2011-12: $ 2,541,000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude's ing awful. Maybe in 2k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks wanted any 1st round pick, even late ones, for him before the start of the season. If the Spurs really wanted him and saw him as our starting PF, he would be here by now.
    I doubt he stays in the NBA after his contract expires

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to match salaries.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he does have some upside left and could be a pretty decent 3rd or 4th man in a big rotation. I like him since his Barca days.
    he isn't starter material, but in the Bonner role he could deliver a lot more than Matt does IMO. at least he is the much better rebounder.
    anyway, the numbers game is somehow tricky, unless the Bucks take Bonner (what they won't do).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes an unrestricted free agent this offseason. If we want him we can probably sign him on the cheap at that time. Giving up any real assets (to include a future 1st) is probably silly.

Now, if we could dump an undesirable for him (say, Matty Bonner) then maybe. But I'd say the chances of that are about as likely as me being the Euroleague MVP this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes an unrestricted free agent this offseason. If we want him we can probably sign him on the cheap at that time. Giving up any real assets (to include a future 1st) is probably silly.

Now, if we could dump an undesirable for him (say, Matty Bonner) then maybe. But I'd say the chances of that are about as likely as me being the Euroleague MVP this season.
    idk, is your name Tango Splinter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, that will be the more realistic scenario.

btw. Ilyasova had 19 rebounds last night in the Bucks win over the Rockets. just saying. (he averages 13.2 rebounds per 40 minutes this season)
    makes 37% of his 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ilyasova for Anderson and Blair works salary wise.

Spurs might do it if they think Ilyasova is better than Blair.
    Bucks might do it because Blair has a better contract.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely an option. Solves any floor spacing issues of a Tiago Blair Combo, and would probably ensure Tim or Tiago on the court at all times(Even Pop can't opt for that much floor spacing)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs wanted to get both SJAX and Ilyasova:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6ow8z3h or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7cf78l6

and unless something changes, just a matter of time before SJAX is traded because he hasn't played 3 out of the past 4 games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks aint taking Jefferson back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy game is fkn good, he plays like dirk shooting wise...good cog within a system...

take him over blair, rj, bonner, anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the guy is honest. No BS about wanting to play for a winner:

“When I look at it I have to remember that it’s a business,” said Ilyasova. “Some teams overseas wanted to buyout my contract but I wanted to finish this season in the NBA. This is where I want to be right now, but we will see what happens in the future. Financially, whoever pays me more will be the team that I decide to sign with.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/ersan-ilya...uropean-demand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ist's not that he didn't offer something in return.
    last night 17 points, 16 rebounds.
    I think one team will pay him the full MLE and that number might be enough, to keep him in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ist's not that he didn't offer something in return.
    last night 17 points, 16 rebounds.
    I think one team will pay him the full MLE and that number might be enough, to keep him in the NBA.
    He offers plenty in return and I have no doubt that he will receive full MLE offers and maybe more.

Just pointing out that he's honest about the following the money. So many players go through this emo BS about other factors and then ST posters delude themselves that these decisions are about anything other than the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His numbers are inflated some with Bogut out. I like him but I dont think he's as good as people are making him out to be. I would be surprised, even with how bigs are overpayed, if he gets more than 1 full MLE offer.

Drew Gooden is constantly putting up 15-17 points & 7-12 rebs in that system right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His numbers are inflated some with Bogut out. I like him but I dont think he's as good as people are making him out to be. I would be surprised, even with how bigs are overpayed, if he gets more than 1 full MLE offer.

Drew Gooden is constantly putting up 15-17 points & 7-12 rebs in that system right now.
    And got the full MLE when it was 5/32. Ilyasova will get multiple offers at 4/21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Drew is doing it consistently, Ersan is not. He hasn't made any significant jumps since he signed his 3 year, 7M (last year is only 400K guaranteed) deal in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Drew is doing it consistently, Ersan is not. He hasn't made any significant jumps since he signed his 3 year, 7M (last year is only 400K guaranteed) deal in my opinion.
    There's a difference between "deserving" the offers and getting the offers. Most of those RFA bigs are going to be seen as unobtainable by teams that only have the MLE. Ilyasova will become an available, obtainable target. Supply and demand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, which is why I didn't say it won't happen, I said I would be surprised if it did. I guess we'll find out. I think with how things are changing due to the CBA, you will see less of what you describe (it won't be cut out completely obviously). He will be an attainable target only because he won't command the full MLE in my opinion and he's a decent bench big. It wouldn't be a shocker if he gets a full MLE offer because of what you say, but I just don't see it.

Bigs are always valuable and overpaid (see Petro) and Ersan still only commanded a 3 year/7M deal. For him to jump from that to 4/21 would be huge for no real improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, which is why I didn't say it won't happen, I said I would be surprised if it did. I guess we'll find out. I think with how things are changing due to the CBA, you will see less of what you describe (it won't be cut out completely obviously). He will be an attainable target only because he won't command the full MLE in my opinion and he's a decent bench big. It wouldn't be a shocker if he gets a full MLE offer because of what you say, but I just don't see it.

Bigs are always valuable and overpaid (see Petro) and Ersan still only commanded a 3 year/7M deal. For him to jump from that to 4/21 would be huge for no real improvement.
    If NBA economics were rational, that would be true. Last week, Jeremy Lin was one day from going back to the D-League and a D-League salary. If he was on the market today who knows what he could get.

Ilyasova, IMO, will command the full MLE even if his production remains exactly what it is right now, but we'll see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Initially, I wouldn't think that the Bucks would take Jefferson's contract but now, they are desperate to get rid of Sjax so it may be workable. First, Jefferson, whatever you may think of him, is a character guy and second, it provides the bucks with a better shooter. The Bucks don't have many trade avenues for Sjax so this may be the best deal they could get in the open market.

For us, it would bring added toughness to the team and since Sjax once played under Pop, he knows what's expected. Ilyasova is a prototypical Spurs player, smart and tough. Also, as an added bonus, we get rid of the 2 players that Spurs fans detest the most with RJ and Blair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about this the more I'm intrigued. I'm not sure I even want to consider the Stephen Jackson angle...but a trade purely for Ersan might be a nice darkhorse move.

Do you think the Bucks would take Blair/Anderson for Ilyasova? Obviously the "our first for your second" concept sweetens the pot a decent amount, but you'd like to preserve that pick if possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about this the more I'm intrigued. I'm not sure I even want to consider the Stephen Jackson angle...but a trade purely for Ersan might be a nice darkhorse move.

Do you think the Bucks would take Blair/Anderson for Ilyasova? Obviously the "our first for your second" concept sweetens the pot a decent amount, but you'd like to preserve that pick if possible.
    I just cannot see the Bucks dealing one of there best young assets for chump change..They have plenty of cap room next season to sign Ilysova and to also start woking on a contract for Jennings. Jennings and Illysova are 2 pretty solid players and I just cannot see them moving either one.

Thread Information