Page 152 of 207 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 5170
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on the recruits who will be in attendance tonight against Baylor:

QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    OL, Caleb Benenoch, Katy Seven Lakes
    OL/DL, Andrew Billings, Waco High

RB/FB, Daniel Gresham. Fort Worth All Saints
    DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan
    CB, Nick Watkins, Dallas Bishop Dunne

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with OL Kent Perkins (24/7):

“That was crazy (being invited to play in the US Army All-American Bowl),”
    Perkins said. “I was honored. If you stay humble, people will come around and help you. I’m thankful for that. I’m not going to let them down.”

“My word means a lot,” said Perkins. “I don’t get calls from any other colleges now. I just get calls from my offensive line coach, Coach (Stacy) Searels.”

“I love Coach Searels,”
    Perkins told Hookem.com. “He reminds me of my offensive line coach here. They’re both so country. I love them both. I’m grateful that I’m going to go to a coach like that.”

“They’re dominant (Texas' run game),”
    he said. “You can’t stop the run game and I love it. I love their run protection and I think we’re going to be good.”

“I’m excited about that for sure,”
    said Perkins. “Playing around these big guys (James and Raulerson) that are my size, I love that. I’m excited.”

“I get better and better every game,”
    said Perkins. “I try to work on the little things, like keeping my eyes up and looking at the linebackers.”

“I’d probably say my technique is what I have improved on the most,”
    Perkins explained. “If you looked at film from my junior and sop re years, my technique wasn’t all that great. I’ve capitalized on that. It comes to me easy now. I don’t worry about my technique. It’s just there. I just worry about doing my job.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I didn't see him on the A&M recruiting list but 2014 CB Darrion Johnson of Brenham is expected to be in attendance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A very honest write-up from the Austin American Statesman on how Texas needs to treat the remainder of 2012:

http://www.statesman.com/news/sports...ers-to-/nSh2B/

"It's a program of cookies and rainbows."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "The players at Texas respect Mack. The players at OU fear Stoops. That’s always been a huge difference."

My hometown boy Cedric with the goods. I don't know that this team will ever be tough with Mack at the helm.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Caleb Benenoch will NOT be in Austin tonight, per 24/7.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that WR Jake Oliver passed Jordan Shipley this week for all-time receptions in Texas:

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwir...receptions.htm

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know if anyone has reported it but Erik Huhn was also at the game. Saw him with some sort of knee brace, oh and saw Swoopes as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    An open letter to Will Muschamp (HornsNation):

http://espn.go.com/colleges/texas/st...ggling-defense

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some rumors out there tonight that OK State has lost QB JW Walsh for the season due to a knee injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thats about how I feel, coach! Now, I think it's time for you to step away, move up into the administration spotlight of Texas, have Manny Diaz canned and bring in Kirby Smart to be the next HC and let's re-hire Gene Chizik and give him the defense back as he is sure to be fired by Auburn.

Post Count
    If Mack moved up to the admin level, then he would potentially have a hand on all men's sports. Is that really what we want?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No thanks to Chizik.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack isn't going anywhere so I might as well support something that has a chance of happening, and that is getting rid of Diaz. I have no idea who to bring in though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Chizik getting canned at Auburn would be our blessing. His defense brought us a championship. Pay him what it takes to take over the D again. He'd be happy, his family would be happy and we'd be happy because he'd make our talent into a mean defensive machine again.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack isn't going anywhere so I might as well support something that has a chance of happening, and that is getting rid of Diaz. I have no idea who to bring in though.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Guck Gene. I believe he napalmed that bridge before he left.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A lot of random notes this morning....

**Per OrangeBloods, Texas has picked up a track commitment in ATH Easy Anyama of Houston Stafford. He was previously committed to Texas State for football. He has great size at 6-2/190 so it's hard to believe the football program doesn't have anything to do with this. He's a name to remember.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Anyama-142121

**Texas has flirted with several WRs on the high school and JUCO level; most recently WR Quintavius Leslie (committed to LSU) and WR Quadarias Mireles (committed to Ole Miss) of East Mississippi CC. A third name from that particiular junior college has emerged in WR Corey Smith who is originally from Akron, OH. 24/7 reports that if UT were to make a move on a JUCO WR, this is currently their guy.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...hK7waRhPNIPZB4

**Inside Texas reporting that S Deric Robertson of Killeen High was supposed to be in attendance at the Baylor game this weekend with the Killeen Harker Heights duo, OL Darius James and LB Naashon Hughes. He's currently commited to OK State but he's another name worth keeping an eye on.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...bertson-127642
    Last edited by TFloss32; 10-22-2012 at 11:54 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting that a new offer for the 2014 class has gone out. LB Josh Walker of Gilmer is a guy that's flown under because he was injured this past spring:

“The Texas staff talked to my coaches and recently offered me,” Walker told Hookem.com. “Their offensive line coach, Stacy Searels, has been talking to them about me and watching me closely. He told them that I officially have an offer.”

