Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    umm no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really mean it, I am being sardonic.

What I'm trying to get across is that Sean is always advocating playing Splitter more and giving him the ball more.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I don't really mean it, I am being sardonic.

What I'm trying to get across is that Sean is always advocating playing Splitter more and giving him the ball more.
    Attention Webster's: sardonic can also mean "a stupid, knee-jerk thread."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm 100% down with this. I hope he's the next head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh Splitter does get fatigued out there, but he's the only one setting great screens and doing the big man stuff other than TD21....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big deal. It's not difficult to get him out at the last stoppage just before a TV timeout, then bring him back at the first stoppage after the TV timeout. In other words, sit him for 2-3 minutes of game time, but closer to 10 minutes of actual time, counting stoppages in game.

He did this with Parker in the fourth. Could have easily done it with Splitter throughout and played him roughly 36 minutes, with 2 3 minute breaks per half. And if he ran out of gas, so be it. They weren't winning unless he played around that much anyway.

boring is a quality
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh Splitter does get fatigued out there, but he's the only one setting great screens and doing the big man stuff other than TD21....
    well if Splitter is getting fatigued that's because he doesn't get enough minutes to be in game condition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, they're the only two legitimate bigs we have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    replace Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^second it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Pop is not the problem. The problem is that the Spurs are a small market organization who's overachieved to the point of it being expected of them. They do not have the leeway to have a couple of bad seasons.

I think Tim needs to pick it up some. I know he's older, and I understand that affects him in transition, but it doesn't make him pass up wide open looks or make him stare at the rim for 10 seconds while the shot clock is running. In the past he would let that one go right away. He needs to get back to that. I don't know what's happened with him, why he's so hesitant now. I realize he's trying to keep others involved, but there comes a time when he needs to understand he's the man out there, and he has to carry that load.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tim needs to pick it up some. I know he's older, and I understand that affects him in transition, but it doesn't make him pass up wide open looks or make him stare at the rim for 10 seconds while the shot clock is running. In the past he would let that one go right away. He needs to get back to that. I don't know what's happened with him, why he's so hesitant now. I realize he's trying to keep others involved, but there comes a time when he needs to understand he's the man out there, and he has to carry that load.
    It's not his game. His bread and butter is the post play, the bank shot, physicality, drawing double teams and kicking it out. He's just nowhere near as dominant in his new role than what he was able to command from the post. And he has just declined too much to impose his will on a night to night basis on the post. On top of that, he's basically the sole paint defender for long stretches there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    elliott should start for RJ while he's at it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well if Splitter is getting fatigued that's because he doesn't get enough minutes to be in game condition
    Agreed.

Thread Information