Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    you know what is funny, I DL from that site all the time and had no idea that they were used for pirated content. I always just used them for android stuff.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The only thing I don't like about Megavideo is that they have a limit on how much content you can view in a day. I understand why they do it, and really, I'm not opposed to it. They want to make money for providing a service, so be it.

Having said that, on some of the stuff I watch, if I wanted to pay for it, I'd subscribe to the channel that the show is on or pay for the ticket to see the movie I'm watching.

That's just me though.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    you didn't like abolut megavideo, you have to use past tense when talking about that site now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    you didn't like abolut megavideo, you have to use past tense when talking about that site now
    Sorry, I haven't gotten to acceptance yet. I'm still in the early stages of grieving.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The only thing I don't like about Megavideo is that they have a limit on how much content you can view in a day. I understand why they do it, and really, I'm not opposed to it. They want to make money for providing a service, so be it.

Having said that, on some of the stuff I watch, if I wanted to pay for it, I'd subscribe to the channel that the show is on or pay for the ticket to see the movie I'm watching.

That's just me though.
    Non-issue if you had a premium account.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is what happens when you get greedy.

Funny thing is this has nothing to do with SOPA or PIPA and people all over the net have their panties in a wad because the feds seized up the site. Even as far as already making a pe ion to try to get the site back. Just lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Non-issue if you had a premium account.
    Again, if I wanted to pay, I would just pay Showtime or go to the movies instead. Again, I'm not knocking them for it. Just saying it wasn't something I was willing to pay for.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    anonymous is ing up.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    and it won't change

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    anonymous is ing up.
    Only one of the sites is still down. Everything is up and running like normal.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DDos attacks are weak. That's all anon is doing.

By the time he plans his next attack that site he takes down will be back up and running within the hour.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    everything was down for two to three hours. what they did was fairly impressive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    http://jalopnik.com/5877749/megauplo...license-plates

2010 Maserati GranCabrio, VIN ZAMKM45B000051328, License PlateNo. "M-FB 212" or "DH-GC 470", registered to FINN BATATO;67.

2009 Mercedes-Benz E500 Coupe, VIN WDD20737225019582, LicensePlate No. "FEG690"

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM, VIN WDB2093422F165517, LicensePlate No. "GOOD"

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM AMG 5.5L Kompressor, VINWDB2093422F166073, License Plate No. "EVIL"

2010 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG L, VIN WDD2211792A324354, LicensePlate No. "CEO"

2008 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drop Head Coupe, VINSCA2D68096UH07049; License Plate No. "GOD";72.

2010 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, VIN WDD2120772A103834, LicensePlate No. "STONED";73.

2010 Mini Cooper S Coupe, VIN WMWZG32000TZ03651, License PlateNo. "V";74.

2010 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG, VIN

WDC1641772A608055, LicensePlate No. "GUILTY";

2007 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG, VIN WDD2163792A025130, LicensePlate No. "KIMCOM";

2009 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG, VIN WDC1641772A542449,

LicensePlate No. "MAFIA";

2010 Toyota Vellfire, VIN 7AT0H65MX11041670, License Plate Nos."WOW" or "7";

2011 Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG, VIN WDB4632702X193395, LicensePlate Nos. "POLICE" or "GDS672";

2011 Toyota Hilux, VIN MR0FZ29G001599926, License PlateNo. "FSN455";

Harley Davidson Motorcycle, VIN 1HD1HPH3XBC803936, LicensePlate No. "36YED";

2010 Mercedes-Benz CL63 AMG, VIN WDD2163742A026653, LicensePlate No. "HACKER";

2005 Mercedes-Benz A170, VIN WDD1690322J184595, License PlateNo. "FUR252";

2005 Mercedes-Benz ML500, VIN WDC1641752A026107, License PlateNo. DFF816;

Fiberglass sculpture, imported from the United Kingdom with EntryNo. 83023712;

1957 Cadillac El Dorado, VIN 5770137596;

2010 Sea-Doo GTX Jet Ski, VIN YDV03103E010;

1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible, VIN 59F115669;

