Page 109 of 207 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 5170
    south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Prevot commits to USC per rivals.

Must say I am surprised he didn't go to ags, his buddies reggie chevis & hardreck walker have been on him hard for a long time.

on another side note rumor mill going crazy that sooner commit RB greg bryant may be switching to auburn.

Post Count
    Those NCAA penalties have really devastated USC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Michael Dyer has been dismissed from Arkansas State. Kid's a mess.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on K Anthony Fera from 24/7...he was on campus yesterday with his family and he does have an official offer in place. Considering he's only a semester away from graduating at Penn State, academics were thought to be an obstacle. For whatever reason, that's no longer the case. A decision will likely happen this week since all of the Texas players report for practice on Sunday the 5th.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with OL Caleb Benenoch from 24/7:

“Texas is my leader,” Benenoch said. “I like the school, and I'm really looking for the school with a the best combination of football and academics, and Texas is the school I feel the best about.”

“If everything goes through with admissions (at Stanford) then there's a pretty good chance I'll get an offer,” Benenoch said. “It's all up to the admissions people, though.”

“I got to see the football facilities, and even though I've visited other schools I haven't seen anything anywhere close to what Texas has,” Benenoch said. “Texas has the best facilities. There's nobody that can really compare with them.”

“I'd say about a 9.5 (at Texas),” Benenoch said. “I don't quite want to go to a 10 just yet. Just know that I really like Texas – a lot. I'm just trying to take things slow and go through the process.”
    “That's the only reason why I'm taking things slow,” Benenoch said. “I don't want to just get caught up in something and commit somewhere because of the hype. I committed to Michigan State because of the hype that was created by them having had been successful recently and having a good coaching staff. I know coaches can tell you they'll be there three or four more years, but you can't believe that. I learned that you have to commit somewhere that you'd be happy even if all of those coaches left and football wasn't a part of it. I'm just taking my time and trying to make the best, most informed decision I possibly can.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some quotes on S Marcell Harris from a source of 24/7:

"It's Florida and Texas tied at number one," explained a source. "They're practically even. That could and will probably change one way or another after he visits Austin. Florida State is a distant third for sure and then I don't think there's anyone behind that. I know the Gators don't feel like this is a lock for them, so that right there tells you that Texas is right up in the mix, tied at the number one spot."

"He's very anxious to get back to Texas," said a source. "When he visited originally, he was really blown away. He thought a lot of the school, the facilities and especially the coaches. People seriously don't realize how much of a player Texas is in this thing because of those reasons. I know a lot of Florida fans think he's a guaranteed lock to the Gators, but that's not necessarily true at all. He likes Texas, a lot, and tells those close to him that."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 CB/S Tony Brown (24/7):

“The Texas coaches told me that I have been approved for an offer,” Brown told Hookem.com. “I should receive one when they have their junior day. I took that as a big compliment. I love Coach Mack Brown. He’s real cool, so when he said I was approved for an offer, I was really happy about that. Everyone always wants a Texas offer and when you get it, it feels like you made it.”

“Texas and USC were two of the schools I watched growing up,” explained Brown. “USC has actually offered me, which was real big. I also started watching Oregon a lot around my 8th grade year, when they became big. Since then, if I can’t catch the games, I’ve always watched the highlights of those teams.”

“Probably the hardest camp was Alabama,” he said. “That one stood out, because I went there all three days. Most guys only go to a camp for one day and it’s for a reason. It’s very rigorous and there was a lot of hard work.”

“Coach Saban is a real cool guy,” Brown said. “He told me he thought I could play anywhere, at any position in the secondary. I took that as a big compliment. He also told me I was the perfect fit for his system and that if I was in it and worked hard, I could be one of the first drafted when I come out.”

“I’ve been trying to get in contact with Oregon. Also some of the Florida schools like Miami, FSU and Florida. I’ve also talked to Michigan some and an offer should be coming soon,” said Brown.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A potential big factor in 2014 CB/S Tony Brown's decision could be where his sister, a big track star, signs her LOI (24/7):

“Her going somewhere has a big impact on me,” Brown said. “Wherever she goes, that school will probably at least be in my top five.”

