My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kyle hicks offered

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'll definitely post some random thoughts after the day is over. Considering the reports that the staff was going to be more selective this year with their offers and Mack always encouraging kids and their families to take their time if they're not ready to commit then and there, I'm not expecting a huge day. My initial prediction was UT wrapping up Oliver, Perkins, Hughes and maybe James. Historically we've seen a few guys drop a couple of days after or before the second Junior Day comes around. Zero commitments today would be a surprise but nothing to get down about. Texas will get theirs even if it takes some time. A handful of these kids genuinely want to see other schools first which isn't a big deal and usually works in Texas' favor once they're able to make a comparison.
    Good stuff. I definitely see no reason to panic on a slow day this year. This staff will work

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Gerry H Mack has offered Hicks
    Applewhite must really love the kid and it says a lot about Ford's intentions.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Kyle hicks offered
    I personally think thats a good move. He's more likely to come to Texas despite the depth we already have. The other big names probably wont to go somewhere that they can contribute faster or at least have a better chance to break the starting rotation. I think kyle has just as high of potential as the other big name texas running backs, Hicks is just a bit more raw.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Applewhite must really love the kid and it says a lot about Ford's intentions.
    Ford ain't gonna happen. He announced a top 5 of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Florida State and Alabama. Free article below.

http://247sports.com/Article/Elite-r...top-five-61042

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Probably to early, but does anybody have a feeling with this kid? Seems darn good!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, WR Ra'Shaad Samples has been offered by UT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Probably to early, but does anybody have a feeling with this kid? Seems darn good!
    Welcome to the thread, sir. Cravens is a beast. I believe he has Texas in his Top 5 and the staff has made contact, but it's way too early. That one should take a while and he'll need to get on campus.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thank you! I've been lurking around on here since the '11 thread. Really a lot of good informations, and a lot good contributors! I'll probably ask for opinions more than contribute myself.

Btw. I'm not a "sir"
    I'm 17 and from Europe, so on behalf of my spelling, I apologize.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A new name on the radar from 24/7. DE Torrodney Prevot out of Alief Taylor. Diaz and Giles were by his school about two weeks ago to let him know of UT's interest. LSU offered on Friday.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    247 saying #2 is in, though I can't read it

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They don't say who it is though.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Recruitocosm Recruitocosm

The Asset just texted me,""RSJ and Tyrone Swoopes are chatting it up. They look like future all-Americans roaming the campus."

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dontre has been offered. Seems like everybody who showed will be extended a offer.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He is the truth. He reminds me of Landon Collins and Shaq Thompson combined. Glad we're in there early but im not getting excited yet.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks for that TFloss. I hadnt seen this film. He's not as raw as i thought, he's damn good but apparently just has been flying under the radar.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dontre has been offered. Seems like everybody who showed will be extended a offer.
    Or not, hearing that Hughes has not been offered and probably wont because they want to take some time to evaluate the position like DB.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thank you! I've been lurking around on here since the '11 thread. Really a lot of good informations, and a lot good contributors! I'll probably ask for opinions more than contribute myself.

Btw. I'm not a "sir"
    I'm 17 and from Europe, so on behalf of my spelling, I apologize.
    Wow. Are you native European? What's your story?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My cousin was an old Oilers fan, but he didn't get "that" feeling when they moved to Tennessee, I did though. But he's still watching NFL, just because of the love to the game, and the love of Vince Young. He recorded the game against USC i '06, and showed it to me a couple of weeks later, my first ever experience with football, and I decided to cheer for Texas before I knew the outcome of the game (I thought they had the most awesome uniforms, simple and clean like I like it). I was sold on the game of football from that moment, and especially the Longhorns.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a native european, and I still live in Europe.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My cousin was an old Oilers fan, but he didn't get "that" feeling when they moved to Tennessee, I did though. But he's still watching NFL, just because of the love to the game, and the love of Vince Young. He recorded the game against USC i '06, and showed it to me a couple of weeks later, my first ever experience with football, and I decided to cheer for Texas before I knew the outcome of the game (I thought they had the most awesome uniforms, simple and clean like I like it). I was sold on the game of football from that moment, and especially the Longhorns.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm a native european, and I still live in Europe.
    Good to know. Crazy how much of an influence that one game has had on people everywhere. Where in Europe are you located?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 saying #2 is in the books but it may not be announced until the prospect gets home later this evening.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 Sports Has Released their 2013 Fab 55.

