Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    Calling out GSP and being unable to beat somebody like Condit. Where's the "superhuman" cardio and "top-flight" boxing that Diaz fans are talking about?

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    Um, with all fairness to Diaz, it's hard for his top level boxing to shine when his opponents aren't trapped against the cage and under the belief that they can actually KO him.

Post Count
    I've always laughed my ass off about people exaggerating Diaz's "boxing" skills. All he does is press a guy in the fence and unload a barrage of punches. Condit just showing everyone how to beat this punk.

Even GSP thought otherwise!
    “I [was] very nervous that Carlos Condit [would] win”
    kick, duck & bail shouldnt be awarded victory... its MMA not boxing!

Post Count

aren't you a Diaz fan? Do you really think that quote makes him look like the better fighter?

GSP is probably thinking that's the same way he would've beat him, except with more accuracy in his punches and kicks.

I think GSP is still the better fighter, but Diaz got his ass kicked. You don't get points by getting fighters away from the cage.

aren't you a Diaz fan? Do you really think that quote makes him look like the better fighter?

GSP is probably thinking that's the same way he would've beat him, except with more accuracy in his punches and kicks.

I think GSP is still the better fighter, but Diaz got his ass kicked. You don't get points by getting fighters away from the cage.
    Not a Diaz fan or fan of anyone really! I wanted to see a FIGHT not a kick & back pedal!

Post Count
    And the retirement speech.. Nick your only 28 yeah i buy that you are retiring..

Post Count
    Diaz didn't adjust, and he had 25 minutes to KO and talk in the middle of the ring. Other than round 5 and that combo in Rd 2, he was nuetralized. He didn't do anything to set himself apart in the fight...Condit showed cardio we didn't know he had, and discipline that NO ONE who fights Diaz uses.

But props to Diaz, he was very respectful in his own way. He's not done, don't worry.

He's not done, don't worry.
    yeah, once his mind clears he'll be back.

Post Count
    Oh, and just keep in mind...Nick complained in Strikeforce about fighting nothing but dude's that wanted to knock him out, guys without strategy and then he also complains about lay and pray. So that's what makes it so funny to watch him complain about getting outstriked in a technical fight.

Post Count
    yeah, once his mind clears he'll be back.
    I saw nothing that tells me he can't beat Condit.. He just needs to pile the pressure on the whole fight.. Diaz never tires nomatter how active he is..

If the guy doing the "kicking, ducking, and bailing" also landed plenty of punches and went for the KO countless times...and considering the other guy pursues NON STOP only to throw whenever he'd get the other against the cage, I'd say that should be awarded

If the guy doing the "kicking, ducking, and bailing" also landed plenty of punches and went for the KO countless times...and considering the other guy pursues NON STOP only to throw whenever he'd get the other against the cage, I'd say that should be awarded
    Diaz landed more punches, Carlos landed more kicks.
    Condit seemed like he had a "go for points" strategy, which is why it should be dropped & have the fighters fight... which is what theyre supposed do to.
    They should have a never endin round, like they used to! That way the fighters decide not judges... or at least for le fights.

Post Count
    Seemed like a butthurt post-fight speech tbh.....

diaz will be back...his demeanor screams psycho and if he wasn't fighting in an mma match he would probably murder someone...

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    MMA is MMA not a streetfight

Carlos was able to avoid the strongest points of Diaz game and exploit his weaknesses.
    That's mma

I find it odd that Condit won a unanimous decision considering (even the media and members here said) he started off slow and wasn't till around 3 where he started landing more quanity/quality of shots on Diaz. I gave rounds 1 and either 2 or 3 to Diaz, Condit round 4, Diaz 5 (he came out with kicks, plus got the only TD of the fight).

Also the funny thing about my scoring, I didn't even equate Condit "running around" into the equation, he was smart for getting off the cage and get back to where he is comfortable fighting from distance but still he didn't use that effeciently till late round 2 -round 3.

I knew it was going to be a close fight but again, usually when I see it going as a split decision, somehow the judges see it as unanimous...

Most of Condit's spinning elbows and knees didn't land (so that shouldn't equate to cage aggression, or whatever the that means... aka Rampage/Machida fight where sure Rampage was moving forward but wasn't landing any of his punches but still won the fight...even though Machida had the TDs in the fight...)

Post Count
    Rogan and Goldberg have to start doing a better job calling the striking in fights. So often When someone throws dynamic strikes like a spinning elbow or backfist they rave about them throwing it even when it does not land. They did that 5 or 6 times last night when Condit threw those shots. None of them came close to landing..

I just watched Condit post fight interview and he said along the lines of "I broke him down with those leg kicks, so even if he had the cardio, he wouldn't have the wheels" I never saw an instance in the fight that those leg kicks were effecting him, never limped, etc.

Also 2 times Condit landed some body shots, Diaz kind of rubbed/danced with his arms on his body kind of taunting at Condit as if "is that all you got" type of way.