“I mean, that would be one of the best positions for me to be in, being in the same school with my sister,” explained Brown. “With family, it’s always better. I’ve had college athletes tell me that it’s harder than you think, not knowing anybody and having to get acclimated with people. But if I had her there, it would make it much easier.”

“I feel like my sister has narrowed it down to some of the same schools I’m looking at,” Brown said. “She’s been looking at Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama and others. We’re probably going to go on some unofficial visits after Gridiron Kings and before the season starts.”

“Texas actually just offered her the other day” Brown told Hookem.com. “They called my mom and her and that’s when they offered. She’ll be taking a visit to there as well.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some quotes on S Marcell Harris from a source of 24/7:

"It's Florida and Texas tied at number one," explained a source. "They're practically even. That could and will probably change one way or another after he visits Austin. Florida State is a distant third for sure and then I don't think there's anyone behind that. I know the Gators don't feel like this is a lock for them, so that right there tells you that Texas is right up in the mix, tied at the number one spot."

"He's very anxious to get back to Texas," said a source. "When he visited originally, he was really blown away. He thought a lot of the school, the facilities and especially the coaches. People seriously don't realize how much of a player Texas is in this thing because of those reasons. I know a lot of Florida fans think he's a guaranteed lock to the Gators, but that's not necessarily true at all. He likes Texas, a lot, and tells those close to him that."
    I'm getting really optimistic about being able to snag Harris from the Gators.
    If his recruitment is really a business decision and he wants the best preparation for a NFL career...lets look at his prospective coaches resumes. No contest.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-...a_duane00.html

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/staff/robinson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some news on ESPN acquiring the rights to the Champions Bowl.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012...hampions-bowl/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm getting really optimistic about being able to snag Harris from the Gators.
    If his recruitment is really a business decision and he wants the best preparation for a NFL career...lets look at his prospective coaches resumes. No contest.
    I can't remember where I read it but someone made a good point about Texas having a great shot because Harris is a bit stubborn about following in his father's footsteps and that favors UT. Akina is also a big plus and a reason the kid keeps coming back to Austin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas on K Anthony Fera's relationship with UT:

"He's been recruiting us," according to my source.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What year is Fera? Will he be able to come in this year?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What year is Fera? Will he be able to come in this year?
    He's a junior. Yes, he'll be available immediately.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mario Edwards Sr just hired by FSU.

Quote from Edwards Sr - "The timing that all this has happened is unbelievable"

Yeah, really crazy coincidence they hired you right after your son signed with them.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/stor...son-joins-team

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Video of LB Derrick Johnson working out on campus:

http://www.texassports.com/allaccess/?media=323150

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Commitment watch: Andrew Billings will be visiting tomorrow. Maybe we'll get lucky.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Greg Bryant, OUs top recruit just decommitted. He is a top 5 RB in the nation.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Bryant-120020

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nebraska will be wearing this for their game against Wisconsin:

http://twitter.com/darrenrovell/stat...698049/photo/1
    Nub too? Another one bites the dust.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    off topic and i dont know if it has been posted, but here's a link to the longhorn olympians.

http://www.utexas.edu/longhorns-london-2012

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Commitment watch: Andrew Billings will be visiting tomorrow. Maybe we'll get lucky.
    Hope so. A. Davis, James and Smythe all drove down to Austin to commit in person so maybe that pattern will continue.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, the latest on K Anthony Fera is that he's returned to Penn State and has been working out with the team. He's telling reporters that he's "not yet" made a decision on his future.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nebraska is the latest team to offer DT Quincy Russell.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting that there are no plans for OL/DL Andrew Billings to commit to UT today. He will be accompanied by his mother and the visit is mostly for her since she was unable to make the trip to Austin when he attended the June summer camp.

Thread Information