Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I never mistook Blake as a Tree huger how far off was my Gaydar?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Blake is just part of the system MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Blake your still

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I ♥ Blake, he has two kick ass bathrooms! LoL!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Edited at the request of koriwhat
    Last edited by mouse; 01-23-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I suggest you copy the photo above

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Last edited by mouse; 01-23-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hopefully none of the self righteous people in here ever copy/paste any text/images/content from the www and paste it here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    My statement:

lol problem with difficult phrases
    Lol no unnecessary griping found

Rofl dead man griping

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Hopefully none of the self righteous people in here ever copy/paste any text/images/content from the www and paste it here.
    You mean like those youtube clips you constantly put up in the political forum?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well I suppose this part is true.

Not really. You could say I voyeured it or something though.
    No different than standing outside the fence at a drive in, tuning your headphones into the station broadcasting the sound and watching the movie. You didn't pay to get in, but you still got to see the movie on the screen. If that wasn't an option, you'd just wouldn't watch the movie. I'm the same way.

I was like that with Black Swan. I wouldn't have even paid the dollar to get it on Redbox, I just wasn't interested. When I heard about the "scene" I found it and watched it. Turned out to be a good movie. After seeing it online, I was much, much more likely to buy the movie than before, where I was never going to buy the movie.

That's not the only time for me where that's happened. Why should I spend the $30 it costs sometimes to see the movie in the theater, then fork over another $20 for a DVD or $30 for Blu Ray to "own" the movie? And more often than not, if I don't see the movie initially, I might never see it. But the interesting thing is, I've seen maybe 4 movies online because usually the quality is (I bought Predator because I wanted to see it, looked it up and found pretty ty copies, then say it and bought it). I tend to watch shows online and as normally is the case, it's a show that I missed and heard good things about, so I'm playing catchup (see: Homeland). Which then makes it much more likely for me to spend the money to get the channel to watch the show as the season airs.

Pirating won't stop, it will just evolve like always. VCRs were around. Then CD burners. Then DVD burners. Now Blu Ray burners and online media. It's not stopping.

What makes the matter so funny is that the bills proposed are dealing with piracy but can also be used to take down sites that have nothing to do with piracy, all based on an accusation. It's bordering on violating our 1st amendment rights.
    Last edited by Nathan Explosion; 01-21-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    BTW, what's going on is simple economics. The was a demand for a product. The product is reaching a price point where the demand is starting to drop. Eventually the treshhold will be crossed where the supply is exceeding the demand.

The piracy becomes rampant when someone offers to provide the same content at a much better (more demanded) price. If the studios would put out more quality content at a better price (say $20 for the whole thing instead of $30) people would definitely be more likely to pay for the content.

The problem with the studios is they thing throwing money at the problem will solve it. "Storyline is ? Make it 3D and try and force every movie to be 3D." "No real plot to the movie? Hire the biggest star and pay him $20 million so people will come and watch." "Can't create an original story? Hire the $20 million star and recreate an old movie/tv show and hope that nostalgia will bring everyone to the theater."

And don't even get me started on the record companies. Their ship sailed long ago when they kept pushing the same tired trends on us instead of being innovative with the business model and their talent.

Name
    Spur_Fanatic
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hope Anonymous shuts everything down.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Last edited by Heat Miser; 01-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    Last edited by Heat Miser; 01-23-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BTW, what's going on is simple economics. The was a demand for a product. The product is reaching a price point where the demand is starting to drop. Eventually the treshhold will be crossed where the supply is exceeding the demand.

The piracy becomes rampant when someone offers to provide the same content at a much better (more demanded) price. If the studios would put out more quality content at a better price (say $20 for the whole thing instead of $30) people would definitely be more likely to pay for the content.

The problem with the studios is they thing throwing money at the problem will solve it. "Storyline is ? Make it 3D and try and force every movie to be 3D." "No real plot to the movie? Hire the biggest star and pay him $20 million so people will come and watch." "Can't create an original story? Hire the $20 million star and recreate an old movie/tv show and hope that nostalgia will bring everyone to the theater."

And don't even get me started on the record companies. Their ship sailed long ago when they kept pushing the same tired trends on us instead of being innovative with the business model and their talent.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that CDs were too expensive and that they should've been cheaper. The point is you don't steal just get something you can't pay for. You don't steal a Porsche because you think it's too expensive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I don't think anyone is arguing that CDs were too expensive and that they should've been cheaper. The point is you don't steal just get something you can't pay for. You don't steal a Porsche because you think it's too expensive.
    But Porsche has a business model that allows them to be profitable. The record companies/movie studios are ing about losing money they never would have made because of the over priced inferior product they are offering. That's like me complaining about all the money I'm losing because I'm not allowed to work 50 hours at work. I'm not losing money because I never had it in the first place.

A Porsche is worth the cost because of a certain amount of qualitu you expect for the cost. A movie is overpriced and underwhelming these days, yet the costs keep going up.

If the movie is great, more often than not, people will watch. But consumers ate so jaded now that a lot of good movies get lost in the shuffle of bad movies and people get tired of paying for a bad product.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But Porsche has a business model that allows them to be profitable. The record companies/movie studios are ing about losing money they never would have made because of the over priced inferior product they are offering. That's like me complaining about all the money I'm losing because I'm not allowed to work 50 hours at work. I'm not losing money because I never had it in the first place.

A Porsche is worth the cost because of a certain amount of qualitu you expect for the cost. A movie is overpriced and underwhelming these days, yet the costs keep going up.

If the movie is great, more often than not, people will watch. But consumers ate so jaded now that a lot of good movies get lost in the shuffle of bad movies and people get tired of paying for a bad product.
    you can argue whether or not that they would've made that money. some music is only available on CDs. for example the Beatles. i agree that they have no argument in most cases.

what angers me though and why i posted what i posted is that programs like itunes were spawned by a bunch of people doing something illegal. i'm glad i wasn't a part of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Last edited by mouse; 01-23-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Last edited by mouse; 01-23-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Do you see the big picture?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    you can argue whether or not that they would've made that money. some music is only available on CDs. for example the Beatles. i agree that they have no argument in most cases.

what angers me though and why i posted what i posted is that programs like itunes were spawned by a bunch of people doing something illegal. i'm glad i wasn't a part of it.
    iTunes spawned by a bunch of people doing something illegal? Beatles digital copies have been iTunes exclusive for a while now.

Thread Information