Von Dutch Kustom Motor Bike, VIN 1H9S14955BB451257;

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM, VIN WDB2094421T067269;

2010 Mini Cooper S Coupe, VIN WMWZG32000TZ03648 LicensePlate No. "T"

989 Lamborghini LM002, VIN ZA9LU45AXKLA12158, License PlateNo. "FRP358"

2011 Mercedes-Benz ML63, VIN 4JGBB7HB0BA666219

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    He competed in the quasi-legal Gumball 3000 street race across Europe a few years ago in a modified Mercede
    Actually, that's something I'll add to my bucket list. Forgot about that. Seems like it'd be fun as , in a way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's how works. You pay for it. Don't have the money? Too bad. Self-en led asses.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That's how works. You pay for it. Don't have the money? Too bad. Self-en led asses.
    Yeah, but what the record companies and movie studios don't understand is that a lot of what we download (definitely for me) is stuff we don't necessarily want, not enough to pay for. So the options are to download/stream for free or not consume the product at all.

What they fail to take into account is that I was NEVER going to purchase the product. So they didn't lose money because they were never going to get that money in the first place.

However, there has been a time where I saw a movie and decided I wanted to buy it later, so the streaming for free actually made them money, money they wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't watched the movie beforehand online.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah, but what the record companies and movie studios don't understand is that a lot of what we download (definitely for me) is stuff we don't necessarily want, not enough to pay for. So the options are to download/stream for free or not consume the product at all.

What they fail to take into account is that I was NEVER going to purchase the product. So they didn't lose money because they were never going to get that money in the first place.

However, there has been a time where I saw a movie and decided I wanted to buy it later, so the streaming for free actually made them money, money they wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't watched the movie beforehand online.
    Blows me away how often people use this line of reasoning as a moral justification to steal a movie or song.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This is what happens when you get greedy.

Funny thing is this has nothing to do with SOPA or PIPA and people all over the net have their panties in a wad because the feds seized up the site. Even as far as already making a pe ion to try to get the site back. Just lol
    It has everything to do with SOPA and PIPA. Entertainment companies trying to keep their stranglehold on content they didn't create themselves, keeping most of the profits to themselves. They are terrified of Louis CK's successful experiment bypassing them, and keep pushing re ed legislation through their bought and paid for elected officials.

On the other hand, the Megaupload dudes were flamboyantly breaking the law and flaunting it. Of course they got caught.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Blows me away how often people use this line of reasoning as a moral justification to steal a movie or song.
    Has nothing to do with morals, it's just the reality of the situation. Having these companies say "500 million in lost sales" because someone downloaded a file will never be an accurate assessment of the situation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Has nothing to do with morals, it's just the reality of the situation. Having these companies say "500 million in lost sales" because someone downloaded a file will never be an accurate assessment of the situation.
    As a guess, how much money do you think these companies have lost in sales?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    As a guess, how much money do you think these companies have lost in sales?
    they have probably lost just as much or more money not adapting their antiquated business model.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    they have probably lost just as much or more money not adapting their antiquated business model.
    Bingo. People will pay for content online. They spent years trying to destroy sites like Napster and chasing Grannys, when THEY should have been the ones to create iTunes.

I can't comment on how much money they lost in sales as there's no way to separate lost sales from piracy as opposed to lost sales from ty business practice, or the evolution of digital media (CD sales dropping 50% has more to do with the adaptation of digital media than piracy).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    And I'm sorry, you'll never convince any logical person that someone downloading a file = a lost sale. The companies either really stupid to believe that or are simply being deceptive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    could be.

Why should that be an excuse to download a movie or song when they tell you not to?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Bingo. People will pay for content online. They spent years trying to destroy sites like Napster and chasing Grannys, when THEY should have been the ones to create iTunes.

I can't comment on how much money they lost in sales as there's no way to separate lost sales from piracy as opposed to lost sales from ty business practice, or the evolution of digital media (CD sales dropping 50% has more to do with the adaptation of digital media than piracy).
    I'm just wondering how much money you think it necessary for them to lose before they have a right to gripe.

Thread Information