Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just glad the majority of ST doesn't read this forum. Just the idea of that trade would spawn 50 pages easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just glad the majority of ST doesn't read this forum. Just the idea of that trade would spawn 50 pages easy.
    Inb4 the inevitable TSpence tweet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beli ayres and money for him ? I doubt it would be legal though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a great trade for both parties concerned honestly. The Spurs would get a player they like (well, that we like) and discard only pieces that aren't that enticing anyways. The Bucks would be able to trim significant salary since all of the inbound players are on expiring deals.

Why are they wanting to dump Ersan so much?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High risk / Low reward trade in my opinion, because get him will kill the spurs cap space for 2015.

Even if he bounce back and play to his former level, i don't think he will be really better than Duncan, Splitter and Diaw, who are those who play in the PO when it really matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a great trade for both parties concerned honestly. The Spurs would get a player they like (well, that we like) and discard only pieces that aren't that enticing anyways. The Bucks would be able to trim significant salary since all of the inbound players are on expiring deals.

Why are they wanting to dump Ersan so much?
    Parker plays the same position, and Ersan has been really inconsistent over the past few years. Baam asserts Ilyasova has some worrying injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    High risk / Low reward trade in my opinion, because get him will kill the spurs cap space for 2015.

Even if he bounce back and play to his former level, i don't think he will be really better than Duncan, Splitter and Diaw, who are those who play in the PO when it really matter.
    Pop's going to play four bigs as much as he can. If Ilyasova gets his shot back, he'll be a much better stretch:four than Bonner or Diaw 1.0. As far as cap space goes, re-signing Mills pretty much killed that idea. Also, if Duncan comes back, there won't even be token space available.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's going to play four bigs as much as he can. If Ilyasova gets his shot back, he'll be a much better stretch:four than Bonner or Diaw 1.0. As far as cap space goes, re-signing Mills pretty much killed that idea. Also, if Duncan comes back, there won't even be token space available.

splitter : 8,5M
    diaw : 7,5M
    Mills : 3,6M
    Leonard (QO) : 4M
    Anderson : 1,1M

total 24,7M ;
    with a salary cap around 66,5M, and minus roster spots and one or two 1st pick garantie money (2016 1st if not stash, LJC if he come), it can let a little less than 40M to re-sign parker (12-15M ?), a good FA (15-20M ?) and maybe some of green/beli/Joseph if everybody is not too greedy.

It's indeed assuming Duncan and Ginobilli are not coming back (or agreeing to come back for the min), but at this point of their career, it should be considered every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    splitter : 8,5M
    diaw : 7,5M
    Mills : 3,6M
    Leonard (QO) : 4M
    Anderson : 1,1M

total 24,7M ;
    with a salary cap around 66,5M, and minus roster spots and one or two 1st pick garantie money (2016 1st if not stash, LJC if he come), it can let a little less than 40M to re-sign parker (12-15M ?), a good FA (15-20M ?) and maybe some of green/beli/Joseph if everybody is not too greedy.

It's indeed assuming Duncan and Ginobilli are not coming back (or agreeing to come back for the min), but at this point of their career, it should be considered every year.
    No offense, but there are a ton of reasons why that's wrong. You can look at the stickied salary thread for more accurate accounts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense, but there are a ton of reasons why that's wrong. You can look at the stickied salary thread for more accurate accounts.
    no offense taken, I'm not pretending to be a salary cap guru

But i don't see where are my mistakes.

Where is the flaw in this scenario ?

re-sign parker for 4y/60M (starting at 13,5M with 7,5% raise)
    re-sign Green for 4y/29M (starting at 6,5M with 7,5% raise)
    give QO to Leonard (4M)
    sign LJC on rookie contract (1.1M)
    keep 2015 1st unsigned (<1M)
    renonce everyone else.

You have
    Parker 13.5M
    Splitter 8.5M
    Diaw 7.5M
    Green 6.5M
    Leonard 4M (Q.O.) (*)
    Mills 3,6M
    Anderson 1.1M
    LJC 1.1M
    2015 1st pick cap hold 1M
    3 empty roster spot cap hold 1,5M

(*) As long as Leonard don't sign an offer sheet, his cap hold is still equal to the QO, correct ?

