Page 100 of 207 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Edward Williams (2013 inside linebacker from Louisiana) committed to A&M.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ucf/football...illiams-142128
    nice pick up

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently Rick Barnes was at RSJ's b-ball game Saturday
    https://twitter.com/bpadilla3/status/224195699724656644

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More from JUCO DE Randy Gregory (OrangeBloods):

"I have about eight offers right now, but other than that there's only a couple of schools that are sending me stuff," Gregory said. "Kansas sent me something and I think during spring my coach said about 35 schools came in and they were all interested. The whole situation with Purdue, I don't know if anyone wants to take a serious step towards me until I de-commit."

"Coach Diaz said I'm real athletic and lanky," Gregory said. "They said they liked what they saw on the spring film and I improved throughout the year as far as my highlights and making plays. They think I'm one of the best pass rushers in the nation as far as the JUCO ranks. The last few years they've pretty much excelled at that and they hope I can come in and do the same thing."

"I feel like Purdue is the right school for me but I kind of want to see…I'm going to wait until the season starts and I might actually open it up and see who really takes me seriously," Gregory said. "Then after that take my official visits and make my decision after that, but I have a pretty strong commitment right now."

"Outside of Purdue I don't really have a top school. It's kind of complicated. I don't really have a top school other than Purdue," he said. "Like I've said schools have offered and if I decide to make that step toward de-committing I can really see who I'm interested in. Right now I'm really trying to focus on my school work so I can make sure I get out in December and putting on this weight so I can get ready for this season."

"I've always wanted to stay close. My parents go to every game and having a chance to play in front of all of my friends would be a big deal for me," Gregory said. "But going to Arizona let me get used to being so away from my family and my friends and playing and not having my parents in the stands every game. It would be a big deal to play close to home, but if I were to go away to a big program that would play on TV every week so my parents and friends can see me."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Scroll down to "Week 3." The Ole Miss game will be on ESPN at 8:15 p.m.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEW...-schedule.aspx

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that DE Torrodney Prevot is expected at LSU today. Emphasis on "expected."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that DE Torrodney Prevot is expected at LSU today. Emphasis on "expected."
    Looks/sounds like he made it...

@AustinCooper247

2013 defensive end Torrodney Prevot just arrived at the LSU camp. Drew a lot of attention from the staff upon his arrival.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm bored at work so I figured it'd be an appropriate time to do a team/recruiting board breakdown. This may be redundant for those of you who read other sites as well but could be a good recap for the more casual reader.

The 2012 roster (counting the 2012 class) stands at 81 scholarship players currently, so Texas is four men under the 85-man limit. There are 10 seniors on board, three legit NFL early entry candidates and a handful of names that remain attrition possibilities:

Seniors
    RB Jeremy Hills
    RB/WR DJ Monroe
    FB Ryan Roberson
    WR Marquise Goodwin
    WR DeSean Hales
    TE Barrett Matthews
    OL Luke Poehlmann
    TE DJ Grant
    DE Alex Okafor
    S Kenny Vaccaro

Early Entry Candidates (NFL)
    DE Jackson Jeffcoat
    LB Jordan Hicks
    CB Carrington Byndom

Attrition Possibilities
    FB Chet Moss
    WR DeSean Hales (I think he'll finish his career)
    TE Greg Daniels
    OL Garrett Greenlea
    OL Kyle Kriegel
    LB Aaron Benson
    K Will Russ

**Important Dates to Remember**
    August 2nd = Fall practice begins
    September 1st = Home opener against Wyoming
    October 13th = Texas vs. Oklahoma

-------------------------------------------------------------

The entire month of July and August are deemed "quiet periods" so that in itself is a good reason why recruiting news is lacking during the summer aside from prospects attending several camps. College coaches are not allowed to contact recruits but can communicate through Facebook or accept phone calls from them at any time (this rule is in place year-round). Recruiting momentum can change dramatically once September arrives.

**Important Dates to Remember**
    September 1st =
    a.) Official visit period begins for class of 2013 (seniors)
    b.) Written offers can be extended to class of 2014 (juniors)

WR Devon Allen, Brophy College Prep (Phoenix, AZ) ++
    WR Robbie Rhodes, Fort Worth Southwest
    WR Ricky Seals-Jones, Sealy ++

TE Trent Gow, Mansfield ++
    TE Beau Sandland, Pierce CC (Oroville, CA)

OL Caleb Benenoch, Katy Seven Lakes ++
    OL Andrew Billings, Waco High ++

DT Marquel Combs, Piere CC (Oroville, CA)
    DT/DE Marcus Hardison, Fort Dodge CC (Fort Dodge, KS)
    DT Toby Johnson, Hutchinson CC (Hutchinson, KS)
    DT Scott Pagano, Moanalua (Honolulu, HI)