To be honest again I'm not a fan of Diaz so that lack of bias helps me see this fight clearer than if it was a fight with one of my favs; Condit did what he needed to do, but I was expecting some more flying knees, front kicks (stronger/harder) attacks. Considering he is probably the heavier hitter of the two while Diaz does his damage in quan y.

GSP/Condit will be an interesting fight, but unless Condit decides to use wrestling (figured he would attempt a TD on Diaz before Diaz would) GSP can TD him at will.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    Wait a second... There are really people here that think Diaz won that fight? Brutal leg kick after brutal leg kick, mixed with solid body kicks, fakes, feints, and elbows. Not to mention the variety of different styles, spins, and attacks. This is exactly how the Cerrone fight should've gone, but Cowboy fell victim to the -talking and forgot what his game really is. I ing HATE how the Diaz sisters fight, and tonight was no exception. Ya, Nick was coming forward, but he was getting his ruined in the process, and landed very few significant strikes.

This fight was the exact reason why I'm a Condit fan, and have been since his WEC days. I don't think he'll beat GSP, but he certainly showed some incredible flashes in this fight. (that combo in the fourth(?) with a few punches, leg kick to a head kick was wicked fast)

LMAO at ing dirt bag Mexican't gots threatening retirement because they suck. GTFO you worthless pile.

White Mormon Pride The TroutBum's Avatar
    Post Count
    I just watched Condit post fight interview and he said along the lines of "I broke him down with those leg kicks, so even if he had the cardio, he wouldn't have the wheels" I never saw an instance in the fight that those leg kicks were effecting him, never limped, etc.
    Wait, what? You didn't see that Diaz's game was pretty much shot to after the 2nd round? Do you think that he just decided all of a sudden to stop attacking? I think it's more likely that his leg was ed up and he had no spring in his step. Did you notice that he started changing his stance after a good leg shot after about the 15th one? I did. It was obvious that those kicks were taking their toll.
    Also 2 times Condit landed some body shots, Diaz kind of rubbed/danced with his arms on his body kind of taunting at Condit as if "is that all you got" type of way.
    Good call, it would've been better if he had grimaced and winced in pain... As anyone with any type of fight knowledge knows, pretty much the only time anyone mocks/taunts after a good shot is when they get ing rocked. Tonight was no exception. Those body shots were solid.[QUOTE]
    To be honest again I'm not a fan of Diaz so that lack of bias helps me see this fight clearer than if it was a fight with one of my favs; Condit did what he needed to do, but I was expecting some more flying knees, front kicks (stronger/harder) attacks. Considering he is probably the heavier hitter of the two while Diaz does his damage in quan y.
    Sure, I would've loved to see more of that flashy , but I was tickled pink to see a fighter actually follow a game plan to perfection. This was no lay-n-pray job, ala got Fitch -- this was a systematic dismantling of one of the most overrated and over-hyped ass holes in the world.
    GSP/Condit will be an interesting fight, but unless Condit decides to use wrestling (figured he would attempt a TD on Diaz before Diaz would) GSP can TD him at will.
    I can agree with you here.

Post Count

Amen

Post Count
    Wait a second... There are really people here that think Diaz won that fight? Brutal leg kick after brutal leg kick, mixed with solid body kicks, fakes, feints, and elbows. Not to mention the variety of different styles, spins, and attacks. This is exactly how the Cerrone fight should've gone, but Cowboy fell victim to the -talking and forgot what his game really is. I ing HATE how the Diaz sisters fight, and tonight was no exception. Ya, Nick was coming forward, but he was getting his ruined in the process, and landed very few significant strikes.

This fight was the exact reason why I'm a Condit fan, and have been since his WEC days. I don't think he'll beat GSP, but he certainly showed some incredible flashes in this fight. (that combo in the fourth(?) with a few punches, leg kick to a head kick was wicked fast)

LMAO at ing dirt bag Mexican't gots threatening retirement because they suck. GTFO you worthless pile.
    I became a Condit fan after his fight with Kampmann. While we're at it, Condit's last five opponents include:

Ellenberger
    DHK
    Dan Hardy
    MacDonald
    Nick Diaz

That's a pretty damn impressive resume TBH.

Post Count
    Condit did enough to win but lets not act like he put on some stellar performance either. That was strictly a game-plan fight because they knew Diaz was going to KO him if he stood his ground. A guy with the nickname "Natural born killer" was sticking, moving and running most of the fight. Everyone i talked too thought he was going to stand his ground and go for the kill in the first 2 rounds.. I don't see how Diaz fought badly or how Diaz can't beat Condit if they rematch.. And a healthy GSP destroys Condit. He has no weapons GSP has not already defused..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    I hate the rematch

I don't want to watch that Diaz again.

You talking it was a close fight.
    How much damage Diaz has made? Close to none.

I need to frickin re watch this fight cause I could not see any case for Diaz to win the fight.

And damn I knew Codit would need to KO this mofo to shut him down and his lovers

Thread Information