Page 110 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, 2014 DB Edward Paris has made it to the UT campus.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Silas Redd of Penn State has decided to transfer to USC. Hopefully this will lessen the pressure on K Anthony Fera should he be leaning towards Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Inside Texas, 2014 DB Edward Paris has made it to the UT campus.
    Forgot to mention that his high school teammate, 2014 S Brandon Simmons, is with him today. Simmons will also have his fair share of offers and LSU is already in the mix.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Silas Redd of Penn State has decided to transfer to USC. Hopefully this will lessen the pressure on K Anthony Fera should he be leaning towards Texas.

I'd guess for Fera the main issue is he is close to getting his degree from PSU, where he may have to take ~30 hours extra to get degree from UT to hit that minimum 60 hours for UT degree. He's in a tough spot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on 2014 CB/S Edward Paris and 2014 S Brandon Simmons...they have both been approved for an offer by the staff and said it is their intent to return to UT in February for Junior Days (even though that's likely just talk for the time being). They had a chance to spend time in the film room with Akina and also sit in Mack's office. They came away impressed with everything despite some people around them doing negative recruiting against Texas in the past. It was a small victory for the staff just to get them on campus but I'd still classify them as longshots.

I'd guess for Fera the main issue is he is close to getting his degree from PSU, where he may have to take ~30 hours extra to get degree from UT to hit that minimum 60 hours for UT degree. He's in a tough spot.

247 mod stated academics are no longer a concern for Fera.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the father of 2014 S Brandon Simmons after yesterday's visit to Texas (OrangeBloods):

"They sat down with coach (Mack) Brown for about an hour. He approved both of them for offers," said Simmons' father, Kashaan Simmons, who accompanied the players on the visit. "We'll probably come back down here in February. They want us to come to a few games. We'll probably go to the Red River Rivalry (Texas-OU) since it's so close to home, then we'll try to catch a game on campus."

"Obviously, the facilities were one of the highlights. The perception that we had going in, it was a different perception going out. Coach Brown shed a lot of light on how Texas runs things,"
    Mr. Simmons said. "It's good to know. He was very informative. It was definitely an enlightened trip and it changed our perception of what Texas was according to what people would say positively or negatively. I'm glad we did our due diligence."

"I knew they offered in February. I knew that going in," Mr. Simmons said. "It was more just the facilities. From what I'd heard, they weren't the best. Come to find out, they're great. Our perception was that the facilities weren't going to be the best of the best. When I went in, I was like 'Wow, they're pretty good.' We weren't aware of the 101,000 at the stadium, didn't know that. We didn't know they're building a new weight room. There was a lot that impressed me."

"They don't have a top, but I definitely think Texas has a good shot," Mr. Simmons said. "From what they saw today, you can't put Texas in the bottom of anything after what we saw today. Texas definitely improved their position after today's visit."

"We talked with coach (Duane) Akina, coach (Bruce) Chambers, coach Brown - We met with all of them," Mr. Simmons said. "We visited with (DE Jackson) Jeffcoat, we talked with their starting safety. We got a chance to talk to a lot of the kids, the training staff. The kids got a chance to take a picture with Earl Campbell which was a plus."

"I think we're in shutdown mode as far as traveling," Mr. Simmons said. "Texas was close and they wanted us to come down so that one worked out."

"Right now, it's time to focus on getting ready for the season, getting the guys' minds right. They've been doing a lot of traveling from coast to coast, been all over the place. They have about two weeks to relax, get their mind right, get situated for a state le run."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from 2014 CB/S Edward Paris (24/7):

"It was a great experience," Paris said shortly after 7pm. "I had never got to see UT like the way I did today. I didn't see anything negative today, it was a great visit."

"He's (Akina) a real good coach. He loves man coverage, and so do I. He was showing us some film about man coverage, what they do and stuff in man," he said.

"He's a real cool coach (Mack Brown). Real humble. He didn't talk mess about any school. He talked about Texas, how he runs the program, the history of the program and stuff like that. Basically, he said they offer kids on their junior day, and he invited me to their first junior day next year. He said I was approved for offer, but they offer the old fashion way."

