Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...fractured-foot

Reminds me of Duncan's peak 2003 year, one of the few lone star les, one of the most incredible individual performances ever, but was played 40 minutes a game and never recovered from there. Developed nagging injuries and really struggled vs Shaq/Malone in 04, Wallace brothers in 05.

Was last season's MVP performance as good as it gets for Durant? He simply ran out of gas by the playoffs. With an injury like this, most likely he won't be 100% in post season.

Westbrook carrying the team solo will also put more stress onto his body, and will most likely trigger injuries as well.

Spurs own health is of course the biggest concern, but a lead in record over OKC will help tremendously, Pop will be able to strategically forfeit games to keep everyone as fresh as it can be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better now than midseason/late season, they will be fine.

but HCA may be lost because of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear. He seems to me like a good guy so I hope he recovers soon enough. Regardless, we can whip the Thunders ass with him at full strength.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to root for injuries because it sucks when it happens to us.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will probably missed 6-8 weeks?

He will still made the All-Stars team,all nba first team and be 100% ready in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better now than midseason/late season, they will be fine.

but HCA may be lost because of it.
    Important to note. At the least, it gives the Spurs a little more cushion to rest guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is actually much worse than losing Westchuck last year. When he went down, they subtracted a seriously inefficient offensive player. Even at grossly inflated usage numbers, Durant had good numbers. Westchuck will be awful trying to carry them with Durant out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh . I just looked up "Jones" fracture. It's the dreaded 5th metatarsal fracture that derails careers.

I almost feel bad for OKC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost Kawhi for five weeks last year and really struggled. 54-11 in games with him (excluding the OKC game where he went down), and 8-8 in games without him and obviously the loss in that OKC game.

Now take Durant out of the mix for OKC and all of the sudden defenses can key in on Westbrook while making sure Ibaka doesn't get too many open 15 footers and they're going to be in big trouble through early December (18 games over the next 50 calendar days). You don't wish ill on anyone, but this will be a golden opportunity for the Spurs to create some breathing room in the West.

After a New Orleans game on 12/2, OKC has an easy stretch with Philly / Detroit / Milwaukee before a Thursday TNT game with Cleveland on 12/11. I'd imagine this is the game he'll be back, if not for a few minutes in the prior few games to get his legs back under him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh . I just looked up "Jones" fracture. It's the dreaded 5th metatarsal fracture that derails careers.

I feel bad for the Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost Kawhi for five weeks last year and really struggled. 54-11 in games with him (excluding the OKC game where he went down), and 8-8 in games without him and obviously the loss in that OKC game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc will be fine

6-8 weeks... Back in December, they have the roster to survive without him. Durant complained a lot regarding fatigue... It's gonna be a long break that will be beneficial in the long run. Fractures heal well, better that than a ligament

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else sort of surprised by how many players have been injured so far this year? It's like the NFL.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Which careers has it derailed? I'm not familiar at all with this injury. When I think of career killing injuries I think of bad meniscus tears like Webber and Roy, stress fractures in the feet like Walton, Ilgauskas, and Yao, and achilles tears like with Billups and Bryant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc will be fine

6-8 weeks... Back in December, they have the roster to survive without him. Durant complained a lot regarding fatigue... It's gonna be a long break that will be beneficial in the long run. Fractures heal well, better that than a ligament
    They might drop down to atleast the 4th seed though with this. West is stacked and Durant will not be 100% back so there goes their HCA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which careers has it derailed? I'm not familiar at all with this injury. When I think of career killing injuries I think of bad meniscus tears like Webber and Roy, stress fractures in the feet like Walton, Ilgauskas, and Yao, and achilles tears like with Billups and Bryant.
    Yao and Walton had fifth-metatarsal injuries. So did Outlaw, Roddy B, Damion James. I just bumped timvp's post on the matter from a couple of years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Anderson, Roddy Beaubois. Neither ever really recovered, in spite of the fact that they played for a while after their "recovery period". Martell Webster took a couple of YEARS to really come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I refuse to root for injuries because it sucks when it happens to us.
    I agree. As much as I don't like the thunderefs, you're a pretty big if you root for injuries. That being said, I wouldn't mind it if he took the year off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Martell Webster took a couple of YEARS to really come back.
    And he's apparently planning on retiring at the end of his contract because of injuries. Who knows how this is going to affect KD's game of being a seven-foot beanpole jump-shooter? There's a lot of uncertainty here, but it's not nearly as routine as the media is making it out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do not like him being injured, but it will be interesting how they do with Russ as the #1 (because thats what he wants if he is honest) ... it will give the Spurs a godd chance to get some space between them and OKC ... hope Durant will be fine in the long run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to rack up the wins early.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yao and Walton had fifth-metatarsal injuries. So did Outlaw, Roddy B, Damion James. I just bumped timvp's post on the matter from a couple of years ago.
    James Anderson, Roddy Beaubois. Neither ever really recovered, in spite of the fact that they played for a while after their "recovery period". Martell Webster took a couple of YEARS to really come back.
    Thanks. Wow, that sucks for Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad luck for Durant. If it's going to happen, this is the time of season you want it to happen, but unfortunate for OKC. Hope he is able to come back strong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this why he left USA basketball before the FIBA championships???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this why he left USA basketball before the FIBA championships???
    I was thinking the same thing. Reading up on it, rest is the first protocol.

Thread Information