“I really like them,” Walker said of the Longhorns. “They’re one of my favorites and always have been.Texas A&M, Texas, LSU and Oklahoma are the schools that I like the most. Those are my top four.”

“I definitely want to visit Texas again,”
    said Walker. “It will probably have to be after the season sometime though. The first time I went, I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun and I felt very comfortable in the environment there. The coaches reminded me of my coaches here at Gilmer. Overall it was extravagant and a great visit.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Walker-137728

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Another name to file away as a potential offer for the class of 2014 is DE Duncan Douglas of Lubbock Coronado. He's currently ranked #122 overall by 24/7:

“There have been a ton of schools interested in me,”
    said Douglas. “Texas, Texas Tech, LSU, Florida State, Alabama, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Georgia, TCU, Boise State and a lot more. It’s been pretty crazy, but there are a lot of them recruiting me. I’m definitely receiving a lot of interest.”

“It was a while back when I first talked to Texas,”
    Douglas told Hookem.com. “It started my sop re year. Coach (Duane) Akina told me that they’re interested in me and they believe I’m an ideal defensive end for them or for any D1 school really. He also spoke to my dad, who’s a football coach at Lubbock Estacado, and told him that they’re very interested in me. He said they really liked my size and skill.”

“I’d say my interest in them (Texas) is probably the highest,”
    he said of Texas. “I haven’t talked to them much this season due to being injured and everything, but if they offered me it would definitely be a very, very big deal. Seriously, if Texas were to offer me, it would be amazing. It would be like a dream come true for me. That would be huge.”

“I talk to Lorenzo Joe a lot,”
    said Douglas. “He’s a good friend of mine and is obviously committed to Texas, so he tells me a lot about it. We talk quite a bit. He tells me to join the 2014 class of Texas if I get the chance. He tells me to commit if they offer so I can be a part of it.”

“I’d say Texas Tech is another school I like a lot because they’re in my hometown,”
    Douglas explained. “I’ve liked them since I was little and my father went there too. I do have some interest in schools like LSU, Florida State and Alabama too. I just have to visit them and see if they would be a fit for me.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The most interesting note from 24/7 this morning has to do with the possibility of Texas looking at a second QB for 2013. It's nothing to take seriously for now, but worth noting that QB Joshua Dobbs of Alpharetta, GA recently told a Georgia site that UT has been reaching out. He's currently committed to Arizona State and will officially visit them this weekend, but remains open to taking additional trips. He is ranked #102 overall by 24/7 and is unranked on Rivals.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...a-Dobbs-134027

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to 24/7, a name that Darrell Wyatt has been quietly recruiting for 2014 is WR Patrick Walker of Grapeland. He attended the West Virginia game at Wyatt's request:

“The receivers coach, Coach Wyatt, called me and my coach,”
    explained Walker. “He invited me down to the West Virginia game, so I went. I thought it was good and very intense.”

“He told me they were definitely interested in me,” Walker said. “They’re going to keep watching me and recruiting me.”

“They are definitely in my top three,” he told Hookem.com. “It’s Texas, along with Baylor and Texas Tech. I think that the school is pretty great. They also have a real good program that I think can make me a lot better of a player.”

“I think they have very good backs and receivers,”
    said Walker. “They like to use them a lot and they can score a bunch judging from what I’ve seen. I think their offense is really good.”
    Last edited by TFloss32; 10-22-2012 at 10:41 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Current BCS standings. Texas checks in at #23:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bcs

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is the best list I could compile for the recruits that visited Austin on Saturday:

QB, Tyrone Swoopes, Whitewright
    OL, Darius James, Killeen Harker Heights
    OL/DL, Jake Raulerson, Celina
    LB, Deoundrei Davis, Cypress Woods
    LB, Naashon Hughes, Killeen Harker Heights
    CB, Antwuan Davis, Bastrop
    S, Erik Huhn, Cibolo Steele (thanks Pop!)

RB/FB, Daniel Gresham, Fort Worth All Saints
    CB, Nick Watkins, Dallas Bishop Dunne
    ATH, Chris Lane, Fort Worth All Saints
    Last edited by TFloss32; 10-22-2012 at 12:23 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI that the UIL is having a big meeting this morning concerning the creation of 6A and 7A classifications. They have also already decided to add a fourth seed to the 3A and 2A playoff brackets starting in 2013-14.

Thread Information