't believe the black man had the ability to play MLB. Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis has something to say about that now.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    calling Doug Williams anything close to a "franchise QB", the fact he's the only black QB to ever win a superbowl is only a bigger indictment of the black quarterback

Post Count
    calling Doug Williams anything close to a "franchise QB", the fact he's the only black QB to ever win a superbowl is only a bigger indictment of the black quarterback
    I didn't call Doug Williams a franchise QB.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    But there has been ateast a hundred white QBs that has failed miserably during that of the 16 (I forgot David Garrad) black QB span. Like I said the "Black QB" is still a relatively new phenomenon. In the past most black high schools didn't teach fundamentals to be agood college QB. Most black college QBs had to learn on the fly. Things are changing now that blacks are getting the opportunity to play the position. For years many people didn't believe the black man had the ability to play MLB. Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis has something to say about that now.
    Listen Sambo, I'm not one for grammatical correction, but you keep ing up the tense of this word..."that HAVE failed miserably." Don't type it like you speak it, type it correctly.

On to your point...Being athletic at the LB position is more important in today's NFL--combine it with smarts and you have a beast (Lewis, Willis, etc)...unless of course you're legally re ed like Lavar Arrington.

You can't develop the mental capacity of a player---either thay have it or they don't. Either you can grasp 500+ plays, audibles, and can read a defense, or you can't.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yes, out of all the "franchise QBs" I just named only 1 won a Superbowl.
    Are you not indirectly calling Doug Williams a franchise QB here?

Legitimate question on another forum, but a stupid question on SpursTalk. All you are doing is igniting the closet racists. Its not racist to believe Andrew Luck is better QB because Luck played in a pro style offense in college, or has better mechanics etc....Believing RG3 will fail because he is black that is what makes you racist. Not that there is anything wrong with that. If your racist be racist, to each its own.

It's not racist, it's statistically proven.

Post Count
    Are you not indirectly calling Doug Williams a franchise QB here?
    Yeah you got me on that
    But I did mention out the 3 first black QBs I included in my post only Cunningham and Moon were the only franchise QBs.

Thread Information