Rank | Pos. | Name | School (class) | Ht./Wt. | Colleges
    1. RB Keith Ford - Houston Cypress Ranch (5A) | 5-11/203 | Considering Baylor, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Alabama

2. OT Kent Perkins - Lake Highlands (5A) | 6-6/285 | Considering Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M

3. WR Derrick Griffin - Rosenberg Terry (4A) | 6-7/210 | Committed to Texas A&M

4. DL/OL Jake Raulerson - Celina (3A) | 6-5/260 | Committed to Texas

5. OL/C Darius James - Harker Heights (5A) | 6-6/320 | Considering Baylor, Florida State, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas A&M

6. QB J.T. Barrett -Wichita Falls Rider (4A) | 6-2/205 | Considering Baylor, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas

7. OT A'Shawn Robinson - F.W. Arlington Heights (4A) | 6-5/302 | Considering Baylor, Alabama, Arkansas, Notre Dame, TCU

8. WR Jake Oliver - Dallas Jesuit (5A) | 6-4/198 | Considering Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Ohio State

Quarterback Tyrone Swoopes, in Austin Sunday for Texas' first junior day, comes in at No. 10 on the first Fab55.

9. DT Justin Manning - Dallas Kimball (4A) | 6-3/275 | Considering Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas

10. QB Tyrone Swoopes Whitewright (2A) | 6-4/220 | Considering Texas, TCU, Alabama, Auburn, Baylor

11. OT Ishmael Wilson - Dallas Bishop Dunne (Priv.) | 6-5/292 | Considering LSU, Oregon, Texas, California, Michigan

12. DT Isaiah Golden - Elysian Fields (2A) | 6- 2/305 | Committed to Texas A&M

13. WR Gary Moore - Clarksville (A) | 6-6/221 | Considering Oklahoma, Texas

14. ATH Ricky Seals-Jones - Sealy (3A) | 6-5/220 | Considering LSU, Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, Notre Dame

15. QB Cody Thomas - Colleyville Heritage (5A) | 6-4/200 | Considering Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Oklahoma State, Mississippi

16. RB Dontre Wilson - DeSoto (5A) | 5-10/165 | Considering Oregon, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Notre Dame

17. WR Jamar Gibson - Baytown Sterling (5A) | 6-2/190 | Committed to Texas A&M

18. QB Kohl Stewart - Houston St. Pius X (Priv.) | 6-3/190 | Committed to Texas A&M

19. ILB Brett Wade - Kennedale (3A) | 6- 1/212 | Considering Baylor, Clemson, Kansas State, Missouri, North Carolina

20. OLB Mike Mitc - Plano Prestonwood Christian | 6-4/215 | Considering Florida, Oregon, Texas, Nebraska

21. ATH Jacorey Warrick - Houston Cypress Falls (5A) | 6-0/175 | Considering LSU, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Baylor, Texas Tech

22. RB Kyle Hicks - Arlington Martin (5A) | 5-10/192 | Considering Arkansas, TCU, LSU, Oklahoma, Utah State

23. RB Jamel James - Katy Cinco Ranch (5A) | 5-1 1/215 | Committed to Arkansas

24. TE Durham Smythe - Belton (5A) | 6-5/227 | Considering Texas, Stanford, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU

25. OLB Paul Whitmill - Bastrop (4A) 6-0/200 | Considering Oklahoma, TCU, Texas A&M, Baylor, SMU

26. ATH Robbie Rhodes - F.W. Southwest (4A) | 6-0/180 | Considering Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor, Oklahama, Oregon