It make 48,3M, and with a 66.5M salary cap, you can propose a first year at 17,7M (4yrs/79M with 7.5% raise (not sure if it's 4,5 or 7,5 here ?))
    (and even more if they let green walk)

Then you could try to sign your big name FA (gasol, Love, Aldridge...)
    then sign a vet or one of our eurostash with room exception (or part of it).
    sign 2016 1st round pick

And finally, give Leonard his extension and complete roster with vet min contract and/or 2nd round draft pick at min. salary.

What's wrong in this scenario ?
    I'm not saying that's the best thing to do, but it doesn't seem so unlikely ?

(sorry for the off-topic)
    Last edited by Kineto; 07-15-2014 at 04:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no offense taken, I'm not pretending to be a salary cap guru

But i don't see where are my mistakes.

Where is the flaw in this scenario ?

re-sign parker for 4y/60M (starting at 13,5M with 7,5% raise)
    re-sign Green for 4y/29M (starting at 6,5M with 7,5% raise)
    give QO to Leonard (4M)
    sign LJC on rookie contract (1.1M)
    keep 2015 1st unsigned (<1M)
    renonce everyone else.

You have
    Parker 13.5M
    Splitter 8.5M
    Diaw 7.5M
    Green 6.5M
    Leonard 4M (Q.O.) (*)
    Mills 3,6M
    Anderson 1.1M
    LJC 1.1M
    2015 1st pick cap hold 1M
    3 empty roster spot cap hold 1,5M

(*) As long as Leonard don't sign an offer sheet, his cap hold is still equal to the QO, correct ?

It make 48,3M, and with a 66.5M salary cap, you can propose a first year at 17,7M (4yrs/79M with 7.5% raise (not sure if it's 4,5 or 7,5 here ?))
    (and even more if they let green walk)

Then you could try to sign your big name FA (gasol, Love, Aldridge...)
    then sign a vet or one of our eurostash with room exception (or part of it).
    sign 2016 1st round pick

And finally, give Leonard his extension and complete roster with vet min contract and/or 2nd round draft pick at min. salary.

What's wrong in this scenario ?
    I'm not saying that's the best thing to do, but it doesn't seem so unlikely ?

(sorry for the off-topic)
    The most fundamental issue is that Leonard's hold is actually twice the size of his QO ($7.9 Million). That cuts cap space down to $13 Million. Then, there are a couple of little things with rounding that drop the cap room a another couple million. Then, you have to factor in the fact that Ilyasova/Young and the MLE and LLE might give the Spurs more leeway than just the cap space, especially since they'd keep Duncan and Manu's Bird rights.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most fundamental issue is that Leonard's hold is actually twice the size of his QO ($7.9 Million). That cuts cap space down to $13 Million. Then, there are a couple of little things with rounding that drop the cap room a another couple million. Then, you have to factor in the fact that Ilyasova/Young and the MLE and LLE might give the Spurs more leeway than just the cap space, especially since they'd keep Duncan and Manu's Bird rights.
    here http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...ries/spurs.jsp, i got a $7,2 M cap hold for KL (250% of his previous salary).
    Boris salary can also be a little less than 7,5M (depending on how it is structured)
    We can also stash or trade 2015 1st pick, stash Livio another year...

And above all, if renouncing Green, spurs can certainly be around 20M cap space.

If a player like love is OK to come to SA, for me it can worth it.

basically, it's quite the same as a Love for Green-Belinelli-Joseph trade, minus the fact that spurs can't used their MLE and BAE that year (but they still have room exception).

Maybe not a option immediatly as efficient the very first year, but with the MLE and BAE the next years, a Parker/Leonard/Love core, with diaw, splitter, mills, anderson, ljc, bertrans, that can be a solid contender for 4-5 years.

And this scenario is of course only in case where Duncan and Ginobilli end their career at the end of the year. If they agree to come back for an other run, it's a no brainer to re-sign them.

There's a lot of "if", of course, but imho, it's maybe a more ambitious plan than go after 2nd string player like Young or Ilyasova.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strong > Hard

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't that completely contradict the previous statement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports journalism delivered 140 characters at a time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily. Rather, it implies discord within the organization. The team wants/wanted to shop him, but some in the organization really want to keep him. From what we've heard previously, Kidd likes Ilyasova and wants to keep him. I think, then, that the Bucks' GM is the one who wants to move him.

Just power-play number 2 by Kidd since coming to Milwaukee. I can't believe they traded picks for that poison.

Thread Information