"Right now, I have all my options open. I had a great summer. I got to go to Jamaica with my family in June, came home, went to the LSU 7-on-7, went to Alabama after that, went to 7-on-7 nationals and then to UT today. It was a great summer," Paris said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from the head coach of OL/DL Andrew Billings (24/7):

“The visit to Texas was actually set up three weeks ago,” explained Waco High head coach Marty Herbst. “His father originally went down with him to the camp in Austin back in June, but his mother was unable to attend it. So after the coaches’ and family’s vacation, the two parties set it up and chose Tuesday as the day to go. The visit was really for his mother and him more than anything. Momma wanted to go look around, see everything and meet the coaches herself, so that’s basically why it happened.”

“They originally told me a decision or commitment would not be made after the trip,” Herbst said. “Regardless of what happened, they would wait. That was exactly the case. No commitment was made, obviously. He and his family are true to their word, so I knew he wouldn’t.”

“They’ve all done a lot of traveling this summer,” Herbst said of Billings and his family. “They’ve seen a lot of places and many different schools. Now that it’s all over and his mom had a chance to see Texas, he’ll narrow his list down by the end of this week. My guess is the very first day or two of August, as that was the original timetable to narrow them down.”

“I know Andrew has really been excited about Texas,” said the Waco High coach. “He was especially excited after going to the camp initially and getting to look around and talk to the coaches there. I would probably venture out to say that the Longhorns are his favorite public school. If he narrowed it down to five, I’m betting that there are a lot of private schools on there because of their academics, but that Texas is the first public school on his list.”

“As far as a time frame, to my knowledge, there’s not one really set on when he’ll commit.” Herbst told Hookem.com. “Andrew hasn’t really decided if he wants to narrow it down and immediately make a decision after or if he wants to let it play out a little longer so he can be completely sure. My guess is that he’s planning to play it out some, but that’s just my guess.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Here's a great GIF of Durant that we can bust out when Texas gets a big commitment:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Florida State has dismissed starting corner and return man, Greg Reid:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...greg-reid-team

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    247 mod stated academics are no longer a concern for Fera.
    They reinforced that point again this morning, so that's great to hear. Texas is the only school (other than Penn State) he's considering for those that may be wondering. The exodus of players is speeding up so hopefully that will make Fera feel better about choosing UT. Four players have decided to transfer from Penn State as of an hour ago.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OU received a commitment from this four-star safety yesterday:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ri-Byrd-127793

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Notre Dame QB Tommy Rees has been suspended for the season opener against Navy in Dublin, Ireland. This was a result of his resisting arrest and alcohol related charges from May:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-season-opener

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wisconsin RB Montee Ball beat up and sent to the hospital:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rovoked-attack

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per the Longhorn Foundation opening day will be a 2:30 game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh, FML. I was banking on 6 p.m.

Anyone else going besides benefactor, Mex and myself?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm actually thankful it's not. I only booked one night and I was going to have to alter my reservation...plus I was wanting to get back Saturday evening and not Sunday morning anyway.

Kinda suprised you would get this info from LHF...my guess---it is/was their guess.

If i was a betting man Kick -off will be 6 or later and available on the LHN.

Hook' Em

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Anyone else going besides benefactor, Mex and myself?
    Of course, student season tickets. I prefer night games though, not looking forward to that heat.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I will be watching it the same way I watched the rice game last year!!! On a website that posts a hacked link to the LHN feed... Thank god for LHN!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I will be watching it the same way I watched the rice game last year!!! On a website that posts a hacked link to the LHN feed... Thank god for LHN!
    shouldn't you be thanking the person for providing the stream? LHN just makes it possible for you not to enjoy it in HD.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm actually thankful it's not. I only booked one night and I was going to have to alter my reservation...plus I was wanting to get back Saturday evening and not Sunday morning anyway.
    Selfish, benefactor. Selfish.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Of course, student season tickets. I prefer night games though, not looking forward to that heat.
    I figured you were going unless those engineering courses had you by the balls.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now TCU, OU, and WVU will be another story! Already have tickets lined up for those!

Thread Information