27. ATH Chevoski Collins - Livingston (4A) | 5-11/185 | Considering Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, TCU

28. WR Devin Lauderdale - Houston Bellaire (5A) | 5-10/167 | Considering Baylor, TCU, Arizona, Colorado, Notre Dame

29. TE Christian Morgan - Plano Prestonwood Christian | 6-5/250 | Considering Baylor, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, Arizona State, Arkansas

30. S Kameron Miles - West Mesquite (5A) | 6-2/202 | Considering TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma

31. WR Marcell Ateman - Wylie East (4A) | 6-4/190 | Considering Arizona, Baylor, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas

32. ATH Ty Slanina - East Bernard (2A) | 6-0/180 | Considering Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, Notre Dame

33. RB James White - Pearland Dawson (5A) | 6-0/195 | Considering Baylor, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan State

34. WR Eldridge Massington - West Mesquite (5A) | 6-3/203 | Considering Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU, Michigan, Colorado

35. DE Deon Hollins - Fort Bend Marshall (5A) | 6-2/219 | Considering Arkansas, Duke, Nebraska, Stanford, Northwestern

36. ATH Laquvionte Gonzalez - Cedar Hill (5A) | 5-11/175 | Considering Texas A&M, Michigan State, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Baylor

37. WR Ra'Shaad Samples - Dallas Skyline (5A) | 5-11/160 | Considering Baylor, Texas, Arizona State, California, Houston

38. ATH Torii Hunter - Prosper (3A) | 6-2/170 | —

39. WR Quan Jones - Wylie East (4A) | 6-3/196 | Considering Arizona, Baylor, Mississippi, Purdue, Mississippi St.

40. ATH Naashon Hughes - Harker Heights (5A) | 6-4/215 | Considering Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State

41. S Deric Robertson - Killeen (4A) | 6-1/194 | —

42. OT J.J. Gustafson - Dallas Jesuit (5A) | 6-5/255 | Considering Texas A&M, Oklahama, Baylor, Arkansas, Clemson

43. S George Baltimore - Mansfield (5A) | 5-11/188 | Considering Baylor, Texas Tech, Michigan State, Texas, Florida

44. OG Baylen Brown - S.A. O'Connor (5A) | 6-4/280 | Considering Baylor, Purdue

45. QB Devante Kincade - Dallas Skyline (5A) | 6-0/174 | Considering Colorado, Illinois, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Texas

46. TE Jeremiah Gaines - Red Oak (4A) | 6-2/230 | Considering Baylor, Oklahoma, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M

47. DT Kerrick Huggins - Dallas Skyline (5A) | 6-4/282 | Considering Texas Tech, SMU, Baylor, Oklahoma, Colorado State

48. WR Fred Ross - Tyler John Tyler (4A) | 6-2/185 | Considering Missouri, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Rice, Arkansas

49. WR J'Mon Moore - Fort Bend Elkins | (5A) 6-3/175 | —

50. DE Hendrick Ekpe - Lewisville (5A) | 6-4/235 | —

51. OLB Akeem Harrison - Killeen (4A) | 6- 1/210 | Considering Boise State, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M

52. DT Vincent Taylor - S.A. Madison (5A) | 6-3/265 | Considering Baylor, Texas

53. CB Antwuan Davis - Bastrop (5A) | 6-0/180 | Considering Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M

54. ATH Patrick Brown - Henderson (3A) | 5-9/170 | Considering TCU, Baylor, Texas

55. DE Christian Lacouture - A&M Consolidated (5A) | 6-5/255 | Committed to Texas A&M

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good to know. Crazy how much of an influence that one game has had on people everywhere. Where in Europe are you located?
    A little country called Denmark, half the size of Virginia. We are known for being the happiest people on the planet, the mohammed cartoons, beer, Lego and Morten Andersen.
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 02-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Thread Information