DE Kewan Alfred, Trinity Valley CC (Athens, TX)
    DE Dajuan Drennon, Timber Creek (Sicklerville, NJ)
    DE Randy Gregory, Arizona Western JC (Yuma, AZ) ++
    DE Torrodney Prevot, Alief Taylor

CB Cole Luke, Hamilton (Chandler, AZ) ++

S Vonn Bell, Ridgeland (Rossville, GA) ++
    S Marcell Harris, Dr. Phillips (Orlando, FL) ++

ATH Chevoski Collins, Livingston

++ = realistic possibilities as of today
    Last edited by TFloss32; 07-16-2012 at 01:23 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So, Chris Hardeman committed to LSU:

Per his twitter. LSU as DBU is mildly amusing.
    _filtered ;GeauxTigers DBU!! SEC!!

But now I'm hearing that it was non-commitable?? Will someone plz explain to me whats going on??

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So, Chris Hardeman committed to LSU:

Per his twitter. LSU as DBU is mildly amusing.
    _filtered ;GeauxTigers DBU!! SEC!!

But now I'm hearing that it was non-commitable?? Will someone plz explain to me whats going on??

@max_olson Chris Hardeman's LSU commitment is legit. He met with Les Miles in person to deliver pledge. Offer wasn't "uncommittable."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @max_olson Chris Hardeman's LSU commitment is legit. He met with Les Miles in person to deliver pledge. Offer wasn't "uncommittable."
    Good to know. I'd say that gives Prevot a gentle nudge towards Baton Rouge.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Highlight of Rivals Underclassmen challenge in Desoto

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1385366

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Short article on how Harsin plans on using some of his new skill players:

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...ions-for-texas

Randy Gregory will be one to watch. I think he's attainable, but Texas will have to push hard. He seems pretty comfortable with Purdue and playing close to home. Even after some coaching changes.

Additionally, Purdue suggested Arizona Western after he didn't qualify. That makes me believe that Purdue has some relationships with the AW staff.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...rrested-monday

Sorry for this not being "Texas Recruiting" but I thought it was intresting... Dez Bryant was arrested for domestic violence today!

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Shaq Thompson signed with the red sox and has struck out 25 of 26 professional at bats

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...161156204.html

just thought it was interesting

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Caleb Benenoch announced on Twitter yesterday that he wants to make his commitment on September 28th which is the date of his high school's Homecoming.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Adrian Colbert Jr ‏@AdrianColbert26
    ColdTub @ConnorBrewer7 @Cayleb_JonesTx4 @OrlandoT_21 @kevinvaccaro @Timbo_Cole24 @RIPS_SHIRT_OFF @TheNickJordan #RISE

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Legitimate chance for death penalty of Penn State program -

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...30--ncaaf.html

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Legitimate chance for death penalty of Penn State program -

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...30--ncaaf.html
    How does everyone feel about this? Is this the greatest case of a lack of ins utional control that we've ever seen? I hate to see punishment for anyone that didn't have a thing to do with this scandal, but I can't argue against this being the most appropriate time for the NCAA to make an example of a program.

I remember seeing rumors when this all got started that Sandusky and Penn State were possibly using Second Mile as a way to pay players. I think there's already more than enough issues present to shut this thing down but anything football related would just be the final nail in their coffin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How does everyone feel about this? Is this the greatest case of a lack of ins utional control that we've ever seen?
    For so many people to actively cover up what inevitably ended with countless other kids being raped due to them not reporting. How could anybody argue there was ever a bigger case of lack of ins utional control. And it wasn't just one or two individuals, but numerous people all the way to the top. Death penalty no question.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This guy won't be attending Texas A&M (grades) after Sumlin was able to flip his commitment on National Signing Day:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...und-Ray-122412

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Derrick Griffin is aparently "opening up" his commitment. Sumlin and Co. have pretty much stopped recruiting him because of grades.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Derrick Griffin is aparently "opening up" his commitment. Sumlin and Co. have pretty much stopped recruiting him because of grades.
    Keep him!!! He is going to end up at Oklahoma!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Ags will be sweating it out over Golden, Davis & Huggins all being grade risks as well

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Derrick Griffin link -- http://www.i95ballerz.com/story%20-%...re%20elite.htm

“I’m re-opening my commitment” to Tex A&M, shared the two sport star. He doesn’t know where he will land – only mentioning he had no shortage of choices – but will play both football and hoops, at least initially. That will continue until “I decide which one I’m better in” he concluded.

Thread Information